GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Cat Health > Vaginal Bloody Discharge
Phoenix

Ankle Biter- Extraordinaire!

Purred: Tue Dec 30, '08 11:59am PST 
Hello fellow Casters!! wave

Forgive me for my lack of technical terms but I know no other way to describe it...

Just recently, for about the past week, my cat Phoenix has been having a discharge from her vagina. At first it was was just like an offwhite milky substance that kind of boogered up on her behind.

This morning she was laying on a towel and I notice the subtance was red as if mixed with blood.

The first thing I thought of was she may be in heat. But..she has been in heat before (she is not spayed) and never had and discharge at all. Also, her abdomen seems full and hard as if she's eaten alot. She cannot be pregnant because she is strictly indoors and has no contact with any male cats at all.

I have a vet appointment tomorrow morning but I am just wondering if anybody has experienced this before and what was the outcome. I want to be prepared with questions and concerns for our appointment tomorrow.

*purrs and headbonks*

Michelle and Phoenix
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 9:01 am

Cat Health > Animal Chiropractic
Shadow

I've a right to- Grouchiness!!!

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '07 9:21am PST 
Thank you efurrybody for your responses. I am definitely thinking about taking Shadow to the Licensed AVCA DC but am still skeptical. I am going to take her to her bi-annual exam at her regulary vet soon and get their feedback first. I have already talked to the DC and he says he deals mainly with horses, livestock, and dogs....rarely with cats though having two cats of his own. That makes me nervous. I would prefer him to tell me something like, "Oh yeah, I adjust cats all the time." That would make me feel so much better... well I will keep updating with new info as I go.

Thanks again all for your input. It is more valuable than you think!

*purrs and headbonks*

Michelle with Shadow
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Nov 29 9:21 am

Cat Health > Animal Chiropractic

Shadow

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '07 1:47pm PST 
My little Shadow suffers from feline epilepsy in which she experiences gran mal seizures. She is currently taking phenobarbitol 2x per day to keep the episodes at bay. At least once a month ,if not more, she has what are called "break through" seizures. I am concerned because it seems with every seizure she goes through her temperment changes to a less than friendly kitty. I'm sure it's because she is physically exhausted and probably sore from her seizures.

I have recently become interested in chiropractic for animals and am looking into it as a holistic treatment for Shadow. I have heard good things and bad. There is one vet in our area who is a DC (Doctor of Chiropractic) and licenced by the ACVA (American Chiropractic Veterinary Assoc.) He treats humans and animals. One day a week he practices with animals mostly working with horses and livestock. He has treated cats before but not regularly.

Has anybody experienced animal chiropractic before? If so, what was your experience? What should I be aware of before seeking out a chiropractor for my precious Shadow?

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Nov 29 9:21 am

Behavior & Training > Need advice on training a deaf cat

Deuce

Deaf-initely- Cool!

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 11:33am PST 
Don't be discouraged fellow deaf kitty. I myself am deaf as well. When mommy first rescued me she knew that I would be a handfull. That was about 4 years ago and to this day I still continue to prove her right. Us deaf kitties are special so we need an extra special human with lots of patience to be able to handle us. It took mommy AT LEAST a year to train me. When I am doing something wrong she does this thing where she stares at me and shakes her head. I usually get the point but if that doesn't work and I continue doing whatever it is I am doing she will stand herself squarely in my direction and point at me sharply. This always works. I normally run like the wind when she does this. Like I said it took a long time for me to figure it out but patience is key here.

Please don't get discouraged. You will eventually figure out a body sign that works for you. Keep with it and good luck!

*purrs and headbonks*

Deuce
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Liberty, Dec 30 5:09 pm

Laws & Legislation > Terrible Myspace Video

Phoenix

Purred: Mon Aug 13, '07 11:38am PST 
I got the same thing.... ? shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Elisabeth Ann, Aug 13 12:36 pm

Get Well Soon > The Get Well Purr List
Shadow

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 3:22pm PST 
Skyyler (330831) is in need of serious purring. He has been attacked by the seizure monster (feline epilepsy) quite frequently lately and is having trouble recovering. Please keep him in your prayers!!

hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 6168 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

Get Well Soon > AMELIA needs our purrs

Phoenix

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '07 11:37am PST 
We are prayin' for you Amelia!!!
hughughughughughughughughughughughughug

*purrs and headbonks*
The Red, White, and Blue
Phoenix, Deuce, and Shadow
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Leo, Aug 12 12:55 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > We'll Miss You Jules Vern Group - Go Now

Deuce

Deaf-initely- Cool!

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '07 11:04am PST 
Laura - I am sorry that you lost your little Jules but just remember that you are more together now than you ever were. Jules will be with you everywhere you go now. He's watching over you with his little kitty wings and little kitty halo. Thanks for being such a loving and caring human for such wonderful kitty. We will all surely miss him.

Jules - Thanks for befriending us and playing with us all the time. We always looked forward to you and your Catster Fun posts. Although we will miss you, we are happy that you are in a better place. You behave up there. Have fun playing your games. We'll see you again someday.

*purrs and headbonks*

Deuce, Shadow, Phoenix and mommy Michelle

hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Oscar, Jul 19 8:16 pm

Cat of the Day & Week > JULES VERNE IS COTD!

Deuce

Deaf-initely- Cool!

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '07 6:58am PST 
Yay Jules!!! What a great honor!! applauseapplauseapplause

We sure are going to miss you... but we'll see you again someday..

Have a great journey! wave

*purrs and headbonks*

Deuce
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Munky, Jul 18 4:48 pm

Get Well Soon > Jules Vern - purr group right now
Deuce

Deaf-initely- Cool!

Purred: Tue Jul 17, '07 9:38am PST 
Jules, you are a great cat to be sure!! Please get better... but if you can't we know that we will see you again someday. I am sure that there are many wonderful games at the Rainbow Bridge that we can play there together. We sure will miss you if you have to go... we are praying for you and your family.

*purrs and headbonks*

Deuce, Shadow, and Phoenix
[notify]

» There has since been 133 posts. Last posting by ♥ Molly ♥, Jul 19 8:27 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.