Postings by Punkin's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > ZZ
Punkin

Don't leave me- out of the fun!

Purred: Sat Jul 6, '13 7:20pm PST 
ZZ was a little foster from the shelter I volunteer at. When I left the shelter with him, I gave him less than a 50/50 chance. What a little pill he turned into!

ZZ

Clutching your trembling, feverish,
Tuxedo-clad body to my chest,
I fled the shelter for the vet.

A few weeks of worry,
Medication,
And feeding brought
Its own reward...

A furry, purring,
3 a.m. collar.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Punkin, Jul 6 7:20 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dewey by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter
Punkin

Purred: Wed Mar 11, '09 10:05am PST 
Daddy says this book is being made into a movie, with Shirley McLain playing the human lead.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 10:33 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > KITTEN!!!

Punkin

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 6:32pm PST 
Just so you know Daddy doesn't always write "down" poetry!

--------------------------

KITTEN

Pounce! Bounce!
Skitter skatter slide
On the slippery floor!
Hide! Hide! Hide!

Catch the tail!
Catch the string!
Catch the finger!
Catch anything!

Climb the curtain!
Climb the chair!
Climb the couch!
Never a care!

Chase the shadow!
Chase the dust!
Taste the soap!
Taste the crust!

Lick the paw,
Lick the nose,
Purr a little.
Time to doze...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Punkin, Feb 19 6:32 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > A tribute to Kate

Punkin

Purred: Tue Feb 17, '09 2:46pm PST 
Kate was a dilute tortie point siamese who was brought a couple of weeks ago to the same shelter I came from . Her "loving family" had had her for 14 years, declawed her, etc., but "suddenly" their child was allergic to her. They knew our shelter was not a no-kill shelter, and they knew her health was a little compromised, with signs of diabetes or high blood pressure (she showed signs of going blind).

Unfortunately, she caught the typical URI in the shelter and did not survive it.

-------------------------------

KATE

Five thousand days
I slept on your bed
Ate under your table
Lounged on your couch
Played with your fingers
Purred on your lap
Dozed in your sunshine
Frolicked with your catnip
Watched out your windows.

You took my claws
But I never complained.
I never use them.
Not in anger.

Now, when I'm old
Slowing down
Going blind
Getting grumpy
You left me with strangers
Without a backward glance.

After only 7 days,
I'm gone to the bridge.

Was that all
We owed each other?

Was that the best
You could do?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Spike, Feb 18 11:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > What if all your cats wants is cheap food?

Punkin

Purred: Thu Dec 25, '08 2:34am PST 
The other cats and I eat a good food. But Uncle Terry's cats have never eaten anything better than Purina Cat Chow, and most of the time just a cheap store brand, and they all do pretty well. In fact, his kitties Si and Bear are 16 years old, and both have only been sick once in that time.

It's great if people buy really good food, but no one should feel guilty if they can't afford it.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 26 7:34 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Which type of cat to get?
Ella

I'm the playful- librarian.

Purred: Mon Sep 29, '08 3:18pm PST 
Cats that are declawed often develop other problems, from biting to avoiding the litter box. You can trim claws, just taking off the pointy end, or you can apply "soft paws," which are glue-on covers to protect you and your furniture. They last 2-4 weeks. You can get about 40 of them in a pack at PetSmart for about $20.
[notify]

» There has since been 74 posts. Last posting by Mr. Lollycat McNoNo, Jan 31 6:42 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Which type of cat to get?

Sterling

Leave me alone.- I'll snuggle- later.

Purred: Mon Sep 29, '08 10:44am PST 
I guess the real question is, "What kind of cat do YOU want? What personality traits are you looking for?"

There are cats that shed very little, but they don't have much fur. Think of petting a warm peach. That's your sphynx. Some people love them. Some people think they're gorgeous.

Many breeds have a reputation for being active. An ocicat, for example.

But keep in mind that if you get a cat in a shelter, you almost assuredly will not get papers, and without papers, the cat is just a cat.

We adopted out this morning a beautiful cat, 6 years old, declawed, that was the cuddliest thing you can imagine. Gorgeous too, looked like a shorthaired snowshoe cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 79 posts. Last posting by Mr. Lollycat McNoNo, Jan 31 6:42 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I got adopted!

Ella

Purred: Mon Sep 29, '08 7:13am PST 
Because of the numerous transfers, etc., my history is kind of unclear. But I know there are a lot of people and animals displaced by Katrina.

The family who lives across the alley from us lost his house in Katrina, too, and a family who lives down the street are in the same boat.

And now animals from Gustav and Ike are being transferred into local shelters.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sweets, Oct 2 12:12 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Getting a second kitty

Sterling

Leave me alone.- I'll snuggle- later.

Purred: Mon Sep 29, '08 4:54am PST 
Every kitty who goes to the Rainbow Bridge leaves a hole in your heart, exactly the size and shape of the cat. Any kitty you get later will fill part of that hole, but he cannot ever be a perfect fit. Eventually, you will have much of that hole refilled, but a little piece of your RB cat will always be missing. That's not a reason not to get a new furry friend, just an explanation of why no kitty can take away all the love you had for the one who's gone.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sterling, Sep 29 4:54 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I got adopted!
Ella

Purred: Mon Sep 29, '08 4:32am PST 
First, I went through Hurrican Katrina. I managed to survive that. Then some wonderful people came and saved me. However, there were so many Katrina animals that it took me a long time and going through several shelters before I was adopted by a family. I thought everything was going to be OK, but they brought me back to the shelter because one of them was allergic.

I was nervous and scared in the shelter. I saw many kittens and cats come and go. No one wanted me because I have a sore on my nose. It's always itchy, and I scratch it too much.

Then, Dad got worried about me and agreed to foster me when the shelter was about to give up and put me to sleep. I went home and met Punkin and Sterling. Punkin is kind of big and scary, so I've taken a while to start playing with him, but Sterling is my personal chew toy.

Mom said there was no way they were taking me back to the shelter to live in a cage or be put to sleep, so Dad went and adopted me.

Now, if I could just get my nose healed up!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sweets, Oct 2 12:12 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.