Postings by Leaf's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 72: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > at my wits end.. I can\'t live like this anymore
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Thu Aug 27, '09 9:48am PST 
Oh Pepper! I feel your pain. We have been through this exact same situation with Leaf, peeing on sofas, dog beds, blankets, comforters. I have spent tons of money replacing things, buying gallons of nature's miracle, feliway, new dog beds (we've gone through about 6! I have put plastic on the sofas and beds, used black garbage bags around the sofa cushions (under a slip cover), bought new slip covers. The list goes on and on. Leaf has been to the vet many times for inappropriate peeing and they found no infection, no crystals, but they did notice his urine pH was off. I was in the same boat as you... I love him to death but how can I live like this?! We tried Buspirone anti-anxiety, which worked for a while, but then he decided he would NOT take it anymore. Now I think we have found the solution! Leaf is on a Rx diet to keep the pH of his urine just right and *knock on wood* things have been going really well since he has been on this new diet! He eats royal canin "urinary SO" formula and it seems to have done the trick. The vet has diagnosed him with FLUTD - feline lower urinary tract disorder, which is not infection, but just a slight imbalance in the urine.

You are not a bad person for feeling the way you do. I had friends and family tell me I should just lock him outside, or give him away, or even put him down, but I just couldn't bring myself to do any of those things. I hope you can find a solution. I know how tough it is!

hug
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 26 10:40 am

Behavior & Training > 5 am wake up call Please help!
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Sat Aug 22, '09 11:26am PST 
I should add that I used to just sleep on mom's legs all night and everyone was happy. Not sure why I started being so pesty!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Aug 30 8:09 pm

Behavior & Training > 5 am wake up call Please help!

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Sat Aug 22, '09 11:25am PST 
Hey everyone. I have been away from Catster for a while because Mom has been super busy, but we are having a problem and need your help!

I wake up Mom EVERY morning at 5 am sharp and she is really unhappy about this! Mom and Dad sleep on a loft, and I love to run up and down the ladder, and I also love that I can go up there whenever I please since there is no door on the loft. Every morning at 5:00 am on the minute, I start scratching the corner of the bed, (the bed is getting destroyed) meowing, and even scratching mom's feet under the covers. She gets really annoyed and has started keep a squirt bottle on her night stand to stop me from doing this. I hate being squirted, and I run down the ladder. I always come right back in a minute or 2 to wake her up again.

Mom thought it was because I ran out of food, so she bought me an auto feeder that she puts out before bed, so I always have lots of food to munch on at night. She says I am driving her crazy and she wants to put me in the basement at night so she can sleep. Dad thinks the basement is mean, but he doesn't care because I only bother Mom. Last night I started pestering her at 1 am and woke her up every single hour until she got up for work at 7.

This morning my brother Yoda was snuggled up with mom and I decided to attack him on the bed and wake up mom again! Then we run around the loft chasing eachother and climbing over Mom's head! Woohoo!

Any ideas besides putting me in the basement at night? It is tough since we live in a one room studio, with the only other room being the bathroom.

Thanks for any ideas!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Oliver, Aug 30 8:09 pm

Behavior & Training > HELP! Outsmarted by the cat. Really.

Yoda

Knocking stuff- off a shelf near- you!

Purred: Sat Aug 22, '09 11:12am PST 
Oh boy I can relate to this post! My cat Yoda goes through phases where he does this same thing and I don't know how to stop him! I sleep in a studio with a loft bedroom and he lets me know he is about to start knocking things over by meowing a few times really loud, and then it is like he is testing me. He will push something to the edge of a shelf, look at me, meow some more, and if I don't get up out of bed to stop him, SMASH! He starts breaking stuff! I often get up to find all kinds of things knocked on the floor. The only solution I have come to is to try and keep everything away in baskets or cabinets that he can't access. Keep your counters clear if possible! Good luck! shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Behr, Sep 6 5:54 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I have passed to the rainbow bridge...

Matilda

The Silent- Princess

Purred: Thu May 14, '09 2:19pm PST 
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and gifts. They brought tears to Mom's eyes. I know my family misses me so much, but they know they did all they could to keep me around as long as possible. Hooray for Catster and all the support here! cloud 9
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Oscar-Teaching Angels to Love, Jun 12 5:40 pm

Matilda

The Silent- Princess

Purred: Tue May 12, '09 5:33pm PST 
Thank you Willow for the wonderful wings you made me! I am really loving flying around and feeling like my young self again! XOXO
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Oscar-Teaching Angels to Love, Jun 12 5:40 pm

Matilda

The Silent- Princess

Purred: Wed May 6, '09 9:52am PST 
Mom had to make a tough decision Monday and I went to the rainbow bridge. I finally succumbed to CRF and hyperthyroid and had stopped eating and drinking. Mom is very sad but she knows she did what was best for me. I would love to get some wings but I don't know how. Can anyone help with that?
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Oscar-Teaching Angels to Love, Jun 12 5:40 pm

Cat Health > Lily has CRF. Diagnosed today. :(

Matilda

The Silent- Princess

Purred: Sun Dec 14, '08 12:50pm PST 
Hi Lily! Sorry to hear of you CRF diagnosis, but luckily it is a really manageable condition. I was diagnosed with it almost 2 years ago, and I am almost 20 years old and still going strong! Mom gives me the subcutaneous fluids (aka sub Q) a few times a week, and I also take a pill for my hyperthyroid. I have tried the Rx diets, but when you look at the ingredients they really are crap. I eat canned food like wellness and merricks and I am doing great. I also eat raw food once in a while too. Good luck and pmail me with any questions!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lily, April 2004-June 3, 2009, Dec 16 3:30 pm

Behavior & Training > please help- my cat has attacked me, though we\'re both \"ok\" now

Yoda

Knocking stuff- off a shelf near- you!

Purred: Fri Oct 24, '08 8:59pm PST 
I have been known to turn "Jekyll & Hyde" on my mom and just attack out of the blue. It has been pretty bad sometimes, which is weird because I am also the most snuggly, loving cat in the house. The only thing mom can think of to help deter this behavior is a small spray bottle or squirt gun. I hate getting squirted and know that I am doing something bad when I get squirted! Good Luck . . . we know this can be frustrating!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Diablo, Oct 30 7:39 am

Food & Nutrition > Good medium priced cat foods?
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:05pm PST 
I also recommend TOTW, but ideally I believe the diet should be mostly canned food. Canned has been great for all of us here. You could try to buy in cases if a discount is given for that. Our local pet store doesn't give case discounts unfortunately, but it is worth asking!
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by dino, Jan 3 12:08 am

(Page 1 of 72: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.