Postings by Sarge (In Loving Memory)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Help! How can I adjust to other cats?
Josie - Adopted

Athletic Beauty

Purred: Fri Nov 1, '13 7:00pm PST 
I was adopted at about 8 weeks and spent most of my life as a single cat. Then my human mom got married and I've had to cope with a big dog chasing me around and a constantly changing schedule. It was stressing me out so Mom decided I needed a new home.

I've been in my new home for about three months now and I spent most of it in my carrier where I feel secure. My new sister, Pepi, is a real pest. I don't know if she's territorial or if she wants to be friends but she spends a lot of time in my room when the door is open. I hiss and growl at her and when she gets too close I screech and try to fend her off. eek

I have to be dragged out of my carrier to hang out with Dad and I rush back upstairs to my room at the end of the night. I have rarely left my room willingly since I got here.

Now I am eating and using the litter box normally. There haven't been any accidents. I am not excessively grooming and I do accept a nice head scritch from my new Dad. But he really wants me to integrate myself with my new kitty sisters. Introductions back when I came here were probably faster than they should have been because of Dad's work schedule and he couldn't come into my room without one or the other two cats sneaking in as well.

Now the questions are, is it too late for me to adjust? Was I always destined to be a solo kitty? Is there a way for me to come out and if not accept my new feline sibs, at least tolerate them? Most importantly, can I be happy here?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Josie - Adopted, Nov 1 7:00 pm

Behavior & Training > Will she ever adjust?
Pepi

Yeah! I has- home!

Purred: Sun Sep 15, '13 8:27pm PST 
Last month I took in a cat who needed to be rehomed. Her name is Jo-Jo and she was originally adopted at 8 weeks and was a single cat. Now she has to share a home with my other two female cats Lena and Pepi. Things are OK with Lena, but Pepi thinks she has a new friend. She loves to be in Jo-Jo's room and sit in a chair while Jo-Jo is in her crate. When she does come out she growls and hisses at Pepi.

Pepi has been known to be an annoying pain at times so I'm not sure if she's intentionally giving JoJo a bad time or if she's just being herself and likes being near JoJo. But about every day I hear JoJo make cat-fighting sounds when Pepi gets too close. It doesn't last long and Pepi leaves soon enough. This is wearing me down.

I'm not sure if Pepi will ever learn to leave JoJo alone or if JoJo will ever learn to live with other cats. I hope it's the latter because "her" room heats up too much and I'd like to close it off. More importantly I want JoJo to feel free to move about her own freely and not worry about the other cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pepi, Sep 15 8:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Why am I so scared (and how do I stop)?

Pepi

Yeah! I has- home!

Purred: Fri Aug 17, '12 6:19pm PST 
OK some background; I've lived with my Daddy for about 4 years now. First I was a foster kitten then he adopted me after 6 months. We think I was either a feral kitten or that I was abused/neglected before being rescued. I never like being held or cuddled. When Daddy tries, I act all scared and try to get away. When the doorbell rings or Daddy sneezes or there's some other loud noise I jump up and run away to the basement. I don't stay long, I don't even make it to the basement most of the time before I've calmed down.

I meow a lot for pets and Daddy tries to give them to me, but I don't stay for long or I move away when he gets close. I don't like having my movements restricted or to feel like I'm trapped. Daddy's doing his best to make me happy. I sleep with him every night and he pets me when I let him every morning. But since I'm so scared all the time it makes it hard for him to love me.

I have a kitty sister, but she's the alpha and growls at me if I get too close. It's been better since my brudder Sarge passed because now we just have each other. But how can I get better. I'm in a good home and no one is going to hurt me, so why am I scared?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by CK Angel Ryder Knowles, Aug 17 8:42 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I will be going to the bridge soon.

Sarge (In- Loving- Memory)

Hey you, pay- attention to me!

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 8:22pm PST 
I got an ultrasound at the vet today. The cancer we thought we beat last October is back and has spread to my lymph node and wrapped around my stomach making it hard to eat. I've lost a lot of weight in one week. There's nothing we can do. Any new meds would just prolong what is happening. The best we can do is try to stay happy and comfortable until the end which will probably be this Friday.

My Dad is very sad. I've been almost constantly with him for 5.5 years but now I don't sleep with him as much. We tried everything to get me better but this cancer is drug-resistant. We knew it was coming, but it still hurts.

Please purr for a peaceful transition and hope we're doing the right thing now instead of trying for another week that may or may not be good.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Patch, Jun 8 12:46 pm

Behavior & Training > Look! Look! Look at my butt!

Pepi

Yeah! I has- home!

Purred: Sun Nov 20, '11 3:45pm PST 
When I jump on Daddy when he sits in his easy chair I turn away from him and try to back up in his face (even when he's eating). He has to hold his arm in front of him to guide me to a more acceptable position, but I resist. Why do I insist on doing this?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Leo, Nov 26 6:02 am

Cat Health > Why won't I eat?

Purred: Tue Nov 1, '11 8:15pm PST 
It's been a while and I wanted to give closure to this thread. Recently the vet did an ultrasound and discovered a mass of infected tissue near my stomach and small intestine. We had it removed, but it was touch and go for a while. I am recovering with the help of lots of meds (yuck) and I'm home and eating again. We're still going to get weighed occasionally until we're sure I'm gaining weight. (Dad can still feel my backbone when he pets me.) I'm eating and drinking again so we're cautiously optimistic. Thank you everyone for your advice and support.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jack, Nov 2 2:12 pm

Purred: Mon Oct 10, '11 7:04pm PST 
Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I have pancreatitis. It took the tests longer than expected to get back to us. So we finally found the problem. I have to take yucky pills every day in order to get better. I'm still not eating much but that's likely because my pancreatitis isn't letting me. All we can do now is to take my meds and encourage me to eat. We'll see what happens.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. Now we have a course of action to take. People are optimistic but Dad is getting emotionally worn out. That's part of why he hasn't responded here and for that he is sorry. We don't know what's going to happen, but Dad's doing everything he can. The rest is up to me.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jack, Nov 2 2:12 pm

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '11 7:29pm PST 
I was at the vet again today for more tests and x-rays. My blood is being sent to Texas A&M for PTI and B12/6 deficiency (among others). My insides look OK, there's no string or such inside me and I'm looking good ... except I don't show much interest in eating. Dad thinks it may be my lack of drinking. The vet put some water in me and that helped a lot but Dad hasn't seen me drink much or eat much lately. We'll see what the tests say!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Jack, Nov 2 2:12 pm

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '11 4:40pm PST 
We're talking to the vet tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can bring him in tomorrow night for the fast necessary before the test. Even with the medicine I gave him yesterday, he's not eating much. I'm tossing more than he's eating now but he's asking for food. He's acting pretty normal, begging to go outside or to the garage and following me along everywhere. I take that to mean that he want's to live and isn't in pain.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Jack, Nov 2 2:12 pm

Purred: Sat Sep 24, '11 10:17pm PST 
Merlin,

I was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this year. When we did the follow up check a few months later, we dialed back my insulin since my blood sugar was so low. Then I started getting sick in the morning and the vet had took me off the juice. When I went in last week for my weight loss, the blood tests said I didn't need to go back on. We don't know what my problem is, but we do know it's not diabetes. Maybe my diabetes triggered my current problem directly or indirectly but it's not the primary cause.

We'll know more once I go in. I'm eating a little bit, enough to keep me going. I hope we'll find out what's wrong and that it can be taken care of quickly. Dad is really scared.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Jack, Nov 2 2:12 pm

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.