Postings by no name yet's Family

GO!

Cat Health > I have to find a place that will not kill 3 feral kittens

no name yet

puss gut

Purred: Wed Aug 15, '12 4:18pm PST 
all my present ferals are shotted and altered and I can not do anymore. My county has a ban on free roaming cats so i have to stay out of the spot light. I am already harrassed by animal services. I need advice asap and i have to have these 3 kittens placed.I live in pinellas county florida.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gypsy, Aug 17 7:57 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > TNR programs
maxine jean

pissy pants

Purred: Wed Oct 4, '06 12:56pm PST 
We have a lot of feral cats in our community... mommy called her city animal services to ask about a tnr program.... they were very positive that TNR programs would not not be advisable.... they told my mom that tnr causes death and injury to birds, small mammals and reptiles. also a big concern is zoonotic diseases......We do not have a no kill shelter and i am at wits end..... We have a trapping program...... we pay a 40 dollar deposit for a trap and animal services comes and picks them up after a cat is traped...plus we have a very strict rabie vaccination in place in our county. it is out of control.. I dont like the loud noises they make when they shut.{the traps}..... it is so unbearable im crying now...........t....... my heart just hurts over this knowing those cats will be put down.... i have 4 cats of our own and would not tolerate any more..... i am on disability and could never afford to even foster any cats,....-
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Clinton, Oct 5 2:25 pm

Behavior & Training > nursing off a neutured male

tj hopper

can i have a- word with you mr- hopper

Purred: Tue Oct 3, '06 10:31am PST 
well i wont worry about that. i tried to catch a kitten cause i have at least two homes for the new litter/.. mama cat grabbed my arm by her teeth and ouch............i have got to catch them now before it is too late..... the male cat has no problem with the nursing it just seems wierd.....i live in saint petersburg florida and our neighborhood is loaded with kittens everywhere. i recently caught 1 mama and her litter. i am keeping mama after the animal services calls me.... we do not have a no kill shelter so its heartbreaking to know this could of been avoided....people moved left female kitty behind now tons of kittend mean kittens...i am doing my best to collect them....thank you all so much you guys are the greatest...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by tj hopper, Oct 3 10:31 am

Behavior & Training > nursing off a neutured male

tj hopper

can i have a- word with you mr- hopper

Purred: Sun Oct 1, '06 4:15pm PST 
Craziest sight I have ever seen. I have an outside neutered male. A momma kitten had kittens but before they were fully weaned she got pregnant again.... {Shes a stray I cant catch}so the kittens were left. I find that the one little kitten is sucking on the neurtered male..they are quite older now but the kitty still sucks the males teats what can I do>? The mAle cat refuses to come in.....
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by tj hopper, Oct 3 10:31 am

Cat Health > Advice on giving Sub-Q Fluids

la la lucy

the sweetest- girl i eer knew.- i love her

Purred: Sat Apr 8, '06 3:41pm PST 
My mom got the news today I am in early stages of kidney failure.Mommy is so devastated... We lost our critter last year at 16 years old to renal disease. sub qs were traumatic. Mom is thinking of having a tube inserted in my neck to give subs q. mom says she had stroke due to critter and my other sister who died last year too. My love and prayers to all crfs and others. Maybe your vet will set up a payment plan like mine is.mom will do everything for me .until the time i tell her cause yes it is traumatic but committment is a 1 top of list
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Abbie, Apr 14 6:27 am

Behavior & Training > peeing on bed or couch when i leave her alone
maxine jean

pissy pants

Purred: Wed Nov 9, '05 10:25am PST 
health issues have all been ruled out. we recently moved to a house. but i pee no matter where we live..mom is going nuts. should mom put me in cage while she is gone?mom hates to have to resort to that.i only pee when mom leaves the house. im a really bad kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Button, Nov 12 1:51 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.