Postings by Spike's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Kitten Corner > Found 4 kittens and mom need help/advice on how to catch them....
Spike

Safe and Happy- at home again!!!

Purred: Thu May 14, '09 8:00pm PST 
Thanks for all the replies way to go

Today when I went to feed them I discovered that there is 5 kittens. They look under a month old, they eyes are still a little blue but they do take wet food I bring them. I’m trying to find some rescues that will help me catch them and contacted some that I found. I was told by one to contact a police department to get animal control officer #, I don’t want to do that I want them to go to a rescue group instead of animal control, that option will be my last resort. The good thing my sister in law helping me to find a rescue that will help kittens, she used to volunteer at a kitty shelter some years ago so she knows people in the rescue groups, we’ll see what happens with that. For now I will go there every day to feed them and see if they will start trusting me or I will need to use a trap to get them.
I actually picked up 2 kittens today, they are little wiggly fuzz balls cloud 9, they run to hide after but it didn’t take them long to come out for more food, mamma was shy today so I didn't try to pet her.

Thanks again for the help and I will keep you guys posted kitty cloud 9
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, May 16 7:26 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Need help in Hanover Park IL. Found 4 kittens and mom who need to be caught
Spike

Purred: Wed May 13, '09 11:03pm PST 
So I was walking my dog 2 days ago beside our community building when I heard a little meow. I knew it was kittens, wasn't sure were it was coming from so I stood listening and then I saw their mom walking so I just watched where she will go. She led me to the side of the building there is lot's of bushes and a little opening under a building where all of them hide. After figuring out where they are I rushed home droped off my dog grabed some food and went to feed them. Mom was super hungry and came out to eat I even got to scratch her ear. The kittens are very shy except for one who always follows his mom and comes out after, others will just show their face and go back under the building. I brought them some food today too, but I couldn't stay long and see if any of them will actually come close to me to grab them. I don't know what to do I need help/advice on what should I do or who to contact who might have a better ways to catch them. I will be feeding them every day untill I can catch them or find someone who will help me. Please help any advice is apreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Spike, May 13 11:03 pm

Kitten Corner > Found 4 kittens and mom need help/advice on how to catch them....

Spike

Purred: Wed May 13, '09 10:18pm PST 
So I was walking my dog 2 days ago beside our community building when I heard a little meow. I knew it was kittens, wasn't sure were it was coming from so I stood listening and then I saw their mom walking so I just watched where she will go. She led me to the side of the building there is lot's of bushes and a little opening under a building where all of them hide. After figuring out where they are I rushed home droped off my dog grabed some food and went to feed them. Mom was super hungry and came out to eat I even got to scratch her ear. The kittens are very shy except for one who always follows his mom and comes out after, others will just show their face and go back under the building. I brought them some food today too, but I couldn't stay long and see if any of them will actually come close to me to grab them. I don't know what to do I need help/advice on what should I do or who to contact who might have a better ways to catch them. I will be feeding them every day untill I can catch them or find someone who will help me. Please help any advice is apreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, May 16 7:26 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Lost Cat in Austin, Texas!

Spike

Purred: Wed Sep 17, '08 8:12pm PST 
Purring and praying for you safe return home Olivia....hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Spike, Sep 17 8:12 pm

Cat Health > Need help with vet bills?

Spike

Purred: Sat Jun 14, '08 9:39pm PST 
Wow I never knew that such organizations existed. Thank you guys for an awesome info ….
I will pass it along to all my furry friends………

Are any of these organizations help dogs vet bills also?

Thanks again
way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Sep 27 9:24 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > SPIKE IS MISSING..................
Spike

Purred: Sun Apr 6, '08 7:17pm PST 
Hi everyone smile
Haven't been here a while but we have been busy catching Spike and with other boring stuff. It’s been just a little over a 3 ½ weeks that Spike has been gone. We actually did see him once, about a week ago, but he run off and we couldn’t find him, at least we knew he was around the area and that’s when we decided to get a humane trap. We set it up on Friday, and today, was a good day, we got Spike! Finally he is home. cheer He is very skinny, dirty and was dehydrated, has little wounds on the bottom of his paws, and he is going to the vet tomorrow or the next day. He is eating well and drinking a lot, he had his bath, and he wasn’t happy at all about that, but he needed it. So now he is sleeping on his usual spot and we just so happy to have him home. It's time for treats, lots of food, a whole lot of love and attention, and keeping him indoors shh
Thank you all for the support it really meant a lot
hughughughughug
And we still purrrring for all the other lost kitties and hoping they find their way home real soon. hug hug hug hug hug hug
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Pete Fountain, Apr 10 1:40 pm

Behavior & Training > My grey cat Jack bit into our fish and...

Spike

Purred: Sat Mar 15, '08 9:59pm PST 
Jack it so great to hear that you staying at your home smile
cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Spike, Mar 15 9:59 pm

Behavior & Training > I'm bored...

Spike

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '08 9:13pm PST 
Spike loves laser, and feathers on the stick or whatever. Also I got him this little tent thingy for like $8 and you can also get couple of them to connect them together, he just loves it....
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by ♥Winnie - The Pooh, Mar 20 11:19 am

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > SPIKE IS MISSING..................

Spike

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '08 12:24pm PST 
My husband is printing bunch of poster today at work. I will put them up as soon as he gets home. I'm also going to talk to neighborhood kids and ask them if they seen him, or if they do that they can let me know, they always outside and running around all over.

We live in the suburbs and the only thing that worries me is that we have a highway right beside our house and there are lots of wooded areas and lots of wild animals and other pretty big roads and a railroad.
We searched high and low in our area but no sign of him. I'm afraid if he did made it across the highway I will never see him again....... There are forests and fields that he might get lost in...

I'm hoping he'll be back soon I have all my windows and doors open just in case.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Pete Fountain, Apr 10 1:40 pm

Cats & Travel > Flying alone: is it very scary?
Spike

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '08 12:07pm PST 
It can be very scary.
Read some previuos posts I posted. And talk to the vet.
And if you do have a choice to go by car I would pick that instead of the plane.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Mar 16 6:51 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.