Postings by Sheriff Piso's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Grooming > Dirty Bum... what to do
Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Sun Nov 22, '09 11:18am PST 
What about an adult cat with a dirty bum?
You think if I clean it enough he will get the picture!?

He does have off and on loose stools, so maybe I will contact the vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shadrach, Apr 2 9:06 am

Behavior & Training > Does your kitty like water?
Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Sat Oct 3, '09 9:17pm PST 
Piso loves water too! That's how I picked him at the shelter. He was in an office (because he would not stay in a cage) drinking water with his paw and that sealed the deal.
Once home he too would follow me in the bathroom and constantly jump up on the sink when anyone was standing near to drink out of the faucet. We had to train him not to, it was really annoying, so he has two mugs of water on the window sills.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rie, Oct 11 8:15 am

Behavior & Training > Licking Plastic?

Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Tue Jun 17, '08 9:13pm PST 
I love rubber bands! I sneak anywhere to get at them! I know they are bad for me but I can't help it.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Harvey, Jun 17 9:39 pm

Behavior & Training > Stop tripping me!

Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Tue Jun 17, '08 9:11pm PST 
Thanks for the advice guys! That's kind of my policy with dogs, but I worry about hurting cats b/c they are so much smaller and seemingly easier to hurt.
I will try these techniques.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gordie, Jun 17 9:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Stop tripping me!

Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Mon Jun 16, '08 9:15am PST 
It's starting to drive me crazy and I don't want to hurt Piso or fall flat on my face.
When I am walking somewhere in the house...no real particular place, sometimes he will follow then get going really fast next to me, then faster and zip in front of me!
Many times I've had to leap out of the way in order to avoid kicking him or stepping on his head. Argh!
How do I make him stop!?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Gordie, Jun 17 9:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Unprovoked aggression towards dog
Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Sun Mar 30, '08 4:17pm PST 
We adopted Piso in Feb., the shelter said that he had lived with and is presumably good with dogs. We were actually more worried about Finn not messing with Piso. So we took he transition slowly and all seemed to be going well. Finn is great around the Piso, but Piso is having some issues. If Finn is too close, sniffs too long, or is standing in a place that Piso wants to go to or by he bats at him. I wasn't too worried because he seemed to keep his claws in, so I would spray Piso and tell him 'No'.
But today he batted Finn and drew blood near his eye! It was lucky Finn closed his eye, otherwise I think we would have been at the emergency vet!
Anyone have any suggestions?!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Izadore (Izzie), Apr 1 8:09 am

Cat Health > Cat drinks from aquarium...

Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 10:06pm PST 
Um..Piso likes to drink out of the toliet! Finn, the dog, doesnt even do that!

We have to close the lid all the time other wise he sneaks in there. I dont get it...he has his water and the dogs water...silly cat!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sheriff Piso, Mar 27 10:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > New at this..What to feed?

Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Tue Mar 25, '08 3:11pm PST 
Wow! Thanks for the timely and thorough responses!

I think I will stick with the Felidae a little longer, while going halvies on the dry and wet.

But I guess I will look further into leaving his food out or not.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sheriff Piso, Mar 25 3:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > New at this..What to feed?

Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Tue Mar 25, '08 1:20pm PST 
I'm new to cats and am not sure what to feed Piso, so this is kind of long...
My dog, Finn gets Canidae and loves it so first thing when we adopted Piso, was get him off of Science Diet that the shelter gave me.
So we are transitioning to Felidae, and he doesn't seem to like it. He scarfs up the Science Diet and some of the Felidae, but I've actually seen him put pieces of the Felidae on the floor!
-Do I make the full transistion and be persistant for a little while to see if he will eventually like it? Of course the dog will eat anything, so I have never had this problem.

-Also I bought a can of wellness to give him some wet food as a "treat", but the more I'm reading wet should be a main part of cat's diets if not the only diet. In my "dog person" brain wet food=fat dog! HA!
How do y'all feel about feeding both dry and wet vs just dry vs just wet? And if feeding both how do you portion? (He is getting 1/3c. dry 2x a day)

-Do you leave your cats food out all day? From what I'm reading in "The Nautral Cat" it is more "natural" to feed twice a day and better for them in terms of skin and coat health, allergies, and metabolism, but Piso seems to be a grazer, eating little bits throughout the day. As this book suggested I am only leaving his food out for maybe 45mins, but he hasn't eaten all of it...
Sigh.
So many conflicting suggestions... Can I get some more to help make up my own mind!?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sheriff Piso, Mar 25 3:11 pm

Cat Health > Possible mange?
Sheriff Piso

hello green- eyes!

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '08 9:04pm PST 
Op! Just saw the "Genesis Feline Support".
I'm googling it right now.

Thanks.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sheriff Piso, Mar 18 9:04 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.