Postings by Jade's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > Not Catscratch Fever
Makenzie

I love being- curious!!!!

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '07 3:33pm PST 
Hi everyone. I took my daughter back to the doctor today and he said that the catscratch fever test was NEG. Thank goodness. The lump is gone but she is tender again in that area. He said we would just watch her and if the lump returned we would go from there. Thank to everyone that responded. I honestly did not know what I was going to do if it had been CSF.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Binks, Oct 22 9:26 pm

Cat Health > Cat Scratch Fever
Makenzie

Purred: Sun Oct 14, '07 10:38am PST 
Thanks everyone for your response. I really hope that this is not CSF. She is still running a low grade fever, but no other symptoms other than the lump in her neck which is still tender. She goes back to the doctor this week, so I will keep everyone posted. The only place that I ever notice a scratch on her was her leg and it never got infected. There is no sign what so ever of a scratch on her neck or anywhere around that area. I just hope for the best.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jewel, Oct 14 12:57 pm

Makenzie

Purred: Sat Oct 13, '07 11:01am PST 
My daughter is 7. There is no scratch or anything other than the huge lump on the side of her neck. She has gotten scratched on the arm and leg while playing with them. They are still both kittens. I just don't see how it is the cat scratch fever. He did tell me that it comes from being scratched in the location that is infected. But, she has no scratch anywhere near her neck.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jewel, Oct 14 12:57 pm

Makenzie

Purred: Sat Oct 13, '07 10:32am PST 
My daughters pediatrician thinks she has Cat Scratch Fever. He has done a blood test, but it has not come back yet. She had been complaining of her neck hurting for about 3 days. I never saw anthing and her neck felt and looked fine. Then on Tuesday morning, I woke her up for school and she started crying. I check her neck and WOW, she had a lump about the size of a golf ball poking out of her neck. It was extremely tender. I took her to the doctor and because we have 2 cats he suspects that it is cat scratch fever. He also did other blood test to rule out cancer and infection. Blood test for cancer were neg. but her WBC showed a bacterial infection. I don't know what to think. I sure hope that when the cat scratch blood work comes back it will be neg. Has anybody ever dealt with this? I need some words of encouragement.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jewel, Oct 14 12:57 pm

Cat Health > uh oh bad reaction to vaccine

Jade

I am a- fighter!!!!

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '07 12:21pm PST 
Well, I pulled through this again. My mommy says that I am a true fighter. I am happy to say that I am a playful kitten again. Thanks everybody for your kind words and caring.

Purrrrrrr
Jade
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hobert von Kingston III, Sep 24 5:09 pm

Cat Health > Free tube of Advantage flea medicine
Makenzie

Purred: Sat Sep 22, '07 6:30am PST 
Page not found
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Sep 22 9:16 am

Cat Health > I have to go to the vets' tonight

Jade

I am a- fighter!!!!

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '07 7:01am PST 
Peanut Baby

We really hope you the purrrrrring best with your paw. I know all to well how it feels not to feel good. I am going through it right now.

Wishing you the best!!!!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hunter, Sep 22 10:28 am

Cat Health > Sprained wrists & antibiotics

Jade

I am a- fighter!!!!

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '07 6:59am PST 
Hi Mooch,

We are purrrrrrrring that you get better.

Jade and Makenzie
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mooch, Sep 21 9:07 am

Cat Health > my vet visit

Makenzie

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '07 6:54am PST 
Cabbie, we are so glad that you are doing better. We will keep purrring for you.
Makenzie and Jade
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Felix , Sep 22 10:33 am

Cat Health > uh oh bad reaction to vaccine
Jade

I am a- fighter!!!!

Purred: Thu Sep 20, '07 4:55pm PST 
Well, I have had bad reaction to my vaccine I had this morning. My doctor thought that I was well enough to finally start getting my shots, but I guess I wasn't.

Hi all,

Jade had a bad reaction to her shots. She is lethargic, will not eat and she is running a fever again. Bless her heart, I hate it for her. I took her back to the vet and he gave her a steroid shot to counter act the reaction. She still has a fever. He is hoping that she will go ahead and pull through this quickly. Right now she is in a lot of pain from the steroid shot. If I try to move her she just cries.
Has anyone experienced bad reactions to shots before. I am thinking that the autoimmune disorder that she has is the reason she reacted so badly to the shot. I guess no more shots for her.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Hobert von Kingston III, Sep 24 5:09 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.