Postings by QUINCY's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Not a good day for the Kitties
Lucy

I'm an angel now

Purred: Thu Dec 8, '11 5:11pm PST 
I was a kitty who lived at the Kindred Kitties adoption center in Kenosha, WI. I was a manx kitty who had a condition called Megacolon, which meant I needed medication to make me go poo. This basically made me unadoptable - but I was a happy kitty living where I was. This morning they found I had gone to the bridge when they came to the center to clean. I was 6 years old. As if that wasn't bad enough, another kitty that was in foster named Hunter also went to the bridge overnight. He was a big kitty, and may have has a heart attack. He was also a younger cat. Since things happen in threes sometimes, another beloved kitty had to be sent to the bridge today. He started out as a baby kitten in foster with the President of the rescue. Her best friend adopted him, and loved him more than anything. He stopped playing and wasn't himself for about a week. He went to the vet this morning, and his blood count was so low that the vet didn't know how he was still alive. His name was Taz and he was only a year and 5 mos. old. Rest in Peace sweet kitties, and we will see you someday at the bridge. rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Dec 8 6:40 pm

Kitten Corner > Weaning orphaned kittens - Help?
QUINCY

I've never met a- kitten I didn't- like

Purred: Fri Apr 29, '11 10:18am PST 
Four weeks is about the absolute YOUNGEST kittens will eat solid food. Most turn their noses up at it at first, so you need to keep trying. If you haven't done so yet, open their little mouths and put in some can food. Keep repeating this everytime you feed them. Also, sometimes they like the food but don't get the hang of eating out of the dish. I will feed them off my finger and then gradually lower my finger in the dish so they get the hint. Also, sometimes it helps to "fluff" the food back up when they smash it down while eating. It's easier for them to take bites if its kinda mounded up. Good Luck!!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lost Boy Nibs, Apr 29 3:59 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Blackie, my ' feline nephew' passed today

Charlie (RIP- 5/6/09 - 1/19/11)

Purred: Fri Jan 28, '11 8:16am PST 
Since I just went to the Bridge myself, tell Blackie I will find him and we can explore together. None of us wanted to leave our beloved people, and we thank our people for having the love and strength to recognize our time was done and to help us to the Bridge. May love and memories comfort you and all of Blackie's family.
cloud 9hug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Jan 28 9:44 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Charlie passed yesterday from Leukemia

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 4:08pm PST 
Here is my memorial on Facebook:

Charlie mattered
.by Gina Grone on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 8:22pm.

A year and a half ago, I drove a kitten named Charlie to Illinois so he could go to a rescue that would take care of him. He had tested positive for feline leukemia, and those kitties are very hard to get adopted. We had very few options for him.

Between myself, my friend Stacie and my new friend Donna Birch, we found him the perfect home with two wonderful ladies who weren't afraid to take on a cat with feline leukemia. They already had a fe-leuk cat, and he and Charlie became fast friends.

Charlie lived an extraordinarily happy life until yesterday, when he died from his condition. His adopters say their lives were better for having him with them, even for such a short time.

A lot of people thought I was a little nuts and wondered why I would go so far to save a cat... Well, I know people who have driven farther and longer to see a concert or a game or to go shopping, because it gave them pleasure and made them happy.

You know what? Saving Charlie made me happy. He mattered, and he deserved every effort that was made for him.

Love you, Charlie. You got your wings yesterday, now go play.

[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by TIA SYDIBIL, Jan 22 3:46 pm

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 4:02pm PST 
Thank you all for your wonderful words of sympathy and support. I am being mourned in 3 state by all the lives I touched. My original foster Mom in Nebraska is taking it very hard. Everyone is gathering up pics of me to send to my forever Moms at their request. I was very photogenic you know!! The director of the Humane Society in Nebraska who drove me all the way to Illinois posted a very special memorial on her Facebook page. I will try to see if I can share it here and on my page. Thanks again Catsters, it is always nice to know we can count on all of you for understanding!!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by TIA SYDIBIL, Jan 22 3:46 pm

Purred: Thu Jan 20, '11 7:35pm PST 
Thank you Lacey. To know Charlie was to know love and his parents, his rescuer in Nebraska, and I are all reeling from his loss. We all thank God he went quickly and did not suffer.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by TIA SYDIBIL, Jan 22 3:46 pm

Purred: Thu Jan 20, '11 5:59pm PST 
Charlie was a special kitty who was born in Beatrice, Nebraska with Felv. Staff at the Humane Society there spared his life because he was too sweet to be put down, and arranged for him to be transported to a sanctuary in Wisconsin. Once in Wisconsin, the sanctuary could not take him for several months because of sickness in their Felv room. But since Charlie was born under a lucky star with a guardian angel on his shoulder, he found a home while waiting with 2 wonderful ladies in Winthrop Harbor IL, who loved him, pampered him, spoiled him, and gave him the best care and life possible. All went downhill on 12/30/10, and despite all the testing, treatments, and loving care in the word, Charlie was send to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. I will always consider Charlie one of the greatest rescue stories I've participated in during my 5 1/2 years of rescue, and he will be sadly missed by everyone who knew and loved him. RIP Charlie and let's all pray that they find a cure soon for the dreadful disease of Felv.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by TIA SYDIBIL, Jan 22 3:46 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Power of Purr Chain

QUINCY

Purred: Fri Dec 10, '10 3:53pm PST 
Haven't purred in awhile, but we have 5 cages of foster kitties going to Petco this weekend and could use some extra luck. Our adoptions are also down for the 4th (?) year in a row, so we are looking for a strong ending to this year. Let's find them all forever homes!!

PURR dancing PURRcheer PURRhappy dance PURRcloud 9 PURRparty
[notify]

» There has since been 388 posts. Last posting by Strega, Sep 21 9:58 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Power of Purr Chain

QUINCY

Purred: Thu Aug 12, '10 5:33pm PST 
Wow, send some of that our way!! Our adoptions are way down and our rescue is so full. Hopefully if we purr loud, we'll have a good weekend.

PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR
[notify]

» There has since been 459 posts. Last posting by Strega, Sep 21 9:58 am

Kitten Corner > kitty always hungry and harrassing the fish!
QUINCY

Purred: Sun Jul 25, '10 12:29pm PST 
Between 8 & 25 weeks is quite a range. Hopefully the vet can tell you how old he is and how much food he should get a day. I know alot of Catsters don't believe in dry food, but all our cats and fosters are free fed dry all day and only get wet food appropriate for their age (kittens get more than cats). I say if he's hungry you need to feed him more unless he is overweight - which he doesn't appear to be. Of course the vet check is a must. Good Luck!!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Fee Verte, Aug 23 6:35 pm

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.