Postings by Fuifui Moimoi's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 123: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 12:52am PST 
Hi everyone! It's been so long since we posted here. We wanted to check in on Val and the kitties after seeing all the news about the earthquake on the news. I'm thinking of you, and hope you're all ok.

Things are ticking along here in Australia. This latest move has been quite an isolating one, I'm looking forward to our next one. Our little dying kitten Lishy is 18 months old now, and shows no signs of slowing down. He is a little champion.
[notify]

» There has since been 1128.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Mon Jan 17, '11 11:50pm PST 
We were safe and sound during the flooding. There was a little bit of flooding at the shops up the road, but we got off very lightly in Southern Victoria (where we now live). All this snow is making me very cold!
[notify]

» There has since been 1372.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Fri Dec 31, '10 8:25pm PST 
The two mums that we have had, Stella and Dahlia, were both beautiful friendly cats, too. I'm glad yours is getting this great chance to come out of her shell and actually enjoy her life now. What a relief it must be.

The plan is to keep fostering, but it will depend on how Fui, Suey and Lishy settle. Fui and Lishy love to play with the kittens, they are such good foster brothers. Suey has come a really long way this year in terms of her self-confidence, and we think it has had a lot to do with Lishy. She used to hide the moment she heard the gate open, but now sits downstairs with visitors and even checks up on the mail man! She doesn't like to play with the fosters, but when they have passed their quarantine period and we bring them out to play she likes to sit on the couch or the cat tree and watch them.

Suey sends whisker kisses right back atcha, Benny red face
[notify]

» There has since been 1477.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Fri Dec 31, '10 3:18am PST 
So many wonderful new additions! Rory is SO handsome, what a beautiful colour. Faye, your home must have a star above it, pointing it out to kitties in need. Lizzie sounds divine! And it is so sweet of you to foster the rest. I'm sure mama is very happy to have a safe home.

Congratulations on completing your move, Joy smile

Happy New Year, everybody smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1479.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Mon Dec 27, '10 7:17am PST 
Hello everycat! It's been such a long time since our mum has helped us post. Between dad getting back from Afghanistan, mum and dad getting married and then abandoning us for a couple of weeks, and now getting ready to move interstate, she has been too 'busy' to do my bidding.

We send many many concatulations to Boris and Gracie's mum on the arrival of little Sunshine. We checked out the picture on Boris' page, she is divine!

We have a friend with FIV, and when his mum was pregnant she did heaps to try and prepare him for the baby to reduce his stress. One of the ideas mum is planning on copying is getting a cabbage patch doll, putting the baby's creams and smells on it, and putting it in the bouncer/baby chair to help me get used to the smells. Mum's already crazy obsessed with how I will react, and they're not even ttc for another 9 months.

Mum is obsessed with my stress levels at the moment. I've had two episodes of idiopathic cystitis in the last 10 weeks, which the vet says is most likely stress related. That makes it 3 episodes this year, and 4 for the last 18 months. I'm on a wet diet, love the water fountain, have the Feliway cranking and the Rescue Remedy in my water, get lots of playtime and cuddles, but am a very sensitive soul. If I have another episode in the next two months my vet will refer me off for further diagnostic testing.

Little Ronny Licious is still going strong, at 15 months old. Fui and I both love him, and have a lot of fun with him. He is a delightful wee boy, and an excellent wrestling partner. He is tenacious enough to keep up with Fui's aggressive techniques, and small enough to fairly match me.

We hope everyone had a happy Christmas smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1511.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Fri Jul 9, '10 9:41pm PST 
That's fantastic news, Jo! party

Boris' mum, I wonder if some of the 'confidence building' techniques would help Boris? Interactive style toys that he could play with on his own (such as the wall mounted Cat Dancer Compleat or the Flingamastring) could be a way of encouraging him to entertain himself in a way that is not dependant on you.

We've seen a change in Suey since we introduced food challenges after it was recommended as a way to help her deal with stress. The ones she enjoys are pretty basic. We have a yoghurt container with a 10 cent piece sized hole in the bottom that hangs from a door handle by elastic- she has to jiggle it to shake the food out. The other one she likes is scrunching up a piece of paper with a few bits of kibble inside, which she has to unravel in order to eat. THe idea behind it is to make meal time a bit more like it would be in the wild. It's supposed to make them feel more self sufficient because they are getting the food themselves, rather than having it put in a bowl for them.

Since grooming seems to be a big source of comfort for Boris, I wonder if he would enjoy something like the Catit Senses Massage centre?

It might be an idea to not pick him up for comfort every time he cries or is demanding attention. If he learns to find ways to comfort himself, he would hopefully be less demanding when you are trying to sleep.
[notify]

» There has since been 2320.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

Laws & Legislation > Need advice about a Neglected cat

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Fri Jul 2, '10 10:14pm PST 
One thing you could do if you don't want to go directly to the 'owner' is to place found cat ads in your local paper, and put some signs up, keeping copies of the newspaper and perhaps a photo of the signs with something to date them. She doesn't sound like the kind of person who would follow up on them, but if any conflict or trouble emerged, you would be able to show a genuine attempt to find the owner.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Suey ♥, Jul 2 10:14 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Fri Jun 25, '10 9:53am PST 
Sherlock, the kitties are sending many many purrs to your mum. Is she able to get some of those meal replacement drinks? When I had glandular fever a few years ago and lost a bit too much weight I had those for a couple of weeks in addition to normal meals.
[notify]

» There has since been 2404.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Thu Jun 10, '10 9:30pm PST 
Poor little baby Al. It may well have been one of the kittens that bit him. It's a fairly common thing in the clinic I work in. The bites aren't necessarily aggressive, it's from kitties getting overexcited when they play. I'm constantly on the look out at the moment with my cats now that Lishy is getting bigger and loves having a rumble! smile I'm glad he is feeling better smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2497.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Wed Jun 9, '10 3:43am PST 
Delyte, you poor thing. It sounds like a real ordeal.

I had to go to the vet on Sunday because I hurt my eye overnight. When mum got up it was swollen shut. Luckily there was no real injury, and it is not pretty much back to normal. Not fun!
[notify]

» There has since been 2514.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

(Page 1 of 123: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.