Postings by Miranda's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Food & Nutrition > Kitty food discontinued
Monkey

I'm the baby

Purred: Sun Jun 9, '13 11:47am PST 
Natural Balance was recently bought by Del Monte, the same company that made Milo's chicken jery from China treats for dogs. I would stay away from it now. Have you looked into Orijen or Fromm? Another super healthy idea is The Honest Kitchen. Cats really need moist foods, not dry so canned would definitely be a better option than dry also. way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 9 4:47 pm

Cat Health > adding another - LONG post ADVICE!!!
Sammy

Mew?

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '12 7:41pm PST 
If anyone says you are crazy just say thank you and smile! We recently added another kitten to our house full of 3 cats and 2 dogs. Well, one should be 1 1/2 dog (she's a Saint Bernard) But when I heard the little guy's story (he was rescued by a good Samaritan and taken to Chgo ACC while a friend of mine was there from a Boxer Rescue and ended up with the whole litter and Mom) I couldn't say no. So I woke my hubby up and asked if he would mind if I fostered a little one eyed black kitten. He said sure just let me go back to sleep. big grin The next day I drove and picked kitten up and hubby fell in love and named him Sammy. Took him to the vet, he was 1.3 lbs and so scrawny. Well Kevin then said "this isn't a foster is it?" My hubby knows me so well big grin Its been 2 mos now. Sammy has had 2 sets of shots, he's been wormed, he eats like a starvin cat, but everyone else here esp the Saint and another male cat are his best buds. He is here to stay. If the Beagle didn't have cancer I would be bring home another dog but I don't want to put him through too much stress. That was my one worry and now it seems he likes the baby cay esp at litter box time!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Batfink, Aug 3 3:06 am

Food & Nutrition > Need help with cats that need to lose weight.

Sox Magee

Anything to play- with around- here??

Purred: Sun Jul 8, '12 8:01pm PST 
I have found feeding a grain free wet food has helped keep weight problems at bay here way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Starbuck, Jul 18 8:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > Anyone feed ZiwiPeak?

Sox Magee

Purred: Sun Jul 8, '12 7:59pm PST 
We recently added a new kitten (black, one eyed sweetie) All 3 of my others will only eat ZiwiPeak and now he is eating it, too. After watching Dr Karen Becker I have come to the decision to feed mostly premium grain free canned but I do leave about a 1/4 cup a day of Orijen for them to munch on. So far its working out great! I do know raw would be best, but as a vegan I can't stand buying meat from a grocery store and not too many health food stores that sell free range, organic around me so I went with her 2nd recommendation, Weruva, which my cats ate twice then ignored or buried. Just wondering if anyone else uses Ziwi Peak? How do your cats like it?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sox Magee, Jul 8 7:59 pm

Kitten Corner > Kitten Food v Adult Food

Sammy

Mew?

Purred: Fri Jun 22, '12 5:58am PST 
Sammy eats an all life stages food as do my adults. sometimes kittend and senior is just a marketing gimmick
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Rocky, Jun 25 6:10 am

Laws & Legislation > loose possibly owned cat-what to do
Monkey

I'm the baby

Purred: Fri Dec 9, '11 11:34pm PST 
theres a cat roaming our neighborhood, a very friendly tiger stripe unneutered male cat and he keeps showing up at my door. I feed him, other neighbors feed him and have put a heating pad in a chair on their porch for him to sleep on, which he does. He lives outdoors 24/7 has no collar and tag, I would like to take him in and get him FLV nd FIV tested and neutered before bringing him into my home. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs of my own. That doesn't worry me, but its breaking my heart seeing him outside in 10 degree farenheit weather frown any advice?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Benny Grunch, Dec 12 7:16 am

Choosing the Right Cat > CH Kitties

Monkey

I'm the baby

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '11 8:06pm PST 
I am a pet sitter and pet sit for several CH kitties. They both live with other cats that are not CH kitties, one of them also lives with 3 Boston Terriers and the other lived with a terrier mix until he went to the bridge.

One of the kitties belongs to a Vet. Someone brought him in and asked to have him euthanized. She took him home instead.

They both get along well in their homes and live normal lives. way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pandora, Dec 28 2:07 pm

Senior Cats > Senility

Miranda

I\'m so pretty!- Oh so pretty!!

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '11 7:52pm PST 
Hi Every Kitty! I am a 20 year old lady and recently have been acting a little strange. I meow at the top of my lungs, seem to forget where my food is (Mom feeds me in the bathroom by myself so the other kitties don't pick on me) and try to beat up our Beagle shrug I had lost weight but then Mom started feeding me more smaller meals during the day and that really helped, I am holding my own at 7 lbs way to go

Mom says I have every right in the world to be a little senile, and since I seem happy in every other respect and my check ups are good, she is just going to put up with my MEOWING, getting lost and trying to beat up the dog.

Just wondering if any other cat is also acting a little different due to age?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jun 17 1:15 pm

Food & Nutrition > Shipping to Canada??

Sox Magee

Purred: Wed Jan 5, '11 11:05pm PST 
have you tried USBones.com? They don't carry "daves" (not sure what Daves is) but they do carry other good brands
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by FOREST, Jan 28 2:27 pm

Cat Health > Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
Maggs

I want to go- MEOWT!!

Purred: Wed Jan 5, '11 10:54pm PST 
we have a Drinkwell and only 2 of us use it. Both of us liked to drink out of the faucet so Mom thought it might be a nice pawsent for us. It only gets loud when the water level drops so Mom just fills it per day. We like it!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maggs, Jan 5 10:54 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.