Postings by Hobert von Kingston III's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cats and a Clean Home > Lets talk about "CAT Rooms"
Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 12:53pm PST 
Right now, we have several cat trees sprinkled throughout the house, as well as high platforms we built and put over the windows. However, we're getting ready to move and the new house is HUGE. We're dedicating one room solely to the kitties. There are already built in bookshelves in the room for climbing, as well as shelves high up on the walls (you know, for knick knacks). We're putting two of their cat trees in there so they can jump from the trees to the shelves, and there is an awesome oak tree out the window with squirrels and birds for them to watch. We're putting a curtain on the lower shelves of the built-ins and putting the litter boxes in there. Basically kitty Shangri-la.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hobert von Kingston III, Apr 15 12:53 pm

Cat Health > Capsule is too large! Help?
Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 12:46pm PST 
We had this problem recently with some insanely large thing. I was speaking with a cat lady and she had a fabulous idea. Open the capsule and mix it with something nummy and spreadable (she used EZ cheese, but you can try whatever won't bother her allergies), then put the mix on her paw and voila! She'll lick it off if it kills her, mol.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hobert von Kingston III, Apr 15 12:46 pm

Cat Health > I have mild gingivitis, any suggestions?

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 12:40pm PST 
You're doing a lot, that's great. When you brush, I'd brush with Petzlife gel or Tropiclean instead of regular toothpaste. That's what we use and never needed a dental!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Apr 19 7:23 pm

Cat Health > Hairballs for the first time?

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Thu Dec 1, '11 4:05pm PST 
So...I'm just supposed to brush him? That really has made zero difference. thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maizy , Dec 2 7:06 am

Behavior & Training > O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Wed Nov 30, '11 5:52pm PST 
Good deal. Hobie has always been good with the tree and typically just sleeps on the skirt underneath it. Zelda on the other hand...well we knew she'd be an issue. Her first Christmas we just put the tree up and didn't decorate it, then last year we moved the tree to right next to the couch in the living room so we'd be able to see it a good portion of the time. We didn't put any dangly ornaments down low to tempt them, and we kept a Nerf gun on standby in case someone needed a climbing deterrent. It worked out well.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookie, Dec 28 4:17 pm

Cat Health > Hairballs for the first time?
Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Wed Nov 30, '11 11:25am PST 
Hello all! wave

Hobie and Zelda have been on wet for a few months now, it was a tough transition and I've only found one food they could eat, but we seem to be good now.

However, with the wet, Hobie has begun having hairballs, about once a week he'll hack one up. He's never had them in 4 years, so it's definitely related to the wet food. He's shorthair, but does have a thick coat.

Is it normal for food to cause this? Can I do anything? So far adding fiber, brushing, and bathing him more doesn't seem to prevent it.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Dec 2 7:06 am

Food & Nutrition > Better to feed low quality wet or the highest quality dry?

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Thu Sep 1, '11 5:11pm PST 
Wanted to update. I've been giving them exclusively the Authority turkey & giblets for a couple of days now and we've only had solid poopies. Amazing! I'm honestly surprised the quality/protein level was perhaps the issue. I guess I figured since they were always on high quality high protein dry they'd have no problem with the wet. Guess I was wrong. shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shadow, Sep 1 11:41 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Discontinued Litter - need recs for changing brands

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Thu Sep 1, '11 9:19am PST 
Arm & Hammer also makes an unscented litter, has very little dust, clumps well, and has good odor control. I would give it a try, we used it for a long time before switching to the Feline Pine. I even bought mine at Walmart, so it's decently priced and not super hard to find.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by lucky, Nov 3 9:15 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Desert's Sand Litter

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Wed Aug 31, '11 9:24am PST 
Okay, can't recommend this stuff. The cats love it, but there are little sand piles all over the bathroom and they're kinda gross looking. You can scoop up pee clumps if you're super careful, but it uses up a ton of litter. In two days the litter has been severely depleted and the box is almost out. Kind of ridiculous. It does have an odd smell too when used, but not horrible. Nobody has actually pooped in it yet.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maizy , Sep 2 6:09 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Desert's Sand Litter
Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Tue Aug 30, '11 9:18am PST 
I know I've seen it mentioned here before, has anyone tried it? Just saw it at Walmart and picked up a bag to try. It's in one of the boxes but hasn't been used yet. I'm anxious to see how it works, though I do have nightmares about sand tracked everywhere...

It was about $7 for 6lbs, which fills up my litter box. It's supposed to last quite awhile though and can be flushed or composted, or used in the garden.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Sep 2 6:09 am

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.