Close X

Postings by Merlin - An Angel Forever's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 454: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Inserting picture into post
Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Aug 24, '15 6:26pm PST 
Nver mind. We found it: The Watch Dog and Watch Cat Rollover Images Group way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ben, Aug 25 9:58 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Inserting picture into post

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Aug 24, '15 6:23pm PST 
Does anyone know the code to put a picture into a post? thinking I know there link is on the Plus forum but we don't have access to the Plus forums anymore (naughty Human). There's a Catster group for code and the code generator was at the bottom of the group's main page.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ben, Aug 25 9:58 am

Food & Nutrition > Rachael Ray Nutrish cat food RECALL

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Jun 5, '15 5:12pm PST 
http://nutrish.rachaelray.com/news

Recall due to elevated levels of vitamin D. Vitamin D toxicity can include such symptoms as vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures. Symptoms typically occur 12 to 36 hours after eating affected food.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 5 5:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > Transition to Wet Food

*Poof*

Purred: Mon May 11, '15 5:20pm PST 
I disagree. Catinfo.org is a very informative web site that has helped many cat owners. Calling it a "joke" web site is uncalled for. No one should be discouraged from using Catinfo.org or other web sites as resources to make an informed decision on what to feed their cat or how to care for their cat. Lay people on a online forum have their own opinions on what to feed and how to care for a cat but what works for one person may not work for another.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Shadow, May 22 9:27 pm

Cat Health > Littler Box Issues

*Poof*

Purred: Mon May 11, '15 5:09pm PST 
I don't know BK personally but I'm sure BK is a responsible cat owner who cares about what the cats eat, much like how many parents care about their kids getting nutritious meals every day.

I don't belive that BK has anything against vets. Many vets, not all, are simply not well educated on nutrition.

Can we agree on one thing? The urinary system needs water to function at its optimal level, yes? The body in general needs water to function properly, yes? So drinking plenty of water daily is needed, much like it is recommended for Humans to drink 8 glasses of water a day for optimal health and good hydration. Cats eating a dry food only diet aren't meeting their water needs. Sure, they'll lap at the water bowl or fountain a few times a day and maybe a few seonds each time but that's not enough. The easiest way to get water into a cat is through the diet, meaning canned or raw food. Even a partial canned diet would be helpful.

For cats who truly are dry food addicts and won't eat any canned food at all even after trying every trick in the book for weeks or months, then you simply have to feed the dry and encourage the cat to drink more from a bowl or fountain. Maybe even offer CatSip milk treat to get at least some water into the cat. I highly doubt anyone would go as far as to syringe a few ml's of water into a cat every day.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 15 8:44 pm

Cat Health > Littler Box Issues

*Poof*

Purred: Sun May 10, '15 4:54pm PST 
Kit Kit, what brands of canned food have you tried? We can suggest brands to try. Is texture an issue? Some cats like pate, others prefer chunks and slices. Have you tried Weruva or any of their related brands? These are chunks or slices in gravy or jelly. Many cats will eat these. Pride by Instinct is another similar food. Sometimes Fancy Feast Classic (Gourmet) is what a cat will only eat.

Have you tried toppers on canned food to make it more appealing? Crushed up treats, FortiFlora, even catnip works. FortiFlora is basically animal digest, the same stuff many dry fodos are coated in and what many cats find addicting.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 15 8:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > Is my cat overweight?

*Poof*

Purred: Fri May 1, '15 5:03pm PST 
There are tips on how to help a cat to safely lose weight: http://catinfo.org/?link=felineobesity

14 lbs for a 3 year is a bit on the heavy side, IMO. Some breeds are supposed to be naturally on the heavy side but your profile says you are a DSH.

My opinion is to feed mostly canned food if possible. Dry foods are too high calorie. Canned foods are much lower in calories. Generaly you want to feed about 20 to 25 calories per pound of ideal body weight per day. An average 10 pound cat may need only about 200 to 250 calories per day but some cats may need more or less. First figure out how many calories you are feeding your cat per day. Then determine what your cat should ideally weigh. Ask the vet if you're not sure. Then work out a plan for the new lower calorie diet. You do not want to reduce calories too fast because that would cause fatty liver disease. Do a slow reduction in calories over a period of a few weeks or so.

A mix of both dry and canned food is usually a happy compromise for those who can't feed entirely canned food.

My two cents smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 19 8:37 am

Food & Nutrition > Transition to Wet Food

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Apr 22, '15 5:02pm PST 
You can buy FortiFlora online smile I know Amazon.com sells it.

Try other toppers, too: crushed up freeze dried treats, a little parmesean cheese, etc.

Nature's Variety powdered supplement
Halo Dinner Party Sprinkle
Fish Sprinkles
Stewart pet food ehancer
Whole Life Pet Easy Additions For Cats topper
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shadow, May 22 9:27 pm

Cat Health > I'm using 3 times as much litter as before!

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Apr 21, '15 9:06am PST 
One or maybe even both of the cats likely has a health issue. Take both cats to the vet for a check up and blood work.

Do the urine clumps smell sugary and/or are very sticky and hard to scoop? If so, that usually indicates diabetes.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Apr 22 8:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > What are the least expensive brands of grain-free cat food (both canned and dry)?

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Mar 21, '15 5:59pm PST 
Catster is for everyone, not just veterinary professionals. You will find a wide variety of opnions here on Catster and other cat boards. Everyone is welcome to share their opinions and views and learn from each other and it's ok to disagree but keep those claws retracted smile

What to feed a cat will always be a hot topic. There are peple who will say dry food is ok, those who say dry food is bad and canned food is ok, and those who are pro-raw food. Then there's all the ingredient debates - grains vs grain-free, carrageenan vs carrageenan free, are fruits and veggies necessary, etc.

A good book to read for more details on a cat's nutrient requirements to make a informed decision what to feed is Nutrient Requirements of Dogs and Cats plublished by the National Academies Press. I requested the book through the local library and other libraries may be able to do the same. There are other published books and scientific articles on cat nutrition and nutrient requirements. Your local library can help you find these smile
Approved by forums moderator

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mar 26 6:51 pm

(Page 1 of 454: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.