Postings by DeeJay's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > How much to feed kittens?
The Thompson- Zoo

Whatever it- is....we didn't- do it!

Purred: Mon Apr 21, '14 9:32pm PST 
I am still new to raw, feeding 2 of my 5 kitties raw, started the end of January. Have been feeding my dogs raw since 2010. Anyways we will be adding a little foster kitten to our family permanently. She is 7 weeks old. How much should I be feeding her? She eats whatever is put in front of her at the moment and she LOVES raw, steals it from the big cats and the dog lol, so I have been feeding her mostly raw food. I just like to prepare meals ahead of time and was wondering how much I should be feeding the little squirt a day? She is about 1# 5oz right now.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Apr 22 9:08 am

Cat Health > Does my cat need an IV and Blood work for spay?
The Thompson- Zoo

Purred: Tue Feb 25, '14 6:37pm PST 
Both are important as if there is an emergency they have a direct line into the vein with an IV. Bloodwork is important. The vet I work for does it on all surgeries/dentals. We see a lot of anemia in kittens and puppies due to worms. If you put an anemic cat under anesthesia there's a good chance it won't wake up. Ocassionally we will find liver or kidney abnormalities in young cats or dogs too. Those are the organs that filter and rid the body of the anesthesia so it's important to make sure they are functioning properly. If I had to pick one I would do the bloodwork.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 12:27 pm

Cat Health > Cat with urinary crystals peeing blood

The Thompson- Zoo

Purred: Sun Feb 23, '14 11:37am PST 
Have you seen this website? Cat Info Urinary Tract Health It has a lot of great information about Urinary Problems in cats. Peeing blood can indication an irritation in the bladder, have you had xrays done to check for stones?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 23 9:55 pm

Cat Health > My cat got urethra blockage- need advice!

The Thompson- Zoo

Purred: Sun Feb 23, '14 11:36am PST 
IMO it is best to keep your cat on raw. It could be the 5% veggies that are causing the issues, carbohydrates aid in crystal formation. Have you ever considered feeding Prey Model Raw? It may be just what your cat needs. I have 3 crystal kitties and have never fed the vet diets. I have a dog who was prone to crystals. She was on the Urinary SO for a few years but had to go off of it due to food allergies. She still got crystals on the vet diet, but when I switched her to prey model raw, no more crystals. She's been crystal free for 3 years (since I switched to raw). Have you seen this website? Cat Info Urinary Tract Health It has a lot of great information about Urinary Problems in cats. I have 2 of my bladder kitties on prey model raw, the other one is on a low carb, high protein kibble as she refuses canned or raw.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Feb 23 4:10 pm

Raw Food Diet > Senior Kitty Fed Raw

DeeJay

Serve me and all- shall be well!

Purred: Fri Feb 21, '14 7:59pm PST 
Quick Update. DeeJay is doing amazing. We are watching the phosphorus and feeding boneless with the eggshells added in for calcium as per the holistic vets recommendations. I love how easily DeeJay transitioned over to raw, she is eating every meal quick fast, and in a hurry which is MUCH better than she was doing on canned food, she'd eat maybe 1/4 of her meal and then walk away. She has an empty dish at each meal with raw. She also isn't eating herself like she was. She skin is improving a lot on her tummy.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 7 1:48 pm

Raw Food Diet > Considering raw. Need grain free and kidney cat balanced.
DeeJay

Purred: Fri Feb 21, '14 7:57pm PST 
For my kidney cat the holistic vet recommended the boneless version of the diet with the eggshells added for calcium. She is 14 years old and doing amazing on raw.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by DeeJay, Feb 21 7:57 pm

Raw Food Diet > Senior Kitty Fed Raw

DeeJay

Purred: Sat Feb 15, '14 2:39pm PST 
So I have a senior kitty 14 & 1/2 years old who has severe arthritis with muscle wasting in her back end, and also has early stage kidney disease. I am switching her over to raw (at my vets recommendation) and just was wondering if there was anything specific I had to watch out for. I know feed low phosphorus, but anything else? Is there anything else that I need to feed or that I can feed to help her gain some muscle mass back? Or will raw feeding in and of itself help with that? She has been on raw only for about 7 days now and is doing really well with eating it. I have only had to mix canned in for a couple of her meals.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 7 1:48 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw for heart disease?

Munchie

Was that the can- opener?

Purred: Sat Feb 15, '14 2:37pm PST 
So far the transition is going well. He is eating pretty good and even had a dime sized piece of a beef roast without barfing it up. We are just feeding chicken right now but I am excited to start adding additional proteins in.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Munchie, Feb 15 2:37 pm

Munchie

Purred: Sat Feb 1, '14 7:38pm PST 
so far he is doing terrific on raw. He is eating it with gusto and has even lost some weight (he needs to lose about 3#) so I am a very happy mama. So far he is just eating chicken. But I have all his supplements in the mix which makes life lots easier.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Munchie, Feb 15 2:37 pm

Munchie

Purred: Tue Jan 28, '14 1:16pm PST 
My Munchie was recently diagnosed with a bad heart, he has fluid buildup and his heart is enlarged with not the normal shape. We are saving up for an ultrasound so we can determine exactly what's going on. Anyhow, he has since decided he doesn't need to eat cat food (canned or dry) any more so I have decided to make the switch to Raw Food for him. Right now he weighs 15# and should probably weigh 12# so I am going to do 2% of the 12# a day. I am going to follow Dr. Pierson's (catinfo) diet for the most part adding in additional supplements for his heart condition. I do not have a grinder so am just going to use my ninja and no bones except will do several boney meals a week. I do something similar with my chihuahua and that makes it easier on her as she will not touch organs otherwise. Munchie can't handle any beef, even 1 speck of ground beef makes him barf about 5-10 minutes later. So will it be okay to not feed him beef? I do a wide variety with my chihuahua. I already started him this morning with bone in cornish hen and he inhaled it. So I don't think transitioning him is going to be too difficult. He has 2 vets (one is my dad who is semi-retired) and my dad is on board with raw, but the other vet doesn't agree with it. But it is my choice and I know it is best for my boy. If he transitions successfully I will probably transition my other 4 kitties as well. I calculated the costs and it will definitely be cheaper to feed raw over the canned they are getting now.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Munchie, Feb 15 2:37 pm

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.