Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Brought home two new kittens to a two year old cat.
Sophia Marie

I be a princess.- No touch! Just- admire

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '08 9:46am PST 
waves to storm.

Hi, you're Boris's new interloper, aren't you! I'm Horus's Interloper, Sophia Marie.

good points on cat integration!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 2:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grains and Veggies?
Dulci (In- Loving- Memory - you

Kitty's final- rest in a grove- of trees

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '08 9:44am PST 
as for canned meats like tuna and mackerl, the issue isn't the fruit/vegie debate, but the kinds of nutrition they are getting from protien only.

a mouse has organ meats which have lots of different nutritional components, has bones, cartladige, fur and nails - all of which provide some different nutriants. and as you said, there are small amounts of herbs and vegies in the prey's tummy. like a mouse flavored vitiman pack, don't you think?

but a mouse is maybe 1-5 (numbers made up, of course)% vegies. dry foods are 60-80% vegies often.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 30 6:07 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > If you don't want cats on counters you probably shouldn't get a cat

Horus

Wild Hunter -- in my- immagination

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '08 8:35am PST 
so you all might know my mommy and daddy bought thier very first ever house (well, "townhome") in April.

and what did "we" (the generic we, as mommy and daddy still do not kow the culprit) do in this brand new house with freshly laid carpet?

Puked all over it!!! With nice orangey/red (we eat "cheep" food which tends to have a stupid red tint, goddess knows why) vomit. in big big wet vomit, too. not that easy to clean hair ball stuff.

Nope, thier pretty baige carpet has 3 or 4 welcome spots on it! After all, they did move us from one home to another, and no matter how much better we like it here (3 full floors of chaos to wreck) we still had to protest the move. no kitty should be broken from his lovely routines - taken to a new home in a car ride that lasted HOURS AND HOURS !!!

(mommy: it was only 30 minutes, but the houling in my car would be lie that)
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 27 9:51 am

Behavior & Training > Brought home two new kittens to a two year old cat.

Horus

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '08 8:28am PST 
big "no" to leaving them unattended. Most cats woudl be fine in that situation, but one never knows when a male cat desides to go all Lion on you, and harm kittens that are not his own.

"slow goes it" is the best answer to how to get them used to eachother.

1) let the kittens out to have one room all to themselves, if possible, with food and a box.
2) after a day or so, get some help to take the kittens out into a 3rd room (maybe your bedroom, or a bath room) and let teh adult male go into the room they've stayed in, and "sniff". he'll want to know about this new smell, so he'll look around. be with him and comfort him. leave him there for an hour or so, unless he gets bored and leaves on his own. then return the kittens to "thier room".
3) after a few days (or sooner if the adult doesn't seem irritated), take the kittens out into "his" space, and keep them in your lap, while he first sees them. let him sniff the babies while they are in your lap.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 2:19 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Horus

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 3:10pm PST 
those "grandma" things are super bad in teh "hoo-man kitten" department.

they tell our mommies that we are not good enough. AS IF. and they tell our mommies how "you are only getting older". and i say "mommy, mommy, i'm plenty for you! really!" but no, those icky grandma things are very evil and have lots of stories to make mommy want a furless kitten.

(on the other hand, grandmas make the best hoo-man cookies, and have really great laps with nothing better to do but pet you.)
[notify]

» There has since been 7747 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Kitty drinking fountains...yay!!!
Horus

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 3:08pm PST 
you changed pics! the other one was soooo cute of you rolly-pollying.

we don't have a fountain. we want to tell mommy to get one, but she's stingy!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 6:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Can anyone help?

Horus

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 3:04pm PST 
i just flood my house with so many plants, he can't really harm them.

we have tons of bamboo, spider plants, etc!

he nibbles at one, then moves on to nibble at another, but there are so many, he can't really harm them.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 8:09 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Why does Hello Kitty have no mouth?

Horus

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 10:04am PST 
Someday, someone will have to explain why Hello Kitty, and the rest of kawaii ("cute") culture is so pervasive in japan and now the world.

i mean, i'm fine with 10 year olds wanting hello kitty, but i sware it's ALL THE RAGE (well, kawaii in general) in HIGHSCHOOL!!!!!!!!

teen girls are so into the "cute", young college girls are into the "cute", and now and then i even see young lawers who have just graduated into teh "cute".

ARRUUGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid hello kitty.

Where's a nice, mean, nasty "takes no bull" Tom Kitty for us guys to read?
[notify]

» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by , Jul 7 12:49 am

Other Meows & Purrs > If you don't want cats on counters you probably shouldn't get a cat

Horus

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 10:00am PST 
HEHE, it is my goal in life to insure that mommy (and sourtout daddy's) clothing are ALL ORANGE LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i find new clothes out, I'm all over them, sleeping, rolling, grooming.

If guests come over, well, they best better understand that orange is teh color of the day, and they *will* walk out with orange pants.

Oh, and every time mommy does washing, she has to clean out the lint screen. EVERY SINGLE TIME. big grin cause i love my fur to go EVERYWHERE

(mommy: shrug you'd think he'd be bald by now)
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 9:51 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Horus

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '08 9:58am PST 
shockshock

Boris, RUN NOW. Those hoo-man kitten things SMELL BAD, and they CRY ALL DAY LONG, and just when you've finally managed to remind mommy that it's time for your dinner, the now 16 year old "hoo-man kitten" takes teh car and wrecks it.

Your life will NEVER be the same.

come to my house!!!! we have great things here, and you can help me put The Interloper back into her place!
[notify]

» There has since been 7750 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.