Postings by Jasmine's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Food & Nutrition > Wellness change?
Jasmine

Who says I'm not- a dog?!

Purred: Mon Jul 2, '12 6:09am PST 
I've been feeding Jasmine both the dry Wellness chicken Indoor cat, as well as a variety of the Wellness canned flavors. She has never been a picky eater and will eat pretty much any flavor, so I rotate her wet food. I was concerned that there could have been changes made to the formula regarding calories or something, because she is putting weight back on now that I took her off that one. Brownie is gorgeous... what does he eat?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 2 8:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness change?
Jasmine

Purred: Sun Jul 1, '12 10:31am PST 
I've been feeding my 5 year old Himalyan Wellness Indoor Health dry food (yellow bag) for the last 4 years. She had been doing very well on this combined with a variety of Wellness canned food. But, last month we noticed she is losing weight which we can't account for. She looks healthy, she is eating and playful. So I switched dry formulas to the Wellness Complete Health salmon and turkey formula (red bag) for the past 3 weeks, and now she is putting some weight back on. I'm somewhat relieved, although my question is, has anyone else who is feeding this formula noticed a change in it perhaps?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 2 8:13 pm

Himalayan > New here

Jasmine

Purred: Wed Aug 20, '08 3:59pm PST 
Hi, nice to meet you Morgan...big grin....but you might have to speak up a little if you want any Himmies here to hear ya.

Why are we whispering? Is everyone snoozing?.....eek
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 28 4:22 pm

Himalayan > How can I tell the difference?

Jasmine

Purred: Wed Aug 20, '08 3:49pm PST 
hamster dance
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Elliott, Jan 22 7:52 am

Himalayan > How can I tell the difference?

Jasmine

Purred: Tue Mar 4, '08 7:53am PST 
I'm not an expert, so I could be wrong....but I believe Himalayans are classed as Persians. The difference which sets them apart is the "Siamese" markings and coloring.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Elliott, Jan 22 7:52 am

Himalayan > Don\'t mind if I introduce myself....
Jasmine

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '07 5:56pm PST 
Hi Toby, I'm Jasmine....wave

Glad to see you here. Hopefully others will show up soon...cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gysmo, (Always in my heart), Dec 29 4:36 pm

Himalayan > Is she a Himalayan????

Jasmine

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 6:30pm PST 
Jasmine will be 2 years old this September, and her coat is still coming in. Her coat changed colors as she was growing. She started out with a very short coat, dark ears, nose, paws and tail. As she grew, her tail got lighter and she grew dark "boots" up higher on her legs. Her mask also grew larger over more of her face.

Only recently has her coat become longer and her tail has started to come back in dark again.

So, while I'm no expert, I'd say that it could take up to 2 years for the adult coat to fill out.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Garcia, Mar 16 10:30 am

Himalayan > Is she a Himalayan????

Jasmine

Purred: Fri Jul 13, '07 9:45am PST 
Hi Pye!...wave......These boards can be a a little slow, so I'll offer my untrained opinion. Your kitty is still very young, so her coat is just beginning to grow out. My Himmie does not have as long or thick of a coat as my Persians did. Your lovely baby looks like a Himalayan to me.... big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Garcia, Mar 16 10:30 am

Behavior & Training > no hissing and growling

Jasmine

Purred: Tue May 29, '07 11:08am PST 
Retsina~ you have no idea how grateful I am that she is so sweet! My post was out of curiousity in this behavior in cats in general, especially for outside cats, which she is not. I am concerned though, when I'm not around if she'd protect herself if ever need be since she doesn't seem to have that natural instinct at nearly 2 years of age. She is very outgoing and places herself in the middle of excitement...she has no fear. My Pug can get a bit rambunctious while playing, but her fursisters are both good natured pups who are supervised. Jasmine is my little angel, and she is NEVER placed in harms way....winksmile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jasmine, May 29 11:08 am

Behavior & Training > no hissing and growling
Jasmine

Purred: Mon May 28, '07 7:57am PST 
How common is it for a cat to NEVER hiss or growl? I've had other good natured cats before, but still certain things would provoke them occasionally.

I've never met one like Jasmine though and I'm beginning to wonder if it's strange. She's very alert and bright...but other cats can hiss or growl at her, dogs can jump on her and nip at her fur...kids can carry her all over... you can rub her tummy, she LOVES baths and being groomed...none of the usual triggers do it.

What provokes your cats....or NOT?...thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasmine, May 29 11:08 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.