Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Get Well Soon > Stumpy diagnosed with lymphoma
Angel- TJ(Akerrs- Tazzmaniac- Jr)

World's Number 1- Most Magnificent- Cat

Purred: Sat Apr 4, '09 12:08pm PST 
We're all sending green and white light for you to feel really good, and to have loads of time left with your Momcat and your 2 legged brother before you make that final journey. We've heard from your momcat that you're doing really well, so keep up the good work, and enjoy your special day as CAT OF THE DAY! Woo-hoo! Way to go, Pretty Girl!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 4 3:48 pm

Cat Health > Baths?
Buddy Guy- (Rainbow- Bridge)

All the news- that's fit to- Ma-rraaaooow!

Purred: Sat Feb 25, '06 10:45pm PST 
Our Momcat found this great article about making bath time less traumatic. It's on the Animal Wellness magazine web site. Good luck!

http://www.animalwellnessmagazine.com/m/m81/feature2.htm
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 26 7:02 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > GIVE PAW

Stevie Raow- Vaughn

I really lucked- out!

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '06 10:52pm PST 
Momcat e-mailed Catster about this very thing when our pages were new, and they told her that you can't give paw to yourself. I guess what I mean to say is that people can't give paw to their own cats. That's why your kitties don't come up on your 'puter screen.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 23 10:52 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > How do I move on?

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '06 8:48pm PST 
Oh, dear Angel,

I'm so sorry to hear about your brothers. I'll bet you can see the one who went to the Rainbow Bridge sometimes, can't you? Buddy and Bingo visit Momcat's house sometimes, and the we kitties who are here always see them before Momcat does.

I came to Momcat's house after Bingo went to the Rainbow Bridge forever. She says I am her savior, because I brought Kitty Love back to her life. Then she got Buddy for me. I didn't even want a kitty. But you know what? After ten years together, Buddy had to go to the Bridge, too, and I missed him like I never thought I would.

I really began to feel better last year when Stevie Raow Vaughn needed a place to stay and Cat Daddy brought him home to our house. I didn't like the idea at first, but once I got used to him, he helped to fill my days with play instead of lonely time. Now I can actually almost envision a day when I'll like him!

I hope your one brother will find his way back to your house where he belongs. Just keep thinking that it's possible that he was taken in by someone nice like Momcat and Cat Daddy. They took Stevie in because it was a cold, icy night, and he had been hanging around for hours on end with no place to keep warm. Momcat and Cat Daddy always wonder if he had a happy home before he came to us. They searched and searched for a family who missed him, but they never found one.

In the mean time, cuddle up with your Momcat and Cat Daddy, and let them soothe your broken heart. You will do the same for them, and in time, you'll all begin to heal. It's so hard to say good-bye forever. I know.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 24 1:48 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > "Breed" Book Recommendations

Buddy Guy- (Rainbow- Bridge)

All the news- that's fit to- Ma-rraaaooow!

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '06 3:51pm PST 
Looking for a Bengal Cat or just want to know more about the breed? The definitive book on the breed is called "Getting To Know The Bengal Cat (The domestic cat with a wild heritage)" and it is written by Gene Johnson of Gogees Bengals in Louisiana.

She updates the book every few years to include new photos and new information about the breed standards (accepted colors, patterns, etc.).

In the edition Momcat has, there are pictures of our ancestors in the show cat section!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 20 3:51 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Are You An Aristo-Cat or An Alley Cat?
King Bingo- (Rainbow- Bridge)

King Bing

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '06 3:45pm PST 
Ahem...allow me to take this one, guys...

We are all Aristocats, but of the "Old Money" sort. That means we are not prissy, and we don't have a self-cleaning litter box, but we are treated like royalty by our Momcat and Cat Daddy. They respect us and they understand how happy we make them. We like to live the good life, but we also like to get a little dirty sometimes.

In turn, we do things for Momcat and Cat Daddy that tell them how much we love them and how much we appreciate all of their efforts to give us the best lives possible.

Our uprights say that we are not "pets" because that word implies possession. They say that we are their animal companions, and members of the family.

