Postings by My Family

GO!

Senior Cats > Hyperthyroidism for my Rambo

Rambo

President of the- I\\\'m not bad- luck cl

Purred: Wed Nov 30, '11 7:58am PST 
My 12 year old cat,Rambo, was just diagnosised with a hyperthyroid. I just started his medication today - a transdermal gel applied to his inner ear - twice a day.

The surprising thing is that I would have never known he had a problem because he really had no symptoms that i caught. I brought him in for a check up because i have been controlling his weight - 7 years ago he was 19lbs he is now 10lbs - so not to quick for him, but my cousin stated he seemed boney.
Poor kitty - so glad i took him to the vet.

Anyone else have a kitty with this condition?kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 11:02 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Automatic Kittly Litter Boxes
Georgie Girl

Georgie queen of- the world

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '11 8:43am PST 
I have 1 automatic kitty litter box - it is the kind that has the tray of blue crystals rather than clumping kitty litter in it. It works ok but does recommend a good automatic kitty litter box that uses the clumping litter?
I have 2 kitties and sometimes i get so busy I forget to clean them as often as i should.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 19 7:59 pm

Cat Health > Drinking alot of water - Dad working in the basement with Drywall?

Georgie Girl

Purred: Mon May 22, '06 4:42pm PST 
Thanks- I wasn't sure if there was some type of "normal"amount that cats generally drink daily.
I have been searching the net but can't find anything.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 24 4:01 pm

Cat Health > Drinking alot of water - Dad working in the basement with Drywall?

Georgie Girl

Purred: Mon May 22, '06 4:00pm PST 
Has anyone ever had the experience where their kitty started to drink alot more water when you are renovating your home with drywall? We are working on our basement and I have noticed that Georgie is very thirsty (although our other kitty Rambo isn't). They both stay upstairs most of the day.
And before you ask she has gone to the vet and got a complete physical and blood work checking for diabetes.
How much water should a kitty drink daily?
Is the drywall dust dangerous to the kitties?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , May 24 4:01 pm

Cat Health > How big?

Georgie Girl

Purred: Mon May 22, '06 3:48pm PST 
My georgie wasn't even 1 lb when she was 8 weeks old. She is now 12 lbs. very healthy and active.
Just get regular vet check ups and old feed your kitty the best cat food there is - ie first ingredient is not a by product but real chicken or liver etc...
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , May 28 3:44 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.