Postings by Oreo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Cat Health > Liquid Poo...help please!
Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 6:41pm PST 
Didn't read all the responses, but did want to put my 2 cents in...we have a kitty here who has problems with her poo....she's got food allergies....so I had her on Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck....eventually switched to the Salmon and Green Pea kind....she can't eat any chicken or beef..so if you try something that's never been eaten before, like venison or duck or even rabbit, you will hopefully find out if it's food allergies...

As for now, they are trying the Nature's Variety Salmon Meal and Brown rice variety.....she seems to be doing pretty good...

Hope you find the solution....Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Jazzmine, Aug 21 6:48 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Kitty's daddy passed away...now he needs a home
Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Wed Nov 18, '09 10:30am PST 
happy dance We are SO happy!! happy dance

Rocky has a new home will be going there this Friday!!

Thanks so much to his new owner who is going to give him the best!!

party
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Buddy Bolden, Nov 18 11:42 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Kitty's daddy passed away...now he needs a home

Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Sat Nov 14, '09 7:05pm PST 
Meowmy has a dear friend who passed away last Sunday....he had a kitty named Rocky...so far the friends daughter doesn't know what to do with Rocky.....meowmy wishes and wishes she could take him....but with so many other kitties here and the issues we are dealing with (me included...one kitty had FIV and has to be kept seperate...) anyway.....

we live in Ohio and desperately want to help find a home for Rocky....

what can we do?? The daughter is allergic to kitties and works way too much to keep him and so far they can't find a home for him...Rocky is a sweet kitty...but he has been known to bite...he doesn't attack...but just was never socialized properly...meomwy knows if she could she would take him in and help him...

she's heartbroken over this and time is running out....we can't bare to see Rocky go to a shelter...be it a no kill shelter or not...............

please..does anyone have any ideas.....

the one thing meowmy has thought of is...if she could find a home for Socks...he has FIV...he can't be with the other kitties here...but if she could find a good home for him she is thinking she could take Rocky then...............

any ideas or help....would be GREATLY appreciated......we're worried sick over what will become of Rocky..............
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Buddy Bolden, Nov 18 11:42 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > URGENT: Tuxedo in NC Needs Help

Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Sat Nov 14, '09 6:57pm PST 
can't he find a no kill shelter at least????

we are about in the same situation..needing to find a home for a friends pet...he passed away last Sunday and now Rocky needs a home....this is just awful.....poor things....

find a no kill shelter and take it there if nothing else ....frown
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Oreo, Nov 14 6:57 pm

Food & Nutrition > Suggestions please! Food problems....

Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Thu Nov 5, '09 1:43pm PST 
Oh...you were referring to feeding 30 cats?...LOL...then I guess 6 to $11 is pretty good...

I have 5 kitties here.........I just bought some California Naturals Herring and Sweet Potato formula and some Felidae Grain free salmon meal formula...of course a couple really like the one...BUT we still need to open the other and let them try a little...

I am STILL considering the raw diet though....just concerned how difficult it may be to get my hands on rabbit and venison to use....don't really wanna use chicken....(since I suspect the one is allergic to it)

oh boy...this is no fun..........thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Nov 6 12:30 am

Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Thu Nov 5, '09 5:55am PST 
$6-$ 11 a day would be way too much for me...I can't afford the stuff I have been getting....much less that.

I am planning on checking a local meat market that we get our meat from and ask them about getting the organ meats and such that I would need...BUT...I am certain I still need to find some kind of dry food so they have something to nibble on...I just don't see how you can feed them a few times a day and not have something there for them to eat when they want it...

Thanks Hazel Lucy for the invite! I will definately join!

I do plan to check on raw diets...just not sure if it's something I can really get in to..$$$$$ is the BIGGEST issue now...I wish I didn't have al these cats....I love them all..but it's so hard when they get sick and you pay a fortune for one and then worry another may get sick...I just can't afford all this.....cry
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Nov 6 12:30 am

Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Wed Nov 4, '09 1:57pm PST 
Thanks for your suggestions! I was expecting most to suggest a raw diet....

I am not sure yet about that, but will look into it...I worry that trying to feed 5 cats a raw diet will cost a fortune too...

thanks!!

confused
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Nov 6 12:30 am

Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Tue Nov 3, '09 3:07pm PST 
here's my problem...

I have one cat, we suspect food allergies...I have her on a perscription diet that is costing me a fortune! ($56 for an 8 lb. bag) plus she gets predisone for polpys in her throat and nasal cavity.

I have one cat (who is kept seperate) that has FIV and throws up if I feed him anything other than Hills Science Diet Sensitive stomach formula.

AND I have an older cat, who just had PU surgery and I worry that he needs something to prevent struvite crystals...(even though doctors tell me he shouldn't have any problems ever again?)

I also have 2 other cats who seem fine with whatever..but prefer the Natural Balance Salmon and Green pea formula...

My question is...what food could I buy that would work for all these problems? I am spending a fortune on food and need to find something that all can eat so I am not buying 3 different bags of food...I just can't afford this..(I owe about $4000 for the one cat who had the PU surgery..so money is a HUGE issue for me now)

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Nov 6 12:30 am

Plus Power of the Paw > I'm having PU surgery today..

Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Tue Oct 20, '09 1:43pm PST 
YIPPEE..I got my stitches out this morning..and guess what!!?? I am not chewing or licking my hiney...SO...meowmy hasn't put the collar back on me...

I have a feeling she will when she leaves me alone during the day...but that's okay....I have until Thursday, (with the collar) I think and all will be fine..

Thanks so much for purring for me...!!! happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Oct 21 10:02 am

Plus Power of the Paw > I'm having PU surgery today..
Oreo

Wild man

Purred: Mon Oct 12, '09 7:42am PST 
Thanks so much!!
Sure hope these next couple weeks fly by...starting to not like it when meowmy puts my collar back on after taking it off for a while..she said she'll keep an eye on me so I don't have to wear it so much...but gee whiz...that collar is no fun!

Also...can't wait for my hair to grow back on my hiney....my human brofurs say my hiney looks gross now...tee hee hee....once my fur grows back you'll never know!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Oct 21 10:02 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.