Postings by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 230: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Seeking some Guidance/Support
Queenie

I want it and I- WILL get it!

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 1:00pm PST 
It's Queenie. Our person has a sort of related problem. We live in a trailer, and at one time there were 4 of us. She never meant to have 4--we are only allowed to have 2--but she adopted me and my brother, Fluff, because our momcat died and it was Nov. No one would help her get us adopted until the spring and we were "too old" by then. Our oldest cat sib died last year, and it is the two of us and Stella, our older sister who was meant to be the only new cat. We don't all get along and Stella wants this to be a one cat house!

There is at least one no-kill shelter around here, but not much market for adult cats who are very ordinary looking. Our person is attached to all of us in her own way, but Fluff and I would be better off in a bigger house, and where we would get more attention.

At least if you give yours to your mother you would see them frequently. Our person has given up two cats in her life, and one was with her mother who adored the cat and she got to see him throughout his life when she visited there. Giving the other one to strangers was very hard and she still feels very guilty about that and it was nearly 30 years ago.

So you see there are people who have the same problems but haven't been able to solve them either. Not much help ... frown
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Mon 3:13 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New here and looking for support
Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '14 9:10pm PST 
This is Delyte. After a long life I went to the Bridge last year and my person is still missing me terribly, even though she has three other cats to pet and wait on. She and I had a special relationship--she saved my life when I was eight and had a horrible illness. I had another ten years of life with her and we were close. I know she is planning to get another black kitten soon, although you can never replace one cat with another. You, Austin, will live on at the Bridge and be rejoined with your person someday. But your person will eventually be able to have another relationship with a cat. Even while she feels her love for you, she will be able to love another kitty. My person is old, and I am her fifth kitty to go to the Bridge and we are all special and loved by her, but I know she can love another.

The pain is terrible at the beginning, especially if the death is relatively sudden as yours was. [I dwindled for a long time, and my passing was a relief from pain.] It does get better, but she will never forget you and you will not forget her. Some cats on the Bridge are said to make visits to their people; I've never done that, but she still remembers me,

Giant purrs to your sad person and hope that everything we on Catster say can help her with the pain. hug cat on moon welcome
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Sun 9:10 pm

Cat Health > I think my cat's pregnant!

Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '14 10:50am PST 
It's Stella. She is certainly not too young to get pregnant, We have had kittens as young as 5 mos. get pregnant, and have heard of one only 4 mos. About 6 mos. is the average age of pregnancy for a healthy cat who lives where male cats have access. And 6 mos. is not too young for a male, either.

It certainly sounds like your cat is pregnant and if the vet you are going to can't tell or isn't sure, get another vet. After the kittens are born and sent to new homes, check around for a charity that will do cheap spaying. There is always someone, although there may be a waiting list.

Purrs to you and the kittens! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mon 5:42 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Stella

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '14 10:32am PST 
It's Stella. Tambolina is home with her family! She is eating and all systems seem to be working. She is still into the terrified and looking for a hiding place mode, but she is being kept in a large dog kennel with lots of soft things to lay on and hide under, so perhaps she will calm down soon. And the dogs who were living with her at home are moving out for good at the end of the month, so things will be looking up even more. But let's all keep purring for her while she is still in pain and healing. Purrs!!! hug wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 11 10:32 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Stella

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '14 4:27pm PST 
It's Stella. Tambi came through her operation with flying colors!
She is resting comfortably at the vet's surgery, as they call it at the UK, and her person can go and see her tomorrow afternoon. She still needs lots of purrs, though, as the 24 hours after surgery are the second most dangerous time. But Jan is just so happy that she made it through and so grateful to any and all who helped with her surgery costs. Sadly, there is no NHS for cats in the UK.

Giant purrs from all of us for the beautiful Tambolina! hug wave cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been -43.2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Stella

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '14 11:01am PST 
It's Stella. Tambolina has made it through surgery, according to Jan's post on Granddad Conrad's Facebook page. It will be a painful recovery, due to having to have her chest opened, so let's all purr for the best recovery possible. Giant Gray purrs from us! hug wave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 11 10:32 am

Stella

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '14 10:48am PST 
It's Stella. Tomorrow our dear friend Tmabolina will be going to surgery for a complicated, life-threatening condition. My person does not know how to link to her page, but if everyone could pray and purr very hard for her, it would be great. Catster can do anything if only we all try. PURRS!!! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 11 10:32 am

Cat Health > Possible Tumor :(

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '14 10:56am PST 
This is Delyte. Normal is good!! I know it's hard to tell a cat this, but if you don't feel "normal" make sure to try to tell your person. Let's hope that you are feeling good and enjoying life. I don't want to see you up here for quite a long while! applause We are all purring for you. hug cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 5 10:56 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Stella

Purred: Fri Apr 4, '14 11:50am PST 
It's Stella. I just wanted to post that our dear Tambolina is going to have a serious operation on Tues. 4/8. She has a growth that needs to be removed and getting to it is major and delicate surgery. The vet decided that it can't wait any longer.

We will all be purring for her here, but our person is doing very badly and may not be able to post around that date so she wanted to make sure that you all knew. Jan and Tambi could use all the support that you can give. Giant purrs to everyone here, you are a wonderful bunch of people and cats.
[notify]

» There has since been -41.2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Kitten Corner > Now that I found the kittens, will the mom move them?
Stella

Purred: Fri Apr 4, '14 11:44am PST 
I(t's Stella. Keep putting food out for the momcat, When the kittens get older and can lick from a dish, you can give them and mom kitten milk replacement--KMR--you can buy it at any pet store or Wal-Mart. Also when the kittens have opened their eyes, pet them and touch them, so they get used to the presence and touch of humans. Good luck, we three feral rescues are all purring for you! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 4 11:44 am

(Page 1 of 230: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.