Postings by Griffin's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Get Well Soon > The Get Well Purr List
Griffin

Where's the- 'nip?

Purred: Thu Nov 5, '09 1:48pm PST 
Could you please send a few purrs to my cousin Ariel? She was dragging her back end, and left hind paw in particular, Monday so away to the vet we went. She was too constipated to really do much other than blood work and determine that she has a heart murmur (she will have an ultrasound when mommy takes Kiki back) so she had an enema and then laxatone. She went a little yesterday but last night she had massive diarrhea. So now her bottom is very sore and a little bloody and she just doesn't feel well. Also, mom says she would appreciate a few purrs for me to stop spraying so I can be taken off of the elavil...

Purrs for all of the other sick kitties...

Kiki, Griffin, Shea, and Ariel (and Cassie Sue and Sam Gibbs too)
[notify]

» There has since been 739 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

Behavior & Training > I am sad, but don't think I have a choice
Griffin

Where's the- 'nip?

Purred: Mon Oct 26, '09 9:44am PST 
If you are not sure what medicine you had in the past, you should consider the amitryptoline (elavil). I have been on it for months, ever since I started spraying. It has helped but not eliminated the problem. Mom just puts in on my ear. Mom also mentioned something about diapers last night. We aren't sure if they even exist, would stay on or would work but it is something that bears exploring...
[notify]

» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by , Jun 21 1:40 am

Food & Nutrition > How much do you spend on food?

Kiki

If I like you, I- will let you- live

Purred: Thu Sep 24, '09 6:21am PST 
I don't think we are quite ready to go raw but I love the idea...Shea of course would like to live on Spaulding's donuts but Mom says no (he mauled mom the last time she got some)

We spend about $50/month on food for 4 cats...I think a 20lb bag of Orijen is $45 or so and that lasts just about a month. We don't get a lot of wet because Griffin is a puker but we do get treats every night after medicine...mom just uses another dry food as treats so it is cheaper.

We also spend about $20/month to feed some outdoor kitty visitors...

When you say you spend about $1.50/lb on raw what are you buying? Does that include weight with bones? I can't find anything for less than $1.99/lb without bones (chicken breast and pork loin)...
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Sep 26 10:00 pm

Kiki

Purred: Wed Jul 8, '09 8:23am PST 
We are purring hard for all of the sick kitties out there!
[notify]

» There has since been 1446 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > URGENT HELP NEEDED -- FIV positive Feral in KY

Kiki

Purred: Tue Jun 2, '09 7:24am PST 
He is 3-4 years old. Which is quite a bit older than the 6 months that I thought he was. He has also apparently had a broken leg in the past that healed rather well...I left him at the vet last night to further recover and because he has an ear infection and I think he may have calmed down a bit...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Babydoll, Jun 3 6:59 pm

Kiki

Purred: Mon Jun 1, '09 8:54am PST 
I know this isn't exactly the right place for this post but I am desperate. I trapped a little black kitty this morning and took him to get neutered. He has tested positive for FIV. I can't keep him and now I can't release him like I had planned. He's pretty wild. Does anyone know of a sanctuary in or near Kentucky that might take him? Or perhaps a KY owner of FIV+ kitties who might take him? Please Pmail me if you do.

Apologies for improperly postingfrown
[notify]

» There has since been 1627 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > URGENT HELP NEEDED -- FIV positive Feral in KY

Griffin

Where's the- 'nip?

Purred: Mon Jun 1, '09 8:50am PST 
I am desperately trying to find a sanctuary in or near KY to take a little black kitty I trapped who has tested positive for FIV. I went ahead and had him neutered in the hopes that I can find him a place to go. He is pretty wild and I have 4 kitties so I can't take him. Can anyone help?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Babydoll, Jun 3 6:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > Nutro Warning

Kiki

Purred: Tue Apr 28, '09 12:24pm PST 
Hi everyone! The FDA called meowmy back and told her that Nutro was not the subject of an investigation. If anyone else wants to call, the number is 240-276-9370...
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Khina, May 22 1:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > Nutro Warning

Kiki

Purred: Wed Apr 22, '09 1:54pm PST 
Mom is very disturbed about this especially considering we just got a new big ole bag of food yesterda. She placed a call to the FDA and hopefully will get a return call and let you all know what is up. We will be getting an alternative food until she gets a call back.

Kiki's mom:

Just a word of caution before you throw food out. A very popular reason to deny FOIA or open records requests is to cite an ongoing investigation. That does not mean that there is a problem. I take care of a lot of open records requests and any time there is any kind of investigation, even if we have reason to believe there is no problem, we will not release the documents until the investigation is formally concluded.

I would also mention that Nutro does have a very strong statement that it is not being investigated by the FDA and that it has confirmed this with the FDA. While I prefer to do the confirmation on my own, such a statement would open the doors wide open for liability and punitive damages if they are not true.

That being said, I am not willing to take the risk until I can get confirmation from the FDA that they are not investigating or that there is not a problem. If I hear back, I will let everyone know...
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Khina, May 22 1:27 pm

Kiki

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 11:50am PST 
Purring hard for Shep to make a peaceful journey. He fought so hard and his family loves him very much....

Purring for all the other sick kitties and for Belle's family...

Kiki, Griffin, Shea, and Ariel cry
[notify]

» There has since been 1991 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.