Postings by Norman DB#93 2001-2013's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

Cat Health > Mac is very sick
Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

I know you have- chicken & I want- it.

Purred: Wed Mar 5, '14 12:02am PST 
I hope the vets can figure something out. The above article seems to be a good one. We will keep praying for you both.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Mar 15 4:10 pm

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Wed Mar 5, '14 12:00am PST 
PetMD article
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Mar 15 4:10 pm

Behavior & Training > How can I get my cat to stop being mean?

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Mon Mar 3, '14 11:25pm PST 
Is he neutered? If not he may need to be. And maybe get him some toys that require a bit of exercise, a cat tree, maybe a fishing pole type dangling toy or maybe a playmate. Maybe even when the weather gets warmer you could take him outside on a leash or in a stroller. I loved my strolls always made me feel so calm and satisfied after a nice stroll or walk on my leash.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 4 10:51 am

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Mon Mar 3, '14 11:13pm PST 
Man oh man, poor Mac. Have they done a sonogram lately? I started out with elevated liver numbers, had nodules on my liver, blocked gall bladder and IBD. All of those things can cause jaundice. That was early in 2011, I went to the bridge Sept 28th 2013, so don't give up. I took B12 shots every two weeks and a small dose of pred nisone every couple of days. I would strongly suggest you do some research on your own, maybe something you read will send that bell off in your head, maybe some small little thing that maybe you have noticed in Mac but didn't think was significant. The vets are clearly missing something. Sending many purrs and prayers for you both. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Mar 15 4:10 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New Angel Shelby

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Mon Feb 17, '14 8:26pm PST 
My friend Shelby is now an angel, her family could sure use some purrs.
Shelby
hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Feb 19 10:13 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Send Love & Purrs
Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Wed Jan 29, '14 5:48pm PST 
hug Hugs for all who need them hug

Goodbyes are so hard on the heart. cry
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Mar 19 6:50 pm

Cat Health > Cinnamon might have FIP...

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Sun Jan 26, '14 9:44am PST 
Most likely the vet felt of her kidneys/bladder while she was being examined. I am all for getting a second opinion though when the diagnosis seems to be a serious one. It couldn't hurt, there are a lot of things that mimic signs of FIP, many less serious.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Jan 26 9:44 am

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Sat Jan 25, '14 9:31am PST 
If the bloating is caused by fluid in her stomach the fluid needs to be tested using the rialta method, that is more reliable than the blood test. Blood test can only indicate that the conditions are there for FIP, it is not conclusive. And no FIP is not contagious, FIP occurs when the corona virus mutates, that mutation occurs in the individual cat, it does not spread to others. The corona virus is pretty common and experts say that at least 90% of all cats already carry the corona virus. They are unsure why it mutates into FIP in some but not others, but the odds are in your favor for you other cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Jan 26 9:44 am

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Fri Jan 24, '14 8:52pm PST 
First of all I am sending prayers and purrs your way. Second the blood test will only point to indicators of FIP, there is no conclusive test. The most reliable test would be to do a rialta test on the fluid in her belly. Thirdly FIP is not contagious. FIP is a mutation of the corona virus, it happens in only about 5% of the cats that have the virus, so the odds are in your favor on your other cat not getting sick at all. The mutation occurs in the individual cat and is not spread, the worst thing that could happen is your other cat contracts the corona virus, which most likely has already happened, but 95% of all cats with corona virus NEVER get sick. I lost a brother to FIP in 2009 and none of the rest of us got sick. Do some research join a support group, it will help you. FIPCatSupport@yahoogroups.com
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Jan 26 9:44 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > SAVE CASTER PETITION !!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

Purred: Tue Jan 21, '14 10:19pm PST 
I agree Humphrey. Say Media never had a clue what they were buying. Shoving the community to a tab and hiding us from the homepage was their first huge mistake, there was no sign of a community therefore no new memberships/fees coming in. The Catster magazine published so many garbage stories most of us quit going there, no visits means no clicks and fewer advertiser dollars. The community is what made Catster work for so long, change is not always a good thing, you can't mold every site into your preconceived format and expect it to work. Say Media failed, it was not us. I am on catbook now, if any furs join there look for me, I am listed as Norman Dreamboat 93. There are a few Catsters there, not many. A lot of people are working on getting media coverage, several news blogs have already been contacted and also several nationwide tv shows contact are in the works. We may not save Catster but at least the world will know we made a effort.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sammie, Jan 25 7:02 pm

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.