Postings by Priscilla Purr-S-Ley's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 65: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Handsome Single White Kitty Seeks Loving Companion
Oliver

Look into me- eyes....

Purred: Thu Sep 17, '09 4:33pm PST 
Hello to everyone out the in Catster land - I am Oliver - a 2 year old all white MSH. I have one blue eye and one yellow eye making me extra handsome!

I'm a loving, affectionate type who likes to play, I'm really just a big kitten at heart!

I live in Brooklyn New York and am looking for my forever home so check out my page and I promise I wont disappoint.

One thing though I am FIV+ so I need to be an only kitty or in a home with another FIV kitty. Don't let that put you off I am healthy, frisky and affectionate. FIV+ Kitty's need love too!

XOXO

Oliver (Ollie) >^.^
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Sep 17 4:33 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Getting a new cat
Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Sat Dec 27, '08 4:56pm PST 
There are right ways and wrong ways to introduce a new cat into a home. If you adopt from a shelter - which i recommend - ask them for advice on this, they should be able to give you pointers and tips abotu how to introduce them so they wont be jealous of each other.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Dec 27 4:56 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > New York Area Adopter Needed Right Away!

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

Purred: Sat Dec 27, '08 4:53pm PST 
We're driving up to South Kortright in the Catskills!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Dec 27 4:53 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > New York Area Adopter Needed Right Away!

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

Purred: Sat Dec 27, '08 8:14am PST 
Hello all,

Well we've rescued another kitty. A sweet friendly medium haired black and white female. She's very cute and playful, we think she's about a year old.

When we went to the vet they said she was already neutered and that she was declawed. They ran tests on her and she came back FIV+. Although she is perfectly healthy in every other way this means we cannot keep her so we're trying to find her a new home.As she was rescued just before Christmas she was 'christened' Mrs. Claus.

A spot has opened up at a shelter upstate that we can take her to but we would rather she find a real forever home. If you think your home might right for this sweet kitty please check out her listing on Craigslist:

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/970999577/ufzxi

Thanks!

Wolfie and family
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Dec 27 4:53 pm

Kitten Corner > Stinky Breath...Teething??

Mr. Fred

Will Purr for- Pets

Purred: Fri Dec 12, '08 11:22am PST 
Could be a lot of things, cats breath is naturally sti8nky but a rotten tooth can make it worse. If you have been an outdoor kitty and your teeth are very bad ask the vet about bartonella it can cause gingivitis and lead to bad teeth and stinky breath. Fred has this and we get his teeth done once a year. He gets a sealant to put on his teeth to protect the few he has left as well.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sable - ~Love you Always~ , Dec 12 8:17 pm

Kitten Corner > can someone tell me the symptoms of a deaf kitten. thanks
Jabba the- Cat

PURRPURRPURR

Purred: Fri Dec 12, '08 11:20am PST 
Symptoms? Besides not being able to hear?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Riley, Dec 17 3:03 pm

Kitten Corner > What am I?

Natasha

i wanna explore - let me out!

Purred: Fri Dec 12, '08 11:18am PST 
YOu've got eh ear tuffs characteristic of both and also of Siberians for that matter but do you have the toe tuffs too? I see a lot of maine coon mixes around they are very popular s they have the look but not the genetic issues purebreds get. Course you could be both you ever think of that? They have a test at PetCo a genetic thing thye draw blood and supposedly can tell you pretty certainly what mix you are. But can you be bothered?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Dec 12 11:18 am

Kitten Corner > Question about vaccinations

Priscilla- Purr-S-Ley

All hail the- Queen

Purred: Fri Dec 12, '08 11:16am PST 
I'm pretty sure 3 FVRCP is the full amount, and there are two Leukemia shots. If you doing the vaccines dont 4get rabies too.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Althea, PAWS, Dec 13 7:22 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > CHINA - PETITION: Over 1,500 CATS trapped in Shanghai and surrounding area for shipment...

Natasha

Purred: Sun Nov 2, '08 8:17am PST 
In case th link don't work here it is again:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/over-1500-cats-trapped-in -shanghai-and-surrounding-region-for-shipment-to-southern-chinas-foo d-and
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crayons, Nov 22 5:56 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > CHINA - PETITION: Over 1,500 CATS trapped in Shanghai and surrounding area for shipment...
Natasha

Purred: Thu Oct 30, '08 7:12pm PST 
PLEASE DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON THESE CATS - EVERYONE WHO CARES ABOUT AN ANIMAL - PLEASE SIGN AND CROSS POST - THIS HAS TO STOP - we have to speak out against atrocities like this!!!
FORWARD FAR AND WIDE -

http://www.thepetit ionsite.com/ 1/over-1500- cats-trapped- in-shanghai- and-surr

Over 1500 Cats Trapped in Shanghai and Surrounding Region for Shipment to Southern China's Food and Fur Industries
Jia Xing (Zhejiang Province, China)
30 August 2008

Some of the over 1500 terrified cats trapped in and around Shanghai for shipment to Guangdong for food and fur.

On Friday, 29 August 2008, local animal rescuers located several trucks with over seventy bamboo crates crammed with nearly 1500 cats in Jia Xing, a small city in Zhejiang Province, about an hour outside of Shanghai. These cats had likely been trapped in parks, from housing compounds and the street of Shanghai and neighbouring areas. Many of the cats in the crates had collars on them – obviously people's pets, possibly trapped just meters from their home. Their destination was (and still is) Guangdong Province in southern China, to be used for food and fur.

The trucks were intercepted late at night in a parking lot in an industrial section of town and as the cat trappers attempted to load the trucks, rescuers called the police. Some rescuers claimed to have lost their cat, while others challenged the rather unofficial-looking photocopied documents that the head of the cat smugglers produced to support his claim that he owned the cats legitimately, having paid RMB50,000 for Photocopied 'ownership' papers them (USD$7,320 / GBP£4,067), and that he was transporting them all according to permit.
Regardless of the legality of transport permits, the condition in which the cats were packed – crammed 20 or more to a small crate with no room to move and no access to food or water, while some newborns were being crushed to death and other cats had died, was a shockingly cruel sight.

Over 15 hours of negotiations ensued, in which the local rescuers refused to pay the smugglers for the cats (an agonizingly tough approach, but buying them would fuel more trapping for the 'rescue market'). By mid-day Saturday, a crowd of nearly 300 people had gathered. A local TV crew filmed animal lovers feeding the cats through the slats of the crates and watering them down to keep them cool.

With an obvious stalemate, increasingly terrified cries coming from the crates and the deteriorating condition of the 1500 cats, several of the crates were broken and cats freed– albeit near a dangerous intersection without anybody to provide follow-up care. At this point, the area was cordoned off and further access to the cats blocked.

By late afternoon, the crowd was dispersed and, sadly, the remaining crates of cats appeared to be loaded onto a new truck by the cat trappers.
Although there is often little hope of helping cats already trapped and on their way to Guangdong, a focus of efforts on spay / neuter and indoor cat campaigns will hopefully someday reduce the numbers of available strays and unwittingly friendly pets going to market.

SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR CAT
KEEP YOUR CAT SAFELY INDOORS
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Crayons, Nov 22 5:56 pm

(Page 1 of 65: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.