Postings by Sweetie's Family

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > CHICAGO AREA KITTIES: Equipment Assistance Needed!!

Sweetie

Sweet as Pie,- Sheds like a- fiend!

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 10:57pm PST 
Hi everyone. I'm looking to see if anyone in the Chicagoland area can help me. I am looking for one of those large cages/crates that you sometimes see in shelters or adoption events where a cat can fit along with litter box, bed, and food/water bowls. I am looking to borrow one for possibly 1-2 weeks, possibly starting in about two weeks or so. I live in the western suburbs, and have access to a large SUV.

The following explains my situation and why I am requesting help with this endeavor....

I believe that I am unexpectedly taking in my sister-in-law's cat (who's residing w/another family member now) soon and my house is not configured to keep her and the rest of my cats separated while I try to socialize them safely and properly.

I have an elderly front de-clawed (and VERY emotionally sensitive) girl kitty and a VERY dominant fully clawed 6 y.o. girl kitty (she's our hunter). Needless to say, my girls are not crazy about each other anyways, and I'm scared to add another one to the mix. My sister-in-law's cat is a female, front-declawed, & approx. 8 years old. She's VERY territorial and basically a bully. She's currently residing in another family member's home where she's terrorizing the other resident cat (even on her first day there). The reason why she might come to me is that the family member is taking in another relative's cat (who's a senior and special needs) and they're scared for his safety (if she stays, that will be 3 cats in a tiny apartment- who will constantly be fighting). My sister-in-law is temporarily living in another country for approximately another year and does not want to give up her cat. She is a very nice cat when there's not another cat around. She previously met my girls, and it was not cute. my girls who don't like to be 2 feet in distance from each other, were huddled together in fear when confronted by her (note, they were in HER house though at the time, so that's understandable).

I really hope I can socialize them to each other so we can live in relative peace. I have heard of several tips/suggestions on how to integrate them, but knowing them personally, believe the crate is the best way to keep everyone safe, at least until they get used to each other's smell.

I am even willing to pay a small renter's fee if need be. Please note that I am currently unemployed and cannot afford to spend a lot of money. If anyone can help, i would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. Thanks for your time and sorry for the long post!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Sep 30 10:48 am

Cat Health > \"kitty wipes\" vs. human wipes, are the human ones safe??
Sweetie

Purred: Sun Jun 26, '11 9:12pm PST 
Thank you everyone for all the advice! I think I will try the unscented baby wipes soon!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sweetie, Jun 26 9:12 pm

Cat Health > \"kitty wipes\" vs. human wipes, are the human ones safe??

Sweetie

Purred: Sat Jun 25, '11 2:19pm PST 
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew about the safety of using human wipes (the adult kind) to help clean the back side of a cat? My older cat (she's 11) is not doing a very good job of cleaning her back side when she's done at the litter box (she's a big girl). I've used kitty wipes before, but feel that the packets that are designed for humans are cheaper and come more to a package.

I have NOT used any human wipes on my cat so far. I want to make sure that she would be safe before I tried anything. If anyone can help answer this question, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sweetie, Jun 26 9:12 pm

Cat Health > Poll: Who is the primary cat care giver in your home?

Sweetie

Purred: Mon Sep 8, '08 5:33pm PST 
My mommy. She's the one who not only does the basics (litter box, feeding, etc), but she's the one who knows how me and my sister like to play and she's the one who gives us extra kisses and cuddles. I should say my daddy is good too, but he'll only take care of the basics when mommy is out of town. if she's here, "no dice!"
[notify]

» There has since been 110 posts. Last posting by Church, Feb 5 4:32 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > National Rescue Organizations

Sweetie

Purred: Wed Aug 24, '05 11:58am PST 
Hi. This is Sweetie's mom. I placed a post a few days ago about trying to rescue some cats in Michigan. So far, 3 or the 11 cats have found homes with more hopefully finding homes soon. During my search, I came across a great website that lists different shelters and organizations from many countries and the US (which can be broken down by state). You can click on many of the organizations to get to their websites and/or have contact info on them so you can continue to do great work! Please keep us up to date on your journey to help kitties. smile The website is: http://www.worldanimal.net

Hope this helps! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 3:57 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > National Rescue Organizations
Sweetie

Purred: Wed Aug 24, '05 11:58am PST 
Hi. This is Sweetie's mom. I placed a post a few days ago about trying to rescue some cats in Michigan. So far, 3 or the 11 cats have found homes with more hopefully finding homes soon. During my search, I came across a great website that lists different shelters and organizations from many countries and the US (which can be broken down by state). You can click on many of the organizations to get to their websites and/or have contact info on them so you can continue to do great work! Please keep us up to date on your journey to help kitties. smile The website is: http://www.worldanimal.net

Hope this helps! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 3:57 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Michigan Abandoned Cats need Help!

Sweetie

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '05 11:22am PST 
Hi Everyone. I live in Ann Arbor and have a friend who desperately needs help in the Manchester area. My friend's father recently moved to a 2 bedroom home in Florida and left all their cats at their old home. Currently, there are 8 cats that need to find homes (there used to be about 10 cats). My friend and her sister and some neighbors are taking turns feeding them but they are very skinny and need real homes. They are all adult cats, about all from 3 years and up, and they are all litter-trained and some are declawed. My friend really doesn't want to take them to the shelter (afraid they'll be put to sleep).

If anyone would like to adopt a cat or have any ideas on what we can do, please click on Sweetie's link and shoot me a message. Thanks so much!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Aragorn, Aug 11 3:01 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.