Postings by Phoebe ♥'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > How to give Miralax with a syringe?
Furman- Dexter- Baggins

Purring fur- Rizzy's Nanny- Jan

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '13 5:04pm PST 
Hi Everyone! Does anyone here give their cats Miralax with a syringe? I have been giving Furman Miralax mixed into his canned food every day for a little over a year, but I have been having trouble recently because he does not like canned food. He ended up at the vet last week getting an enema. The vet said I could give him 1cc of Miralax mixed with water or canned food in a syringe instead of putting it in the food. I tried it today and made a mess trying to mix it up and getting it into the syringe. I ended up with more on my shirt then in Furman's mouth.

Any suggestions?? I would appreciate any advicesmile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jan 20 5:56 pm

Cat Health > Asthmatic Cat- Alternive to inhaler while we go on vacation?
Phoebe- ♥

Purring for my- Boo Bear

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 8:12pm PST 
I am in the same boat...I wanted to go visit my mom out of state but there is NO WAY anyone else will be able to give her the inhaler or pills, and I know she won't eat the pills in food for anyone else.
There is a shot that I looked into, but I belong to a forum for people with cats on inhaled steroids and a ridiculous amount of people have said their cats got very sick after having the shot, so that is out of the question now too.
I can't afford to board her, but there is a special cats only vet hospital near me that has really nice cat boarding...maybe there is something similar near you?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Jan 24 9:53 pm

Kitten Corner > How were you named?

Phoebe- ♥

Purring for my- Boo Bear

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '12 9:08am PST 
I got Phoebe's name from the bird, the Eastern Phoebe.

One of the first days she had free run of the house after she was spayed I was driving myself crazy trying to come up with a name for her. I was sitting in front of the slider door in the dining room reading my literature textbook and Phoebe was sitting at the door watching birds. A bird came right up to the door and made a "fee-bee! fee-bee!" sound. Each time the bird chirped, Phoebe chirped back. I ran and got my Mom's bird book and it turned out the bird was an Eastern Phoebe. That is how she got her name, and her nickname is Peeps.

Furman is named after a kid I went to high school with who was a hippie., and kind of a wanderer. When this beautiful kitty showed up in my backyard I knew that was his name immediately, just changed the spelling from Fir to Fur, since he is a catsmile

Sassy had the name when she was adopted form the SPCA, and it fit her perfectly.

Polka Dot was originally a Pokey, but she had the cute dot on her nose so Pokey was changed to Polka Dot. She had a million nicknames, she also answers to Dorothy Jean, Dottie Rashada Jackarinda, Spot the Dot, etc, etc, etc...

Missy was named Melissa Callie because my brother and I both have M names with seven letters, I am not sure where the Callie came from. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Mordecai Sabestain, Jul 8 4:29 am

Cat Health > Probiotics and constipation

Furman- Dexter- Baggins

Purring fur- Rizzy's Nanny- Jan

Purred: Sat Jun 11, '11 5:56pm PST 
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if either Eagle Pack Holistic Solutions dog and cat supplement or Fortiflora would help with constipation? I know they are meant for diarrhea, but I figured pumpkin helps both ways, so this may too.

I would appreciate any opinions! Furman has pooped outside the litter box three times now because he has been having trouble with constipation (not bad enough for an enema), and Phoebe, my former feral girl, feels the need to mark her territory and pee next to his poop!

Neither vet that saw them were any help, I basically payed to tell them what the issue was and have them agree with me lolol. I listed everything I had tried to help and one actually told me to let him know if I found anything that worked.

Also, it seems like all of the really healthy good foods that he should be on for constipation give him diarrhea and caused both him and Phoebe to have major bladder/urinary tract/crystal issues.

Help!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 3:45 am

Grooming > Towel Bath Solutions / Recipes

Phoebe- ♥

Purring for my- Boo Bear

Purred: Thu Sep 9, '10 9:13pm PST 
Hi! I use Earthbath Grooming Foam for Cats. They have a green tea essence and an unscented. All you have to do is brush and furminate the cat, massage the foam into the fur, then towel off. They come out clean and shiny. I don't usually like scented products, but I love the green tea and my cats don't seem to mind it either. I bought mine from entirelypets.com.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Sep 24 4:49 pm

Cat Health > Personality changes on hyperthyroid hormone?
Sassafras- 9.28.92-3.19- .11

The Hostess with- the Mostess

Purred: Sat Nov 21, '09 5:40pm PST 
I was really sad when Sassy first went on the hormone and she started sleeping all of the time. The vet said she was just acting her age (14 at the time), and it just seemed extreme after being used to her in a constant hyper state (running around all night long with toys and howling). After a few weeks she leveled out and started to play again, but not as extreme as before. She gets tested every six months and she has been fine for the last two years. The last time she was tested I was worried because she had been even more playful than usual and I thought she needed her dosage increased, but she was just fine. Maybe your boy is on too high a dosage, or maybe he is just acting his age. It might seem like he is better off playing and acting like a kitten, but to a 15 year old cat it might actually be exhausting. Imagine an 85 year old human who is constantly running around like a 15 year old and can not calm down. Give him a pat from us!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sassafras 9.28.92-3.19.11, Nov 21 5:40 pm

Cat Health > 12 week old won't eat, is gagging, diarrhea

Phoebe- ♥

Purring for my- Boo Bear

Purred: Sat Nov 14, '09 7:51pm PST 
Hi, I am happy to read that Aura is feeling better! I just saw that you were afraid to tell the vet that pinky mice were they only thing she wanted to eat...please always give the vet all info possible, even if you are afraid. The missing piece of information that the vet needs could be the one thing you are afraid to say. The vet knows you love your cat...you wouldn't have been so worried if you didn't!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mary, Nov 15 8:50 am

Cat Health > What\'s my problem?

Polka Dot

Live Free- (Indoors) or- Die!!!

Purred: Mon Nov 9, '09 10:08am PST 
Are the results in yet?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Leo Lovebug ♥, Nov 11 9:59 pm

Cat Health > Back Biting

Polka Dot

Live Free- (Indoors) or- Die!!!

Purred: Mon Nov 9, '09 10:02am PST 
Those would be anal glands that were drainedlaugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 10 2:46 am

Behavior & Training > how long to be settled?
Phoebe- ♥

Purring for my- Boo Bear

Purred: Sat Nov 7, '09 11:39am PST 
Phoebe was a feral I brought in when she was around a year, but she was so malnourished I thought she was a couple months. I have had her for about six years now and she is still changing and doing new things all the time. I think it ca take years for a rescued cats whole personality to shine through.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Spazzy, Nov 8 1:03 am

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.