Close X

Postings by Baltster 1990 ~ 2011's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 82: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > MOO BOO CLUB - IN LOVING MEMORY OF BOO (2002 ~ 2015)
Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '16 1:52pm PST 
Wishing your meowmy the best at the Dentist Brucie,
Good night Mouse Sweet dreams
[notify]

» There has since been 199 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Thu 1:52 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > MOO BOO CLUB - IN LOVING MEMORY OF BOO (2002 ~ 2015)
Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '16 1:39pm PST 
Happy Birthday to Bonnie.
Bruce your pa was kind of right Baltster was born in Christchurch and lived there for 9 years with the humans until they moved up to Auckland 17 years ago. They flew him up here because he would be terrible in a road trip. It would have been a 2 day trip shock.
The humans tried to sell the house they had down there 6 years ago and then the earthquake happened a couple of days after it was put on the market. The house luckily only had a few cracks that was able to be repaired and they still managed to sell it big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 201 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Thu 1:52 pm

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Sun Nov 27, '16 12:06pm PST 
wave Thanks for asking about the earthquake. We are in Auckland which is a reasonable distance away from the epi center, But some people are struggling to clean up the mess. They are still trying to clear roads etc.

We are all quiet here. The human is crazy at work with this silly season almost here. I really don't know why they go crazy at this time of the year.

Come on humans it's just an ordinary day?????? But then if they want to give us gifts, So be it, I'm all for it. Cat nip please, Ah while you are at it, we could do with a better cat tree big grin

The human just told me why they celebrate the day but I still don't understand? It doesn't sound like a nice event.

Still back to the gifts yeah we'll take em.kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 222 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Thu 1:52 pm

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Thu Nov 10, '16 6:12pm PST 
Hummmmm cheese on toastbig grin MOL I'm always behind on the conversation laugh out loudToo late to say good night laugh out loud Hope you all are staying warm
[notify]

» There has since been 352 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Thu 1:52 pm

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '16 1:01pm PST 
wave For us the fireworks was loud this year. The neighbour below us lit some this year .shock It was so loud as the firewroks went off about the same level as our house. Right in front of us, it shook the house. Luckily we now have double glazing on the house window so the human shut all the doors and windows and pulled the curtains. We really jumped when the first one went off the big doors where open and it really gave us a fright.
Purrs Mr D

We all ran to the human. and she jumped too.
[notify]

» There has since been 403 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Thu 1:52 pm

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Sun Nov 6, '16 1:09am PST 
Fireworks is terrible kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 415 posts. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Thu 1:52 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I am an Angel now~!

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '16 12:33pm PST 
Yes it's now Oct 8th and we are still here. cheer It's still good to see your lovely face Mallee

Purrs Mr D
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Oct 7 12:33 pm

Senior Cats > New IDEXX SDMA Test To Detect Kidney Disease Sooner

Raza

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '16 2:17am PST 
Thanks for posting it. Purrs Raza
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Raza, Oct 7 2:17 am

Cat Health > Enough is enough when will it end. Stupid kidney stones

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Thu Oct 6, '16 1:18pm PST 
Hi I didn't think Mr D had that much of a problem.

I knew he was getting UTI's. His mother and sister also would get them. They say it can run in the families, also persian cats as well as a few other breads ragdolls etc are susceptible to it.

I know Mr D doesn't look it but his mother is a short haired persian.

They have been on Royal Canin SO food and Hills C/D for years (about 8 years now)

I think Hills food was more directed at the crystals at first which was not good for a stone forming kitty. Luckily now they have changed the formula.

Do you know where the stones are. Are they just in the bladder or are they in the kidneys too?

Mr D had them in the kidneys and they would get large enough that they blocked the ureters as they traveled from the kidney to the bladder.

He went into surgery to have them removed then he blocked in the urethra after they took the catheter out. After him been in there for a couple of weeks and he kept pulling it out he probably did a bit of damage. So they did the PU surgery

MOL our little man is a little ???? nothing MOL there is nothing there.

It's now been a year and a half since the surgeries, he has his ups and downs but at the moment he seems great.

We do regular ultasounds to keep an eye on things as one of his ureters was so badly blocked, they had to reconnect it to another part of the bladder.

I often read about feeding wet food and I understand it is importance. But Mr D refuses to eat it. It's down every night for his mother but he won't touch it.

But I'm also scared to alter his food. After the surgery's I was determine to get to the bottom on his food problem, but the more I read the more confused I got.

Some food had spinach which is bad
some had cranberries which is suppose to be good but then I also read no Vit C in the diet.

No meat no grains arghhhhhh...... I went around the bend. I decided to stick with the food the vets recommended as they did say they do spend a lot of money researching the best ingredient list.

For now I think I'll have to trust them.

I hope all is good with you.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Oct 6 1:18 pm

Grooming > Bathing cats and preventing shedding. HELP!
♥Sam

Purred: Thu Oct 6, '16 2:28am PST 
I can't believe I'm just seeing this. Sorry about that. Are you still around? We only have three kitty's living in our house and it's only fur mum Raza that gets a bath. I'm no expert but as I understand it, some say it's best to comb first before bathing as the mats are hard to get out if you do it after. But maybe someone else will give another take on it. But for us, we make sure Raza is fairly knot free, and also not right after we have given her flea meds. Before she gets one. If this helps purrs Sam
BTW how did you go I'm assuming you have trey it by now.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥Sam, Oct 6 2:28 am

(Page 1 of 82: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.