Postings by Charlie Bear Nubbins's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Food & Nutrition > Anyone else struggle with Pica?
Louis

"Louie", it's- French!

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 10:16am PST 
Louis's middle name is "Kitten Pica". He will chew on and eat ANYTHING that is left on the floor or within his reach. Luckily he doesn't jump on anything but the big cat tree in the computer room, so it's not too difficult to keep things where he won't eat them. He used to have a red toy octopus, but now it is more of a red lump since he ate all of the legs.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Louis , Mar 9 10:16 am

Kitten Corner > Found very young kitten outside. BITES!
Sophie

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 8:07am PST 
We had to put my baby, Cubby, down last Saturday because they found cancer in her colon while trying to fix an anal prolapse. My fiance and I still cry every day and our home will never be the same without her.

Just a few days after losing Cubby we were going out to the grocery store and heard a squeek from under my car. It was a little baby kitten. I took her to the vet the next day and she estimated the kitten was between 4 and 5 weeks old. She is being kept apart from our other guys until she weighs enough to get dewormed and get her booboo earmites treated. Poor little girl.

ANYWAY! For the first few nights she snuggled me and purred like a motorboat. After she started figuring out how to run and go crazy, however, all she wants to do is bite. I've never had a kitten this young, so I've been assuming she will grow out of it. We still love her and we're not going to get rid of her for biting or anything.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a way we could teach her that biting is not acceptable, or if it's just something they do at her age and she will eventually stop?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bart. MISSING in New River, Mar 23 3:27 am

Cat Health > Blood IN the eye?

Cubby (RIP)

FEED ME!

Purred: Mon Dec 25, '06 3:49pm PST 
I just wanted to let everyone know that Cubby's eye seems to have cleared up completely on it's own. We are still taking her to see the vet tomorrow, just to be sure.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 25 4:14 pm

Cubby (RIP)

FEED ME!

Purred: Sat Dec 23, '06 7:58pm PST 
DeeJay, the picture looks far more severe than what Cubby has, but the bleeding in the eye or whatever looks kind of like that.

We're going to see what we can do about it, but tomorrow being Christmas Eve we doubt we can get her out to see anyone. I wish the ER vet made it sound more serious. I feel like I made it worse by not finding someone to help me get her to the ER vet today. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 25 4:14 pm

Cubby (RIP)

FEED ME!

Purred: Sat Dec 23, '06 12:35pm PST 
The ER vet called me and said it sounds like Cubby will be fine until Tuesday (when our real vet reopens after holiday). She is concerned considering Cubby has had problems with this eye before and one of her littermates is blind in one eye, but she assured me that she will be okay. I'm not sure if this makes me feel better or not, considering that she didn't see Cubby (just heard me explain what her eye looks like and that she's acting normal).
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 25 4:14 pm

Cubby (RIP)

FEED ME!

Purred: Sat Dec 23, '06 9:13am PST 
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/dollz0rz/cubbyeye.jpg

I took a picture of her, but I had to lighten it (I couldn't use flash because I needed her eye open). Now that I got that picture I can safely say it hasn't spread since we first noticed it. It must've been the lighting in the kitchen.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 25 4:14 pm

Cubby (RIP)

FEED ME!

Purred: Sat Dec 23, '06 8:59am PST 
Thank you Hunter. I would take her to the ER right away but I don't drive, and her daddy just left for work and his phone isn't on. frown

Hopefully I can reach someone soon who could give us a ride.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 25 4:14 pm

Cubby (RIP)

FEED ME!

Purred: Sat Dec 23, '06 8:51am PST 
Yesterday morning my boyfriend noticed that Cubby's eye was kind of cloudy on the bottom half, but it was a burnt orange bloody colored cloudy. She is acting normal and she doesn't care if we touch her face near the eye, so we figured it wasn't a big deal. We called the vet anyway but no one is open this weekend because of the holidays. Just now, I looked at her eye again and it looks like the cloudiness is spreading in her eye.

Does anyone know what this could be? I left a messege at an emergency vet but they haven't called me back yet. I'm really worried about her. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 25 4:14 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > TEENY kittens living under a dumpster...What do I do?

Madeline

OMG...OMG...OMG.- ..BALL!!!

Purred: Thu Nov 23, '06 2:42pm PST 
It's raining very hard here today, so all of the babies have been hiding and we haven't been able to catch any of them. We're going to try again tomorrow.

As far as the "hunting bait" goes, I'm assuming he ment for bigger animals like bear or something. We live very very close to some extremely woody areas where people can get permits to hunt bear and the like. I dont see why they'd want to eat a kitten, but some people are just sick. I just hope we can get them first. I saw a trap out there today and I'm pretty sure that guy put it there...so we took it.

I have gotten a few catmails from others who want to help, but nothing has panned out yet. No shelters are willing to help us at all so it's looking like it's all on me.

I'll update you all on this tomorrow. I'm sure we will be able to help at least some of these kittens, hopefully all.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rits 2/2004 - 9/6/14, Nov 27 6:48 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > TEENY kittens living under a dumpster...What do I do?
Madeline

OMG...OMG...OMG.- ..BALL!!!

Purred: Wed Nov 22, '06 10:16pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestions and advice, everyone. One of the kittens got ran over earlier today, but we have seen quite a few others that we can (hopefully) still help. I overheard a man who lives in another building in my apartment complex say he's going to try to catch them so his brother can use them for "hunting bait".

We're going to try our best to help them out or get someone out here who can. I called the MSPCA in Springfield, and the number doesn't work. I called a place in Worcester, too, and the lady there told me to contact our town's dog officer via the police, which I did. No one picked up at the number as there was some weird machine saying they screen calls *eyeroll*.

I will be sure to keep you all updated on these little furbabies.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Rits 2/2004 - 9/6/14, Nov 27 6:48 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.