Postings by Kitiara * at the Rainbow Brid's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Other Meows & Purrs > Halloween Bash 07 Winners
Kitiara *- at the- Rainbow Brid

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Tue Nov 6, '07 7:34pm PST 
Catgratulations winners! We are trying to find Shay, to give her her gifty, but when we put her information in, we get a............GASP............dog! Shay, if you read this, please post or p-mail me.

~Kit~
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kitiara * at the Rainbow Brid, Nov 6 7:34 pm

Catster Railroad > The Catster Railroad

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Sun Aug 19, '07 8:13am PST 
We are in Salt Lake City, Utah. wave Mom can transport 3-4 hours in any direction. Usually only weekends/holidays unless advanced notice. cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Fiona Elizabeth, Aug 27 5:05 am

Cat Health > Realy Good Article about Cat Health and Vet Costs

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 10:52am PST 
Saving My Cat: Why No Price Was Too High To Pay

We read this really terrific article on the internet. While we realize that not everyone can make the same choices, we thought it was good to learn about this man and his beloved kitty.

Here is just an excerpt from the article that will appear in the next edition of Newsweek magazine:

Saving My Cat: Why No Price Was Too High
It's often said that you can't put a price on life. But what happens when it's the life of a beloved pet?

July 30, 2007 issue - I recently paid $11,000 in veterinary bills for my cat, Fritz. I've been hesitant to tell friends about this expenditure, which I know seems extravagant. But after hearing a radio financial guru answer questions from two callers about tapping their 401(k) accounts for veterinary bills, I realized I am not alone.

I knew about soaring human medical costs from the college course I teach on health-care policy. But I was not fully aware of how the same wonderful but costly technologies for prolonging human life are also revolutionizing veterinary care. American pet guardians spend more than $20 billion annually on health care for their furry pals. Our pets now have access to many of the same restorative medical treatments as do humans. Dogs with ticker problems may qualify for a $3,000 pacemaker. A guardian of a cat with renal failure may opt for a feline kidney transplant, at about $8,000.

The question is, how far down the road of high-tech vet care would our pets want us to take them? Humans understand that medical treatments enhance and prolong life. But would our pets, having no concept of death, want to endure the same medical procedures that most humans would choose? I had to act as if I knew.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jul 26 3:23 am

Cat Health > Help My cat Seems Paralyzed

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 10:33am PST 
Oh yes, please get him some medical attention asap. He could be having seizures, or many other ailments. We have our paws crossed that your sweet kitty will be ok. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Moki, Aug 5 9:54 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Springfield, Ohio Momma and Kitty Babies need a Happy Ending

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Mon Jul 9, '07 8:17pm PST 
Oh CC, you did a wonderful job with your babies, they are absolutely adorable. We have our paws crossed that they, and you, get a wonderful furever home. hug A special thank you to kind people who took you in while your babies are growing.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kitiara * at the Rainbow Brid, Jul 9 8:17 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > CINDY AND HER BABIES HAVE BEEN SAVED!!

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Sat Jul 7, '07 10:44pm PST 
This is such a heartwarming story. We are so very thankful that people like Cindy's angels exist. It gives us hope for this world we live in. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 12:18 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Anyone can save Cindy and her babies?

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Tue Jul 3, '07 9:28pm PST 
Cindy, you are such a lovely sweetheart. I hope you and your babies find furever homes. We are sending special prayers that someone will be able to help all of you out. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Biscuit (Angel), Jul 7 8:38 am

Grooming > Mats, Old Age and Hypothermia

Midget *At- Rainbow- Bridge*

Tiny bundle of- flying fur

Purred: Sat Jun 30, '07 3:58pm PST 
Thanks, Riddick and mom! Great information. We will look for a groomer that specializes in cats. I have cut off some of her worst mats with scissors, but only the top portion as not to get close to her skin. But each day she seems to have more and more of them. I dont know if cats sweat or if she just is getting worse and worse about cleaning. I do appreciate your thoughts and your time.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Riddick, Jul 1 12:24 pm

Behavior & Training > "Soft surface" urination

A Sweet Little- Lady

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '07 4:19pm PST 
Thanks to all the kitties who have posted on this subject. I am 19 years old and I keep peeing on my mom's bed. I do it in one of two spots. I don't do it all the time, and I'm not sure what causes me to do it. I think mom is going to try some of the solutions mentioned here. I don't like her to be made at me. I'm a real good kitty most of the time. kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Tosca Biscotti, Jul 21 7:37 pm

Grooming > Mats, Old Age and Hypothermia
Midget *At- Rainbow- Bridge*

Tiny bundle of- flying fur

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '07 4:03pm PST 
Middy's mom here: Middy is 16 years old. She is a tabby and has medium length hair. She lives outside for the most part and of course loves rolling in the dirt. She used to be a great self-groomer, but as she has gotten older this isn't the case any longer. She is getting terribly matted. We went to Petsmart to check to see if they could shave her. They said that they do not do cats of her age, because she could likely go into hypothermia when they bathed her. They cautioned us about doing this on our own, as well, for the same reason, and not to try cutting her hair because her skin will be very fragile and the likely hood of us cutting her was high. I'm now a bit frightened to try to handle her mats. Has anyone heard of this before? I'm afraid she is going to be one wild ball of tangled mess if I can't figure out something. (Note: I do have a furminator, but it warns against using on tangles, etc. I'd be interested in any thought in using it as well).

Thank you.

~Middy's mom (Maria) ~
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Riddick, Jul 1 12:24 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.