Postings by Ferdie May 1996 - 7 June 2014's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Ferdie May- 1996 - 7 June 2014

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Mon May 6, '13 4:14am PST 
Thank you for setting up the new thread and for keeping me on the list. We are all purring like mad for all the poorly ones.
Love and purrs, Ferdie, Isobel and Harriet
[notify]

» There has since been 383 posts. Last posting by Paisley, Aug 9 1:46 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Mon Jun 4, '12 8:07am PST 
I've been having acupuncture and it really makes me feel nice! I'm 16, and I have arthritis quite badly in my legs, and last year I had a thyroid operation which has made me a bit slow and cold, so Mum thought we could try acupuncture. We found a really nice vet and I've been five times now. I sit quietly on the table with all the needles in, then chat to Mum all the way back in the car about how I feel. Not pain free but full of endorphins, whatever they are! I recommend it. We're all purring for the poorly ones here.
[notify]

» There has since been -19105.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Sun Jan 1, '12 9:52am PST 
We've already seen 2012 in here in England so we wish you all a very happy 2012 and let us all make a resolution to purr and purr and purr for all those in need this year. Your purrs have helped us through losing Titus and my hyperthyroid 'adventure' and we will give back all the purrs we can in this lovely new year! Love from Ferdie, Isobel and Harriet in England, and Benjamin, Rufus and Titus at the Bridge.xxxxxxppppppprrrrrrrrrr
[notify]

» There has since been -18633.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Wed Aug 17, '11 4:13pm PST 
Thank you for all those purrs, everyone! I'm home from the vet's after my operation. They found one very enlarged thyroid gland but no sign of the other one at all, so the big one was removed and hopefully that will do the trick. There is, of course, a chance that the other one might become overactive and we'll have to do it all again, but tonight I'm home without even any stitches - and NO MORE PILLS. I've been shaved and painted yellow so Mum says I look like a corn-fed chicken, but I'm so glad to be here.
We're all purring very hard for all the poorly ones. Love from Ferdie and family
[notify]

» There has since been -18113.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Tue Aug 16, '11 10:31am PST 
Poor Bruce. Several years ago Mum had a cat called Joss who broke his kneecaps, spontaneously, one after the other. They probably hadn't grown correctly. He had to spend several weeks in the cage. Mum was working, so he was in the cage all day, and visited by a neighbour during the day. When Mum came home there was no sign of activity in the cage all day, but as soon as she was there he would cry and scratch and fuss to be let out. He was wearing a splint. Mum would let him out but she worried all the time about what he was doing, and she realised that she just had to be firm and leave him in the cage in a room by himself, or he was going to do himself another mischief. When he couldn't see or hear her he was calm and got lots of rest and in the end he mended very well. It's terribly hard, but it really does have to be done.
I am in a cage today, at the vets; my liver scan was clear (hooray!) so the vet went ahead and removed my enlarged thyroid gland yesterday. The other one was nowhere to be seen to we hope it doesn't become overactive too. The nurse told Mum that I am eating well and "doing all the things I should" - not sure I want strangers discussing that sort of thing! But I'm going home tomorrow. Thank you all for your purrs! Purrs for Bruce and all in need, Ferdie
[notify]

» There has since been -18092.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Tue Jul 12, '11 5:09pm PST 
I'm still up and down with my thyroid levels; I really hate my pills and am waiting for a decision about surgery or radioactive Iodine.

Please also spare a few purrs for our lovely neighbour Hoscar - not on Catster but he's an elderly orange Maine Coon and he's feeling battered and bruised after being attacked by another neighbour's two Jack Russells. Our Mum is upset because she knows the dogs and is fond of them, but she had to wade in and rescue Hoscar and she thinks they would have killed him. Also Hoscar showed his thanks by biting her rather hard, poor old man. Our thanks and purrs for all the poorly ones and sad and worried families.
[notify]

» There has since been -17877.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Titus 1 July- 10 - 12 June 11

Leg climber

Purred: Mon May 30, '11 11:29am PST 
Plain white fish was good for Titus, too.
I hope you can find something for him.
[notify]

» There has since been -17649.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Titus 1 July- 10 - 12 June 11

Leg climber

Purred: Mon May 30, '11 5:50am PST 
Hello, Patch's Mum! We're in the UK too. Just to say that when Titus was smaller he had a runny tummy problem - not as bad as Patch's, but still a constant problem - and it seemed that Whiskas and Felix were just too rich for him. The Vet nurse suggested Tesco's own pouches, which she gave to her own cat who also found the others too rich, so Titus has been eating them (plus Royal Canin dried) since and has had no problem with the jelly variety (the gravy variety upset him a little). And they're half the price!
Love and purrs to all the poorly ones from Ferdie, Isobel, Harriet and Titus
[notify]

» There has since been -17642.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Wed Apr 27, '11 3:13pm PST 
Boxie Brown; such a handsome fellow, such a cool name, such a caring keeper of the list. We love you and are purring like mad for you and your loving person. Ferdie, Isobel, Harriet, Titus, Rufus and Benjamin
[notify]

» There has since been -17434.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Mrs Fishcake

Purred: Thu Apr 14, '11 10:46am PST 
Purring for all the poorly ones, and the ones who have left us, and their sad families.
I have had another blood test for my hyperthyroidism - the levels have gone up again and my liver values are still a bit high so we need to increase the dose for a little while and test again. I'm lively and loving the spring weather, though! I'm just rather naughty about the whole pill thing, and I'm looking forward to a couple of days with a cat sitter coming in next week when Mum's away, as I can usually cause real trouble then!
[notify]

» There has since been -17291.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.