Postings by Bandit's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I became an angel today
Cocoa (Our- Angel Cat)

Couch Potato

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '12 2:20pm PST 
After months of struggling with kidney disease, my mom and dad set me free from my pain today. I know it was very hard for them, but I was getting weaker and had no interest in life any more. I am now playing at the Raimbow Bridge with the others that went before me. little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Batfink, Nov 22 4:26 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best dry food for a cat on a diet?
Cocoa (Our- Angel Cat)

Couch Potato

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 9:40am PST 
Please keep trying to convince her that even adding one can a day to the cats meals will be a big help in the battle of the bulge. Remember though to start out giving just a tiny portion, maybe just a spoonful of wet food in the beginning. The poor kitty's tummy is so used to dry 'ol food that we don't want to shock it and cause tummy troubles. But wet food is SO much healthier, even Friskies, but don't get any of the flavors with gravy, they contain wheat gluten, which is not good for cats. This site ibdkitties.net has a great listing of foods to choose from that will get her cat on the road to good health!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Mar 2 7:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > Healthy food to get fat cats to lose weight?

Cocoa (Our- Angel Cat)

Couch Potato

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 9:32am PST 
The two websites Shadow listed will give you many great choices.
A few I recommend are California Natural Grain Free Chicken (dry), but remember to get the best weight lose results and best overall health for any feline, wet food is a must! Even if you replace on meal a day with a canned food such as Friskies (the ones listed on ibdkitties.net)
you will be doing your kitty a great favor.
Purrs to good health!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Mar 1 7:54 pm

Cat Health > Cat teeth cleaning is it safe?

Cocoa (Our- Angel Cat)

Couch Potato

Purred: Tue Feb 21, '12 9:24am PST 
I had gingivitis too starting when I was pretty young. I have had to get most of my teeth pulled, and while it wasn't fun, I got over it really well. It's been 6 years since I've been without most of my teeth and I'm doing great! No more bad breath or sore mouth.
One thing my momma learned was that we cats need more wet food than dry. Dry food does not help clean our teeth. Our teeth are not designed for grinding up hard dry food. Also dry food is loaded with carbs which break down into sugar when stuck in our teeth.
Good Luck with your cleaning and purrs for good health!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Theo, Feb 22 1:10 pm

Behavior & Training > Do My Brothers Miss Me?

Pretty- (Forever in- our hearts)

Purred: Mon Jun 20, '11 9:18am PST 
It's been almost a week since I crossed the Rainbow Bridge and mom is wondering if my brothers are missing me. They seem to be quieter and one has even began sleeping in my bed, which he never did before.
The first couple of days after I was gone it seemed they were looking around the house for me, checking out all my old hangouts.
Do cats from multiple cat houses miss another when they're gone?
I know mom misses me because I still hear her talking to me.
little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maggie and Thomas - ILM, Jun 20 9:27 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I crossed the Bridge today

Purred: Thu Jun 16, '11 6:15pm PST 
Thank you to everyone for your kind words and purrs and a special thanks to Willow for helping with my wings.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pretty (Forever in our hearts), Jun 16 6:15 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I crossed the Bridge today

Purred: Tue Jun 14, '11 8:49pm PST 
Mom was right there with me saying how much she loved me and I know she did as much as I loved her.
I'm now an angel and Mom would be comforted knowing I've got my wings. Can someone let her know how to put my wings on me?
little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Pretty (Forever in our hearts), Jun 16 6:15 pm

Food & Nutrition > Where to order online?

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Tue Apr 26, '11 9:15am PST 
Another one to check out is

www.onlynaturalpet.com
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Patch, Apr 26 10:32 am

Food & Nutrition > Pentobarbital?? Euthanized dogs, cat, and horses??? Its in some petty foodies!!!

Boots

Purred: Tue Apr 26, '11 8:49am PST 
Nellie, what I meant is that some commercial foods are "better" than others. There are the grocery store foods and then there are the "better" foods that are usually sold at independent pet food stores. I would consider Wellness and California Natural a couple of the "better" commercial foods.
I know raw food is ideal, but you also have to carefully balance some supplemental vitamins etc. along with raw feeding and some humans just can't or won't do that, so that's where the "better" commercial foods come into play.

Bubbles had asked if there was any dry food that was better than Purina Indoor and I was just trying to give some options that were "better".

Purrs
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Gumpy Sweet Boy , Apr 28 3:54 pm

Food & Nutrition > need some help with wet food please
Boots

Purred: Mon Apr 25, '11 2:01pm PST 
Any of those canned foods will be alright, especially if Tigger is used to eating them. A little hint is to add just a small amount of extra water to the canned food. Cats that tend to block need extra moisture and adding a little water to the wet food gives them that.
Friskies makes a Special Diet canned formula that is supposed to help with urinary issues, so you might want to look for that and try a can or two.
Most importantly is to drop the dry food and find some canned foods that everyone likes. It takes some trial and error, but eventually it will happen. Good Luck to you and purrs for Tigger to be well.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Pandora, Apr 26 6:53 am

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.