Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 61: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > The 'other' household pet passed away last night...
Summer - 5.30.02 - 10.19.12

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Sun Aug 23, '09 9:06am PST 
Thank you everycat for your purrs and well wishes. Momma is feeling much better. Pestilance did mourn for his brother for a few days but seems to be doing well now.

Nina we appreciate the offer of another pet rattie, but it isn't possible for Momma to take her. Pestilance is a boy.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 23 9:06 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > The 'other' household pet passed away last night...

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Wed Aug 12, '09 9:30am PST 
Mama is sad today. Don' worry, Pepper and I are fine, but Mama's pet rat, Plague, died through the night. She said he's been going for a few weeks now, and she knew it was coming, but she still is sad. He was very sick, but he was old. Mama knew last night was his last night because she says he was ok in the morning but REALLY went downhill by the time she got home from work. She feels a little better knowing he got one last piece of his favorite treat before Mama went to bed at 1am. She got up at 4:30 and checked on him and he was gone. Now she worries about his brother, Pestilance. They were litter mates and have never been apart! She's afraid he is going to be lonely. Mama cried a little bit this morning. I gave her kisses to make her feel better and she hugged me and petted me. I don't like when Mama is sad.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 23 9:06 am

Cat Health > I had a seizure

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Sat Jul 25, '09 8:07am PST 
When I had Winter, he used to seizure randomly every 6 to 8 months... the vet never foud out exactly why. He did blood work and brains scans and he said that a certain chemical in the brain (don't remember which one) was a little high and that it wouldn't cause harm, but would cause mild seizures if it elevated anymore. So when chemical x would rise a little, Winter would have a seizure. The vet said it was not severe enough to warrant medication unless the seizures ever got worse. Then we would have had to reevaluate. He never had anything quite as bad as what you described in your cat, but they were still quite scary for us.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 9 4:37 pm

Behavior & Training > Do you think it\'s the other cat or the dogs? Help!

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Thu Jul 23, '09 6:22am PST 
Sounds like your kitties are playing a wee bit rough when Mom's not looking...

so long as no one is getting hurt I would let it pan out and let the kitties handle it themselves.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 11:10 am

Cat Health > My young cat gave birth.

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Wed Jul 22, '09 8:40pm PST 
Wow, spays here in northern PA are about $125 for everything. Neuter is a lot less. I'm glad I didn't have to pay those prices!! the kittens are adorable.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 8:40 pm

Cat Health > How old is \"old\"?
Pepper

The not so- silent beggar

Purred: Wed Jul 22, '09 8:31pm PST 
I'm 12 and I'm still spry. A little tough to jump to those high spots now and then but otherwise just fine.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 2:44 am

Behavior & Training > Pregnancy and Cats

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Wed Jul 22, '09 8:28pm PST 
i never thought about the whole hormone and pheromone thing, but i bet that does have a great deal to do with it because my hormones have been all over the place the last few weeks as i get closer to the end. (i have noticed this due to certain physical changes in my own body.) i bet my cats are reacting to it. i guess i am lucky in saying i do not have a bathroom brigade on a normal basis. just lately.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 8:28 pm

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Wed Jul 22, '09 4:58am PST 
Snaps, that was hilarious!! I just pictured that in my head and started laughing.

I am assuming they know something is going on with Mommy. I haven't really changed their schedule at all. Pepper has, of course, noticed that there is MUCH less room on my lap, but other than that there have been no changes. As far as "baby sitters" I have no doubt both of them are going to be very fascinated by the newest addition to the family. I worry since neither of them have ever been around a baby, but we will just have to take it slow. No unsupervised "baby sitting". MOL>
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 8:28 pm

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Mon Jul 20, '09 8:13pm PST 
bump. no one has anything to say? cry
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 8:28 pm

Where's my- Daddy?!

Purred: Mon Jul 20, '09 5:29am PST 
This is more of an opinion question for those meowmies out there who have fur babies and skin babies... How did your cats react to you when you were pregnant?

I am 34 weeks pregnant right now and for the last two weeks my cats have been driving me up a wall. Suddenly they follow me EVERY WHERE. I haven't been able to pee or shower without supervision now for at least 4 weeks. Normally the cats do follow me around, but now they stick to me like white on rice. Pepper, who had always slept at the foot of the bed has now taken to sleeping directly back to back with me or by my belly. Summer hangs on me constantly wanting my attention and affection. The minute my feet hit the floor in the direction of the bathroom Pepper is right behind me. He could be in the deepest sleep but he ALWAYS knows when I am heading towards the potty. And he cries and scratches the door if I manage to ge there before him and shut him out. He NEVER used to do that until a few weeks ago!! My ctas used to be somewhat independant and could st least sleep in another room without me. Now its like they can't bear to be apart from me for more than 5 minutes. And Pepper has gotten SUPER talkative all of a sudden. But only with me. He chirps and mews and makes all kinds of noises to get my attention. It's been so weird... shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 8:28 pm

(Page 1 of 61: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.