Postings by Garcia's Family

GO!

Grooming > Choosing a professional groomer

Pandora

Purred: Wed Mar 26, '08 1:45pm PST 
I like to pick groomers that allow me to be present and participate in the grooming, I find it keeps my kitties calmer toobig grin
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 26 6:41 pm

Himalayan > Let's get down to brass tacks
Pandora

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 10:41am PST 
Persians are particularly vulnerable to PKD, a kidney disease. Since Himmies are part of the Persian breed, I would extrapolate that Himmies are also at risk. Here is a site with good info on PKD.

http://www.cfainc.org/articles/health/pkd.html
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mylo 1989-2009, Apr 9 8:47 am

Himalayan > Is she a Himalayan????

Garcia

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 10:30am PST 
Although I am no expert, I am inclined to say that she is probably either, a ragdoll, or a siamese, hymalayan mix. She appears to have a very full coat, quite thick, but not very long.

I have both a "dollfaced" himmy, and a purebred "extreme faced" himmy, and both had quite long hair well before they were 8 months old.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Garcia, Mar 16 10:30 am

Himalayan > How can I tell the difference?

Pandora

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 10:20am PST 
Yes, originally Persians were bred with siamese for the colouring patterern called Colour point.

This means that if the kitty is a Hymalayan, she should have a different colour on her paws, nose, ears, and tail. The body should be lighter thank these colour points. The points can be any number of different colours, dark brown, light grey, even orange, just to name a few.

Persians are not pointed in tis way, and their colouring can be solid. bi colour, tabby, etc

Hope this helps
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Elliott, Jan 22 7:52 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.