Postings by Gregg "Zippy" Zipadelli's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Cat Health > ileocecal resection.. constipation.. megacolon..
Toni Stewart

190mph without a- race car!

Purred: Tue May 17, '11 12:30pm PST 
I've been a constipated kitty for a long, long time. When I first started having problems, Meowmy was feeding us Innova Evo. I was diagnosed when I had a urinary blockage and the x-ray showed I was full of poop! Our vet was worried that I might develop megacolon, so I started taking Lactulose (yuck!). I still had problems, so our vet prescribed Cisapride along with the Lactulose (and Iams Low Residue food, until it was recalled) and I was pooping better, but still had really big, fat poops. Our vet gave Meowmy a new food to try - Medi-Cal Gastro Intestinal Fibre Response. I'm pooping without any problems now and when my Cisapride gets low, the vet says Meowmy can start weaning me off it and then off the Laculose!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 18 4:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pure meat dried treats
Toni Stewart

Purred: Mon Dec 29, '08 11:29am PST 
Benny Bully's are my fav!!! Freeze-dried beef liver! I just gobble them right up, but my brofur won't touch them!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Toni Stewart, Dec 29 11:29 am

Food & Nutrition > Food for Urinary Problems

Toni Stewart

Purred: Sun Jun 22, '08 11:39am PST 
Hi Baby -
I hope you're doing okay. I just came home last night after spending two days at the emergency vet clinic with a blockage. I was completely blocked, which has my regular vet mystified because in her words "girl cats don't get blocked". But I proved her wrong!
Mommy is also picky about what I eat, but I will eat almost anything. Anything except urinary S/O and Medi-Cal Dissolution formula, that is! I'm at least starting to eat the dissolution formula (dry), if Mommy mixes it with water to make gravy.
Get well soon.
Headbutts and cheekrubs,
Toni
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bandit, Jul 11 4:08 pm

Get Well Soon > Purrayers needed, Please!

Toni Stewart

Purred: Sun Jun 22, '08 9:29am PST 
Hi Everycat!
I was able to come home from the emergency vet last night about 10:00. Mommy and Daddy were really happy to have me home, and I'm so glad to be here. I'm not to sure that Zippy's happy I'm home, Mommy says he was enjoying being the only cat!
I had the catheter in from Thursday night until Saturday morning. They took it out and I was able to pee on my own, so they let me out!snoopy
I've peed a couple of times since I've been home, and Mommy is watching me very closely.
Thank you all for your well-wishes and purrayers.
Purrs and Headbutts,
Toni
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tiger - In Loving Memory, Jun 22 10:02 am

Get Well Soon > Purrayers needed, Please!

Toni Stewart

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:56am PST 
Last night, Mommy & Daddy had to rush me to the emergency vet because I couldn't pee. I was straining and sat in the box for a long time trying to go, but nothing, not even a drip would come out. The vet was really nice and I was a very good girl while they diagnosed the problem. They did x-rays that showed my bladder was very large, and put in a catheter to drain it. This morning I went to my regular vet for the day (the emerg clinic is closed during the day) and they are mystified that I was completely blocked because "girls don't get blocked". Guess I proved them wrong!!
I'll be going back to the emergency clinic tonight when Mommy gets off work. My regular vet figures I can probably go home some time tomorrow.
Please purray that I get to go home soon. My brother Zippy misses me something terrible! I miss my Mommy & Daddy and Zippy too!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tiger - In Loving Memory, Jun 22 10:02 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My 2nd Bridge Day
Pepper (In- Loving- Memory)

Our Angel

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 4:00pm PST 
Hi Everycat -
Thank you so much for your messages. They've really helped to lift my pawrents' spirits. They have lots of great memories of our time together, and they still talk about some of my crazy antics. Although we had lots of years together, it still doesn't seem like enough.
(Pepper's Mom) Lexi - I'm sure that Pepper had a paw in us getting Toni. When we went into the pet store (I didn't know any better then), there was a whole cage of kittens, about 10 of them. When we approached the cage, one black and white kitten got up and came to the front of the cage. All of the others slept the entire time we were there! It was as though Pepper whispered in her ear and said "Get up, you're new parents are here!" As soon as we saw her, we both fell in love and immediately adopted her.
I like to think she brought us to Zippy too. He was adopted from PetSmart (SPCA) when Toni was 8 months old. Zippy was 4 months old and we were in love with him from first site too. When we brought him home, he would rub our legs and purr every time we walked into his room. I swear I could hear him saying "thank you, thank you".
I am so thankful that we found Catster. I have learned so much about the care of cats, and the support that Catsters lend to one another is absolutely amazing. Thank you again for your messages - they've really helped make a difficult time a little easier!
Beth
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pepper (In Loving Memory), Aug 9 4:00 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My 2nd Bridge Day

Pepper (In- Loving- Memory)

Our Angel

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '07 1:20pm PST 
It was two years ago today that my husband and I made the hardest decision of our lives and let Pepper go to the Rainbow Bridge. She was 17 1/2, and we had been together since she was 8 weeks old.
Not a day goes by that we don't think of her, and her ashes have a special shelf in our bedroom. I even kept a fluff of her fur that she had left (I think on purpose) on our bedroom floor the morning she went to the bridge.
Pepper left such a huge hole in our hearts that we had to adopt two kittens to help us heal. Toni and Zippy are awesome. We swear Pepper is still around showing them her old tricks. And I swear some nights I feel someone jump up on the bed, but when I look, neither Toni nor Zippy are there. It's then that I know Pepper has come to sleep with me, and she'll always be with me.
We miss you, our sweet angel cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Pepper (In Loving Memory), Aug 9 4:00 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > Stuff on My Cat Contest!

Gregg- "Zippy"- Zipadelli

I'm as fast as- my name implies!

Purred: Thu May 3, '07 4:54pm PST 
We voted too!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Trixie, May 9 8:35 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Thank you, HQ!

Toni Stewart

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '07 4:29pm PST 
The last time I was at the v-e-t, Mommy mentioned she was thinking of switching us to a raw diet. She looked at Mommy like she had sprouted another head! No surprise really, the v-e-t doesn't even agree with us eating EVO.
Mommy's going to try to find a new vet in our area that believes in feeding us kitties like we should be fed. She's been reading a lot (Pitcairn, Bernard) and is thinking about feeding us a raw diet. She tried hiding some raw chicken in our canned food the other night. I ate a few pieces, but Zippy only licked at it. I hope she gives us some more soon!

cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Annie Snow, May 3 7:49 pm

Behavior & Training > HELP: Moving the Sanctuary
Toni Stewart

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '07 4:36pm PST 
We have an enclosure built from the Just 4 Cats plans. You can see pictures on my webpage. It was really easy to build and Mommy is thinking about putting on an addition this summer. The shelves are done differently than in the directions, but we think they're sturdier. We love our enclosure and there has never been an escape!
Purrs & headbutts,
Tonikitty
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Domino, Mar 1 5:06 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.