They feed us the best food they can, not because we are pampered, but because they love us and want to do all they can to keep us as healthy as possible. Our food is all human grade, with organically grown ingredients. Momcat says that's because she won't feed us anything she couldn't eat herself (although I've never seen her so much as taste our food!).

Momcat does a lot of research on food, health, veterinary visits, vaccinations schedules, and anything else she can learn to give us the best possible care. She says we desere it. We say she's the best! We are so lucky!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 20 3:45 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > animal cops bengal breeder

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '06 3:34pm PST 
Momcat and I saw that episdode and it really bothered us. We don't remember the name of the breeder (if it was even provided), but I am a Bengal, and I take exception to the show.

They described the Bengals as being dangerous wild cats, and taht is not the truth. the Bengal breed, at the pet level, is at least 6 generations from the Asian Leopard Cat, and is considered to be a domestic breed. Bengals are extremely affectionate and personable cats when raised well, just like any breed. If any cat is not well socialized from the beginning they will be feral and wild in nature.

I am an absolute love bug (and a terrific conversationalist), and so was my nephew, Buddy Guy. I thought that episode did a lot to harm the reputation of the breed and the responsible breeders. My breeder is a wonderful woman. She has a degree in Animal Genetics, and she socializes all of her cats really well -- both with people and other animals. All of her kitties are extremely easy to get along with and a joy to be around.

I'll try to do a little digging and see if I can find out the name of the breeder.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 28 8:08 pm

Cat Health > Help With Limping

Purred: Sun Feb 19, '06 10:14pm PST 
Dear Dharma Prana,

Have you been licking your paw pads at all?

A few years ago I kept limping and licking at my pads, and it took my people forever to figure out what the problem was. They took me to the doctor (Eeeeew! I hate that!) and he did x-rays and checked to see if I had arthritis. I kept trying to tell them that there was something in my paw.

Momcat noticed what I was doing, and she inspected my foot really closely. One of the uprights had broken a glass in the kitchen about a week earlier, and I had a sliver of glass in my pad. Boy, was it ever sore! I finally got it most of the way out on my own, and then Momcat pulled it all the way out for me. In other words, she removed the thorn from my paw. I love Momcat!

If you and your people just moved, it's possible something got broken along the way. Have your mom and dad check your pads for any sores or sensitivity.

Good luck, and let me know what happens.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 20 8:26 pm

Cat Health > Help! String coming out of butt and constipated.

King Bingo- (Rainbow- Bridge)

King Bing

Purred: Sun Feb 19, '06 10:07pm PST 
Whew, Rocko -- that's great news! We're all so glad everything "worked out" well for you.

Your mom isn't an idiot! Unless a human knows about these things, their first reaction would be to try to pull the string out. I'm just glad that when your mom tried it nothing bad happened!

They always tell us that something we like isn't something we should eat. I hate it when they're right, don't you?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 4:13 am

Grooming > Removing nails?
Stevie Raow- Vaughn

I really lucked- out!

Purred: Sat Feb 18, '06 10:13pm PST 
Oh, Buttermilk -- I just saw that your people have reconsidered, and I'm so happy for you!

On behalf of other kitties whose people might be considering doing the dastardly deed, I'm going to chip in with my two cents' worth.

Declawing is never, under any circumstances, necessary, and it almost always causes other serious problems in the future.

Declawing is amputating the toes at the first joint. This makes you adjust the way you walk and stand, and can lead to crippling arthritis as you age. It throws your entire spine out of whack.

Check out this link: http://www.straypetadvocacy.org/html/declaw_detoe.html

Nearly 90% of cats who are surrendered to shelters from formerly happy homes are declawed at the time of surrender. Why? Because a lot of us will resort to biting if our first line of defense is taken away. We can also resort to inappropriate elimination (peeing and pooping outside the box) and other behavioural issues.

There are great alternatives to declawing. Like "Soft Paws" (brand name) caps. There's a similar brand called "Soft Claws." We purrsonally like to use sisal rope-wrapped boards. Our people have them placed near the furniture where we used to scratch, and we use those now, and not the furniture. They have also bolted some of the boards in place so we can really get a workout on them. We love them! Momcat keeps our nails clipped, and we have become ery good kitties with just a little encouragement from our Momcat.

Good luck! I hope I'm not too late with this warning for other kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 5:53 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.