Postings by Mickey (Angel Dreamboat #22)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 62: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Male trying to mate as early as 5mo?
Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 9:12pm PST 
No, neutering does not stunt growth. As the other posters have said, no need to wait. male cats can sire a litter as early as 4 months. It's precosious, but not unheard of. I heard of a breeder who once had an "oops" litter sired by a 4 and a half month old kitten. As he's starting to show some "male" behavior, I wouuldn't hesitate to schedule his neuter ASAP.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Linus (Dreamboat #72a), May 25 9:12 pm

Cat Health > Health insurance for cats?
Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Sat Apr 21, '12 5:46pm PST 
Good question. I would call and speak to a rep at whatever company you are considering. I believe Trupanion goes by date of onset and medical records.

As far as dental work and routine care... some plans don't cover that. Others charge higher premiums if they do. I've tried two other pet insurance companies and was happiest with Trupanion. I've found routine care and dental care you can plan for. In my opinion the higher premiums to cover routine care and dental care did not increase the value. I would suggest an illness/injury plan. The unexpected things are what can really add up and be difficult financially. You can plan for routine care and dental care.

Also ask about chronic conditions. One of my Rainbow Bridge kitties was diagnosed with asthma. I was with Pets Healthcare Plan at the time, and they covered his asthma meds. Suddenly they started denying his claims stating the plan renewed and it was now pre-existing even though he never had a lapse in coverage! I've learned this is common with pet insurance - their way of getting out of paying for chronic (expensive) conditions. Trupanion assured me they will continue coverage as long as there is no lapse.

Anyway, buyer beware. Read the fine print, ask a lot of questions of the reps before enrolling, and make sure you understand what you are buying.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Wilbur, Apr 24 12:12 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bumpurr 10/18/06 - 4/13/12

Vinny (DIT- #21)

I'm a- Dreamboat-in-Tra- ining!

Purred: Sat Apr 21, '12 1:43pm PST 
Just saw this. I'm so sorry for the loss of Bumpurr! He had a wonderful life with you. Bumpurr would want you to remember him with a smile and remember the good times. So sorry.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Baron, Jul 1 6:27 pm

Cat Health > Health insurance for cats?

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Sat Apr 21, '12 10:14am PST 
I have Trupanion insurance on my cats, and have been very happy with them. I believe they will enroll cats up to age 14... but the older kitty is when enrolled, the higher your rates will be. Also be aware that no insurance will cover any pre-existing conditions. I am glad I have insurance on my cats, and it has helped several times. You can get a free quote at http://trupanion.com/

Trupanion offers a free 60 day trial through Catster here:
http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/get-2-months-of-free-pet-med ical-insurance
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Apr 24 12:12 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Affordable clumping litter with little to no dust?

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '12 7:05am PST 
Glad you like Dr. Elsey's!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Merlin Sage, May 5 9:16 am

Plus Power of the Paw > POTP for Chibi, please?
Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 7:51pm PST 
Glad you are okay Chibi!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Apr 2 7:43 am

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '12 7:00am PST 
Any update on Chibi?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Apr 2 7:43 am

Cat Health > Something just didn't seem right ...

Vada (in- loving- memory)

Mommy's little- angel

Purred: Fri Mar 23, '12 9:11am PST 
@ Ramsey: Thanks for clarifying your comment. My breeder also has the highest standards and is an extremely careful, very reputable breeder with a very small cattery. Yes, FIP is somewhat more common in multi-cat settings. The more cats, the more likely corora virus is in the colony. The more cats, the higher the stress level on the cats too, which can weaken the immune system. Most cats do come from multi-cat situations though, so most cats (80%) will have a positive corona virus titer. Shelters, rescues, breeders, barn cats... corona virus is out there, and almost impossible to avoid. I only pray a cure or a safe and effective vaccine can be found very soon. FIP is such a cruel, horrible disease and has claimed far too many kitties. No kitty or their parents should have to go through that.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ajaxx Anthony Fisher, Mar 31 3:29 am

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

Purred: Thu Mar 22, '12 8:12pm PST 
Oh no! Purring for Chibi to be okay.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Apr 2 7:43 am

Cat Health > Something just didn't seem right ...
Vada (in- loving- memory)

Mommy's little- angel

Purred: Thu Mar 22, '12 7:29pm PST 
Thanks for the update. Hope you get to take him home tomorrow. It could be either wet or dry FIP. You would need to do an ultrasound to be sure if there is any internal fluid accumulation. The vets thought I had dry FIP for weeks... then suddenly I filled up with fluid and and was in a lot of distress. That part came on very suddenly. Sending purrs your way, and hoping for the best.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Ajaxx Anthony Fisher, Mar 31 3:29 am

(Page 1 of 62: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.