Postings by Sammy's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Behavior & Training > At a loss
Tig

Rub my lucky- belly!

Purred: Mon Jun 4, '07 10:34am PST 
I have a very shy kitty too. I raised her from the age of 2 weeks old as I have found the whole litter (6) at the SPCA door one day where they would have been put to sleep if I haven't been there. So to make a story short, she have never really been with dogs before as I only had cats. Then came one dog, than 2 and now 5 at home. The number have been up to 7-8 at a point. She always have bene shy and hided in the dark basement for a over 3 months until we moved. In the new house she hide from us for almost 1 month or 2 but now my cats have spaces that are reserved to them only. I have tall cat trees that offer them a peace of mind sport when they don't want to be bothered by the dogs. Tig is now able to be with the dogs but will stay quite far away from them. She is much better after 3 years which one year was spent hiding.

I think you are in the good way. Keep working on this and you'll see her coming out of her shell a little bit at a time. I don't think there is any need to rehome her. Cats take much longer to get over things than dogs. Keep on the good work!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 11:04 pm

Behavior & Training > Uh Oh I Found Out How To Get Into The Ceiling
Sammy

I'm the- purrrrfect cat- ever!

Purred: Mon Jun 4, '07 10:26am PST 
I like to go in the supspended ceiling in my basement. Mommy like when I'm there because I chase the mice. I guess your pawrents should find the spot where you can get in and patched it up so you can't get in here anymore.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Licorice Invictus, Jun 25 6:51 pm

Behavior & Training > cats and rabbits?

Sammy

Purred: Mon Jun 4, '07 10:21am PST 
I had a bunny at a point but he stayed with us for only a week if I can remember. I got him from the SPCA and asked for a female to soon discover that it was a male and that he didn't get along with my cat Sam. They would fight every day and it's the bunny who started the fights.
I had bunnies and cat when younger. The 3 bunnies and 4 cats were getting along well with each other. Although they were never together unsupervised.
I'd sugest you to get the bunny neutered if you choose to have a male. Also female bunnies are like female dogs when in season. They bleed so it's up to you to choose which sex but overall they should be fine with each other.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sammy, Jun 4 10:21 am

Behavior & Training > I want OUTSIDE!!!

Sammy

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 1:29pm PST 
If you can you can have a kitty run built in your yard. We don't have this but mom is thinking of having it built on the balcony. It's like a super big cage but for cats. So we can go in there and play and be out without all the danger since we are in a cage. The only thing is to have someone to supervise you since cats are good escape artists and that if somethig get in it can injured us.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sammy, Jun 1 1:29 pm

Behavior & Training > best kitty litter?

Sammy

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 1:25pm PST 
I use Special Kitty (W-M) clumping multiple cat with baking soda and I had some silica beeds in it. I do this because its the cheapest way to deal with 8 cats. When I had 2-3 I used only Silica beed with some blue pearls in it. It last for 1 month for one cat and you just have to remove the poos. It as a high odor absorbancy (sp?).
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Captain (RIP 2006-2010), Jun 2 7:46 pm

Behavior & Training > I have a mean cat and I don't know if I can handle it
Sammy

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 12:55pm PST 
IMO you kitty is a really independant one or he is lacking of something. What do you have to entertain him? Do you have a window he can look outside? One that he can feel the breeze? Do you have a cat tree for him to climb on? DO you have a special Hidey where he can go if he don't feel like getting disturbed?

Some cats need to be taught to be gentle when interacting with you. I had a feral cat at a point that took me a year to be able to have her to stay calm when I was petting her. I guess that once her start attacking you (probably to play) maybe you could interact with him with a toy or just shoo him away telling him that this behavior is not acceptable.
My cats knows that they need to stay calm and well behaved when with us otherwise they have to leave where they are.

I hope I helped a bit...
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Pancakes, Aug 25 9:44 am

Behavior & Training > Oh no! I pee'd on the couch again!

Sammy

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '07 12:42pm PST 
Patch I think your are suffering from territory behavioral issues... I know how it's like with my 8 kitties. Some of them will pee when not happy or just to be terriotorial to some room in the house. One of my cat peed in my bed, carpet, sink, and the list goes on. I know its not funny.
I'd sugest you to read the book CatSmart. It had a whole chapter on the marking behavior. I can't say anything about this chapter since I just started this one.
Also your cat can be rehomed. There is people that are going to be able to work it out or the cat won't ever do it there. Cats are not as easy as we can think of. I have both cats and dogs and I can say that dogs are easier to handle than cats. I'm not saying less demanding but less to care about. A dog is more simple to understand than a cat.
Before being on a farm I was living in small townhouse with 2 dogs and 4 cats. One of my cats was not happy at all with the situation and was peeing everywhere. We then moved to the farm and she almost didn't pee since we moved and I have been almost pee free for a month now.
Do you have other cats getting in your yard? This might be the cause for the territorial issue. Depending on the cat it will have a small or very big territory and this can change through the seasons. Your cat is more likely to have a seasonal territory that he's enforcing in spring time as he must be smelling other cat's urine.

I don't know if I helped a bit but good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sabrina, Jun 18 7:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > List of foods not affected by the recall

Sammy

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '07 11:00am PST 
There is two more I would like to ad to the list.
Orijen (Canada) and Kirklan Signature (Diamond Natural).
Thanks for the listing!
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 4:15 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Calling all therapy cats

Zak

what 's that?

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '07 10:56am PST 
Hello all feline friends!
My dog brother and I have started a group for Canadian Therapy cats and dogs , if your are interested or are doing therapy work please join our group. My mom want me to become a therapy cat and I will go to certification in fall. I can't wait!
If you are not Canadian and would like to join the group please feel free to do so. It's open to everybody!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zak, Mar 27 10:56 am

Behavior & Training > Darting outside
Sammy

Purred: Tue Feb 6, '07 10:32am PST 
The only thing I can tell you is to have a spray bottle of water in and out the door step. When ever you enter/exit and she is there spray and tell her no. It worked for Sam. He always want to get out and I fear that he can get caught by the coyotes.
If you don't want to work with the spray bottle use your foot to block the door.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kittie, Feb 7 8:35 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.