Postings by Dolores's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Raw Food Diet > new to the raw diet :)
Cosmo

Purred: Fri May 6, '11 12:15am PST 
Hi, Inka, don't feel bad, it's a new thing and you're bound to make some mistakes. I'm new to the raw diet as well and while I am only giving my kitties raw meat and organs--no veggies, no grains--I have been cheating a bit with canned tuna and salmon in an effort to get them to eat. We are all very new at this in my house and there is some resistance as well as inexperience! In the short term you haven't done your kitty any harm but the whole point of a raw diet is that grains and veggies are bad for Kitty and yet that's what's in most commercial cat foods. The website I have found most helpful for info on transitioning to raw is:

www.feline-nutrition.org

and if you can't find a pet store nearby that sells raw diet components, try:

www.onlynaturalpet.com
Good luck!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Tanner, & Finn, May 26 10:29 am

Raw Food Diet > Bacon for fat?
Dolores

Purred: Fri May 6, '11 12:02am PST 
Just had to pop in and say "Butter!makes perfect sense!" My cats loooooove it when I melt butter for recipes but if I pour any onto a plate they only take a few licks--it's like they are self-limiting with it. I never thought of adding a little to their raw diet for fat (mine aren't eating skin yet, either). Brilliant!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dolores, May 6 12:02 am

Raw Food Diet > eating less

Laszlo

Purred: Thu May 5, '11 11:56pm PST 
Hi, I just started transitioning my ten cats to a raw diet recently, so I'm a real newbie, but from what I've read, and my intuition tells me, they don't need to consume as much on a raw diet because they burn it so much more efficiently than a carbohydrate-based dit. My cats are only about 50% raw at this point (no kibble, though) and all ready they are more energetic and less food-seeking.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Laszlo, May 5 11:56 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > How did you get your name?

Dolores

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '08 6:33pm PST 
My meowmy just really likes the name "Dolores"!
[notify]

» There has since been 53 posts. Last posting by Keiky Divine, Sep 14 2:23 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > when it's that time...

Mathilda- (7/03-1/08- we miss yo

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '08 2:30am PST 
We just had our darling Mathilda put to sleep on Friday. It was the first time I have ever had to make that decision and it was very very difficult. But I could see that Mathilda was uncomfortable, plus she was not eating and was not bothering to go to the litterbox--she was just urinating on the blanket she was lying on. Our vet had just started her on new meds the evening before but I just felt in my heart it was time for her to go. It is wonderful, caring thing to do for your baby. God bless you and keep you through this difficult time!
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by My Sweet Lady (Rainbow Bridge), Mar 4 12:03 pm

Cats & Travel > Traveling by plane with mom or staying home
Dolores

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '08 2:23am PST 
My meowmy has left us alone for weekends and we have been fine. Just make sure there is plenty of food and water available. Of course, we usually give her the cold shoulder for an hour or two after she gets home...except for Laszlo who is such a meowmy's boy.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ♥ Suey ♥, Jan 21 7:09 am

Laszlo

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '08 1:30am PST 
My meowmy was thinking about naming me "Raoul" but again she got inspired by a movie---"Real Genius". Remember the weird guy who had a secret lair under the dorm? His name was Laszlo, too!
[notify]

» There has since been 55 posts. Last posting by Keiky Divine, Sep 14 2:23 pm

Gozer

I am the- Destructor

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '08 1:28am PST 
I am Gozer the Destructor!!
[notify]

» There has since been 56 posts. Last posting by Keiky Divine, Sep 14 2:23 pm

Zuul

I am the- Gatekeeper

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '08 1:28am PST 
C'mon, can't you guess?? My meowmy was mulling over names for me and my bro when "Ghostbusters" came on TV.
[notify]

» There has since been 57 posts. Last posting by Keiky Divine, Sep 14 2:23 pm

Spot (aka- Madame Fifi)

It's good to be- queen.

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '08 1:27am PST 
I am named after Data's cat on Star Trek: The Next Generation.
[notify]

» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by Keiky Divine, Sep 14 2:23 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.