Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Cats & Travel > 16 hours in car w/8 cats
Stevie Ray

I'm invisible!

Purred: Mon Mar 3, '08 6:37am PST 
We're moving to Florida from Northern Virginia. Mommy is trying to figure out the best way to move our 8-kitty family down there.

She's read lots of the tips here but wondered if anyone had experience with such a looooong trip that they might share they're insights?

She's even looked into chartering an airplane ($10k! yikes!). She's thinking that she'll buy crates for each one of us so there'll be room for a litter box. And then we'll have them in case we ever have to evacuate.

The current plan is 4 cats/crates per car and drive straight through. Or she might rent a van and put us all in one car.

I HATE riding in cars. Last time Mommy tried to take me to the vet I howled so much she turned around (I have her trained well). So Mommy says I'm getting drugs. We had a vet that came to the house so Mommy doesn't really know how everyone else does in the car. We're all getting vet checks before we move at the new vet in an office we have to drive to so she'll get some idea then.

We're gonna love our new house. It's got a large screened-in pool area attached to the house so we can go outside whenever we want. And there are lots of plant ledges that Mommy is goint to build stairs to so we can climb up high just like a kitty habitrail! I just wish is wasn't such a long drive!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 18 5:38 pm

Cats & Travel > I am moving to London - litter box in the crate question
Nelson- Mandela

Nelson the big- boy

Purred: Mon Mar 3, '08 6:04am PST 
Good luck on your move. Just curious, does the UK still have a 6-month quarantine?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 14 12:02 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Pinkie & Patrick furever home together PLEASE!

Pinkie- McBoingBoing

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 4:27pm PST 
Xnay on the furever homeay. Foster Mommy and Daddy flunked and decided to keep use furever! YEA!!! We're so happy. We can't wait to get out of our room to meet our brothers and sister. We bet they'll be thrilled to meet us! NOT!

Now M & D have 8 puttyheads! And they won't be fostering any more. But we're glad they flunked!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 1 5:46 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Pinkie & Patrick furever home together PLEASE!

Pinkie- McBoingBoing

Purred: Wed Sep 26, '07 7:12am PST 
We're in a foster home in Northern Virginia and are looking for a furever home that will adopt both of us. We're brothers and buddies and we'd be so lonely without each other. Our foster Mommy and Daddy would love to keep us but they already have 6 cats.

We're a little shy at first but warm up quickly. We love to cuddle with people and each other. We fun and funny!

Won't someone think about giving us a furever home?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 1 5:46 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Foster Flunkies!

Chance- Nickolas

GATOR BABY!

Purred: Tue Sep 25, '07 4:10pm PST 
My mom and dad are fostering for the first time. They started with 7 kittens that needed socializing, they were 13-14 weeks old. 4 of the 7 have been adopted. There are 3 left. They are now 5.5 months old. They've been here for almost 2 months. They are going to keep one (ratz!) for sure. They want the other two to be adopted together which limits the field. Or should they keep them? They feel rotten picking between any of them, but they have 5 cats already. Daddy has been very sad letting any of them go. Mommy too, but Daddy takes it very hard.

It might be nice for me to have some more brothers to play with since I really bug my big brother Nelson. But can mom and dad realistically share the love with 8 cats? Mommy always said she'd stop at 6.

Is 8 cats too many? Technically we have the space.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 5:02 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > fostering FECV kittens - Advice please
Stevie Ray

I'm invisible!

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 3:25pm PST 
I'm going to be fostering 7 kittens starting Friday. There were 9 but 2 died of FIP. I know FIP isn’t contagious but is a fatal mutation of FECV (which is contagious) that affects young or old cats. My cats are 1yr to 5 yrs old so I think we’re ok there. The kittens will be isolated in their own room and will not have direct contact with my other 5 cats.

Does anyone have any advice on precautions to take? I know I have to be careful with the feces. I bought a box of Ziploc bags to use when I clean the litter box. But is there anything else I really need to know?

I read that it would be hard to carry FECV on clothes. Is that true? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 11:08 am

Cat Health > FECV foster kittens

Chance- Nickolas

GATOR BABY!

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 3:06pm PST 
I'm going to be fostering 7 kittens starting Friday. There were 9 but 2 died of FIP. I know FIP isn’t contagious but is a fatal mutation of FECV that affects young or old cats. My cats are 1yr to 5 yrs old so I think we’re ok there. The kittens will be isolated in their own room and will not have direct contact with my other 5 cats.

Does anyone have any advice on precautions to take? I know I have to be careful with the feces. I bought a box of Ziploc bags to use when I clean the litter box. But is there anything else I really need to know?

I read that it would be hard to carry FECV on clothes. Is that true? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 31 6:13 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Please Help save him!!

Nelson- Mandela

Nelson the big- boy

Purred: Fri Jul 27, '07 10:25am PST 
Might you be able to adopt him? It sounds like you'd be able to give him the care and attention he needs.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 8:21 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > When there are no shelters...

Chance- Nickolas

GATOR BABY!

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '07 10:46am PST 
Homeward Trails Animal Rescue works with shelters in WV. They're located in Arlington, VA.

http://www.homewardtrails.org/

There's also:
Humane Society of Raleigh County Inc. in Beckley, WV 25802
Humane Society of Pocahontas County in Hillsboro WV 24946
Ritchie County Humane Society Inc in Harrisville, WV 26362
Raleigh County Animal Rescue in Coal City , WV 25823

You may be able to find more at PetFinder.org and put in WV. That's where I found these. I don't know how close they are to you but they may be able to help.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 10:46 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Thinking,but need some help!
Fiona- Balloon

I'm not fat, I'm- just fluffy!

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '07 10:29am PST 
I think a 4th kitty makes a nice round number! Especially since he likes girls!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 11:35 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.