Postings by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 232: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '14 5:16pm PST 
Congratulations, Claude, From Stella, Fluff and Queenie!!!!!!!!!! applause way to go happy dance hamster dance party party
[notify]

» There has since been -42.2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > goodbye sweet girl
Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Sep 6, '14 10:57pm PST 
This is Delyte on the Rainbow Bridge. Your baby is here and is pain free and young again. She misses you terribly, but knows that you wouldn't want her to suffer. My person says the pain you are feeling will subside but never go away, but you should know that you were a wonderful person and you were so happy together.

She has a picture frame for me that says, "Thank you for everything, I had a wonderful time." That says it all. We had a wonderful life together.

All; of us here and my people and fursibs at home are purring for you. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Sep 8 12:39 am

Senior Cats > 22 year old cat starting to pee in the house

Stella

Purred: Fri Aug 15, '14 9:57am PST 
It's Stella. This is almost always a urinary tract problem. It hurts when he goes and he has no other way of telling you, so he goes where he knows you will find it so you will know something is wrong. If it was various spots or hidden spots, then it might be dementia or weakness of the bladder muscles. He might need to go on a special food that will not irritate his bladder. We are purring for you! Wow, 22 years old! smile wave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pablo, Aug 15 9:48 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lost in grief and consumed with guilt...

Purred: Mon Aug 11, '14 6:46pm PST 
This is Delyte. Today is my Gotcha day, 19 years since my person found me in a parking lot on the university campus. But it is also 13 months since she had to have me put to sleep because of several agonizing wasting illnesses. Despite my weakness, I fought the doctor and the drug and my death was a horrible experience for everyone, even the experienced vet staff. My person still thinks it was the right thing to do as I could not go on, as your Flo couldn't have gone on, but it is the hardest thing she had ever had to do. [She is much older than you and has had to deal with death of parents, relatives, close friends and several other dear pets, and this was the worst.]

She does have three other annoying other cats to console her and a dear boyfriend and other friends, but it has been so hard. There are a number of online and call in programs to help with your grief. Given your isolation, you should get in contact with someone soon.

Is there an animal shelter around you where you could volunteer and relate to other animals right now, without making a commitment to getting a new companion? It will happen, you will find another animal that has the same emotional resonance that you had with Flo, but it will take a while. And youy need to have some support during that time.

Rest assured that Flo is here on the Bridge with all of us and she misses you terribly too, but is so glad not to be in pain any more. As the others have said, she will send you another soul to be your companion again when the time is right. Giant purrs to you from all of us ... cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 19 10:15 am

Cat Health > Cat's legs clicking/popping

Stella

Purred: Sat Jul 19, '14 5:20pm PST 
It's Stella. Are you sure it's his *joints* you are hearing? If his claws are not trimmed, they will grow out like a dog's and click on bare floors when he walks. This happened to Delyte towards the end of his life, when our person felt sorry for him and didn't bother him to trim his claws. They grew into hard little circles that had to be professionally trimmed.

Purrs to you and your senior kitty! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 20 11:48 pm

Cat Health > Is EATING DRIED CATNIP dangerous for cats?
Stella

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '14 8:23pm PST 
It's Stella. It's okay for them to eat catnip, either dried or fresh. But usually we roll in it and make a mess beforehand. Maybe it is not very high quality catnip? Our person used to grow it fresh for us, which is what we liked the best. We had a plant growing in the yard but it looks like it did not survive our bad winter. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kashi, Jun 20 11:37 pm

Cat Health > Hyperthyroid Issue/Bad Reaction To Medication

Purred: Tue Jun 10, '14 10:48am PST 
This is Delyte. I was not able to tolerate any oral meds for hyperthyroid. I had the gel formulation that was rubbed on my ear and it worked for three years until my death. It's a little expensive but so much easier on the cat. Purrs to you and hope you feel better! cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Jun 11 4:18 am

Senior Cats > Do Cats Go Gray?

Purred: Sun Jun 8, '14 10:47pm PST 
This is Delyte. Not only do cats go grey or white--most noticeable on black cats like me--but they can develop white streaks where fur grows over a damaged area. I had a big white streak on my stomach from my surgery when I was ten years old. I also developed a white spot on my left side which was where the tumor was anchored inside my body to the abdominal wall. My person wishes she had taken closeup pictures of them before I went to the Bridge, where now my fur is jet black and young again. Purrs to you and many years of life ahead. cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Jun 8 10:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive and possibly Overprotective

Stella

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 10:34pm PST 
It's Stella. Can't really give you any advice because I do the same things! I hate the other two cats going near my person and I constantly cause fights and lash out. The others are bigger than me and can get out of my way, but it's not a nice environment to live in. This has been going on for years so it doesn't look as if we are going to mellow out. I am a little bit older and have some health issues so probably it will end with my departure to the Bridge. Some cats just have big and obnoxious personalities, I guess. thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

Cat Health > Kitty may have cancer-very scared
Stella

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 10:25pm PST 
It's Stella. We are so sorry that Mindy has been so sick and has had such a terrible diagnosis. It seems that lately many of our cat and dog friends have had sudden diagnoses of fatal illnesses. It is so painful for everyone.

One of the things you might try, if Mindy has recovered from her urinating blood and traumatic symptoms, is to have your regular vet give her some steroids. It won't solve anything permanently, but it may make her feel much better and give you more time to adjust to her journey. We have a friend with a similar diagnosis who got so much better that his person is convinced he is cured. That's unfortunately not true, but the kitty is having a good life for now.

We are all purring for you and know how terrible it is to make such decisions. hug wave
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mindy, Jul 7 1:21 am

(Page 1 of 232: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.