Postings by Pooky's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Cat Health > I don\'t squat to pee.
Sooty

Just eat it!

Purred: Mon Dec 8, '08 6:23am PST 
Wow I was going to make a post on this very topic and when I looked it was already here!
I normally squat, but lately I occasionally seem to do a half squat and it goes all up the wall. I don't look like I am 'spraying' like an unneutered tom, I just look like I am only half squatting (it still goes everywhere though). My humans are a bit worried it could mean something is wrong with me? No-one seems to be saying that is likely from the other posts I've read though.
shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sooty, Dec 8 6:23 am

Raw Food Diet > What about kangaroo and/or horse meat?
Pooky

King of the- pride

Purred: Tue Sep 23, '08 11:51pm PST 
In relation to the actual question!
Sorry I have no experience with horse meat, but kangaroo meat is available here in Aus for humans and pets.
I had no idea you could order it over the internet overseas!!
Our cats love it and personally I would think it's preferable to factory farmed meat in relation to how healthy it is for cats.
All meat would have some risk of parasites, but I always freeze it first to try and minimise risks (not sure how effective that is!)
I would say it does seem to be quite rich - if you feed too much at one meal it can upset some cats stomach and they can throw it up. (also ours eat really fast cos they love it!) I was a bit worried about that but our vet said yes that CAN happen if they eat too much at once.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tyger, Sep 24 4:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > How about cockroaches?

Cosmo

I'd do it for a- Cosmo Snack

Purred: Tue Sep 23, '08 11:40pm PST 
Yeah I would think if they aren't interested in the live ones there's no way they'll eat them once dead!
In principle I think some insects are fine, but unfortunately something like cockroaches could have eaten some cockroach poison if you live in a city. That would be the main worry for me.
Our cats used to catch large cockroaches (2 inches not 4!!) and eat a bit of them, but I doubt they'd be favourite food.
We used to have a feral cat come up to our windows at night and catch beetles that were attracted to the light! He definitely ate them - he was a lot more hungry than a pet cat though.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Sep 23 11:40 pm

Cat Health > Poll: Who is the primary cat care giver in your home?

Pooky

King of the- pride

Purred: Tue Sep 9, '08 8:21pm PST 
In our house dad does mornings and mum does nights!
So it's half and half here.
Cya!
[notify]

» There has since been 60 posts. Last posting by Church, Feb 5 4:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > Mom's Scared We're Going to Die!

Cosmo

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '07 4:09am PST 
Hi Lucy
In relation to the short term feeding of human foods, all I'd add is stick to the least processed foods. Things like hot dogs, meatloaf, cheese could have things in them that are bad for urinary health. I am not saying they definitely do, but there are additives in there. It would be safer to stick to non-processed food like plain meats - chicken etc.

kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by samantha, Apr 5 5:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Making your own catfood
Pooky

King of the- pride

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '07 3:54am PST 
Hi Ishii,
Here's a couple of sites that have a lot of info to help you out for starters:
http://www.holisticat.com/
http://www.catnutrition.org/

Also, here's some good tips on the transition to raw food diet:
http://www.rawfedcats.org/practicleguide.htm

Good luck with it!

cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ishii, Apr 5 4:51 am

Behavior & Training > bitting and hiding

Cosmo

Purred: Tue Jan 30, '07 5:59am PST 
When do you do it - eg when playing or when affectionate? When being picked up?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Princess Honey Rogers, Feb 10 1:51 pm

Cats & Travel > driving from fla to nj with 3 cats

Sooty

Just eat it!

Purred: Mon Jan 29, '07 6:47am PST 
Hi Max
My 2 'brothers' and I recently had to cross the country which took 6 days . We went in a motorhome with mum and dad, and boy it was an adventure. In our case we were out of our carriers most of the time because it was such a long trip.
We 3 had quite different reactions , so I would say if you are normally ok to travel you will probably handle it fine, but if you are a nervous kitty you might not be so happy about the whole thing.
Sedation wasn't really an option for us for such a long trip, and I would generally probably avoid. I know it's not recommended for air travel due to dehydration risk, and you can easily become dehydrated in a car too - in warm weather and/or due to the airconditioning.
I would recommend not trying to drive too far each day, as we seemed to get tired out by that. You have to strike a balance between getting the trip over and not driving too long in one hit - just keep an eye on the kitties toward the end of the day and see how they're going and whether you need to stop.
I did react by far the worst of us 3 kitties on the trip, but then I am a pretty nervous kitty in general. The others were pretty comfortable once they found spots they liked to sit in on the road, but I was quite scared and insisted on hiding under the blankets on the bed above the cabin. Mum and dad let me, cos it calmed me down, but they were worried about me getting too hot and dehydrated, and I did lose my appetite a couple times.
The good thing about taking the motorhome was that we didnt' have to be put in our cages and moved every night and morning - we hate being put in our cages and it was one less bit of stress for us. However, of course you have to be very careful that you can make sure the cats cannot escape when humans are entering/leaving the vehicle!
Mum was very worried before the trip about how we'd go, and she was pretty relieved in the end at how well we dealt with it. Now we are in a cool new home!
Good luck with your trip!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Apache, Feb 2 4:30 pm

Behavior & Training > Cat Behaviour Problem - or is it bear behaviour problem

Sooty

Just eat it!

Purred: Mon Jan 29, '07 6:28am PST 
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I just had a chuckle at this amazing news story. Also sorry if it's already been posted before!!!

http://www.ngnews.com/news/2006/06/060613-cat-bear.html
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sooty, Jan 29 6:28 am

Behavior & Training > Need advice on angry peeing habit
Pooky

King of the- pride

Purred: Mon Jan 29, '07 6:25am PST 
Hi there
Great advice there from Phoenix. Just a point - I wouldn't necessarily assume she's doing it because she's angry. Although it seems like the 2 cats get along ok, cats can be very subtle and she may feel threatened when their territory is shrunk down to the spare room - especially if this is normally more the other cat's territory (do you happen to notice if the other cat spends more time in there when not locked in than Freya does?)
Still would try the suggestions Phoenix has in any case.
Good luck!!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pooky, Jan 29 6:25 am

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.