Postings by Andre's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 53: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Potential new brofur afraid of my dad
Gnomey

It's all about- the F-O-O-D

Purred: Sat Nov 27, '10 9:44am PST 
Thank you Abby! We are going to try the treat thing. Sawyer seemed a little better last night. Mom told dad to walk and talk softly and it seemed to help. sawyer did not hide immediately upon hearing dad's voice and even remained out in the open when dad was in the room!

happy dancehappy dancehappy dance

We all feel a little better now. Dad felt bad that Sawyer was afraid of him. It seems like it will still take some time but it seems like he will come around way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gnomey, Nov 27 9:44 am

Behavior & Training > I ATTACKED my Mom when she was asleep in bed! HELP!
Andre

distinguished- gentleman

Purred: Fri Nov 26, '10 12:26pm PST 
I am very sorry that you are having this experience. cry

I honestly don't have any suggestions for your situation but I wanted to respond and express my sympathy for what you're going through. I hope that someone is able to help you.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Nov 30 2:11 pm

Behavior & Training > Rolling in litter pan

N'bikay

Natural Born- Killer

Purred: Fri Nov 26, '10 12:19pm PST 
We all like to roll in the litter although usually only when it's brand new litter and occasionally when it's freshly scooped. It is a way of marking territory. Even if there aren't other kitties in the house we still like to claim our turf!

I like Bumpurr's suggestion of giving a wipe down with kitty bath wipes especially if it is a dirty litter box! It's normal cat behavior and not something you should worry about.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 27 2:13 pm

Gnomey

Purred: Fri Nov 26, '10 12:12pm PST 
I should say that while mom is in school we (me and my 2 brofurs) are living with dad. Mom has been fostering Sawyer in a one cat-one human household since late September.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gnomey, Nov 27 9:44 am

Gnomey

Purred: Fri Nov 26, '10 12:10pm PST 
Hey cats. I hope somecat can help us!

Our mom is fostering a cat, Sawyer, while she is away at school and she brought him home for the holidays on a trial basis with intention to adopt him if traveling and integration with us (me and my 2 other brofurs) goes well.

Well Sawyer has been here for a week and he was great in the car and we are all sorting our kitty stuff out pretty well. The problem is that he is afraid of my dad! Sawyer hides under the dresser and comes out when just mom or one of us in the room but as soon as he hears dad's voice or thinks he is coming down the hall, sawyer hides again. sawyer also comes out and explores the whole house with us in the early AM while dad is still asleep. This all seemed to develop in the past few days when dad had to flush Sawyer out from hiding in the cellar under our oil tanks.

So- do you cats think there is any chance that sawyer will come around and does anycat have any suggestions for how to speed this process along?

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gnomey, Nov 27 9:44 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Catster Survey Results
N'bikay

Natural Born- Killer

Purred: Sun Apr 5, '09 9:13am PST 
Oh yes the results were very interesting! Our mom is having so much fun with this project and is so glad that she could do it on Catster! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Apr 17 1:46 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Catster Survey Results

Andre

distinguished- gentleman

Purred: Sun Apr 5, '09 6:47am PST 
He he thanks Pepper- actually mom is still writing the paper! We sure hope she gets done soon so she can spend some more time on Catster and spend some more time with me and my brofurs!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Andre, Apr 5 6:47 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Catster Survey Results

N'bikay

Natural Born- Killer

Purred: Sat Apr 4, '09 2:45pm PST 
Ok cats sorry it took so long but here are the results from the Catster survey that we posted way back in January. We are cross-posting results. If you posted the survey link in any of your groups that our family does not belong to feel free to repost the results. Thanks to everycat that participated.

A total of 227 surveys were completed.
97% of respondent were female
Most were college graduates (42%) or had some college (27%)
Over half reported that they were married (54%)
The average age for the entire group of respondents is 44
The average number of cats per respondent was nearly 4 (3.87)
The average number of profiles per respondent was approximately 6
The largest percent of respondents have been on Catster for 2-3 years (29%)
A whopping 98% belong to groups on Catster
The largest percent of people spend between 5 and 14 hours per week on Catster (35%)
67.3% belong to other social networking sites
The largest percent of people spend 0-4 hours per week on these other sites (30%)
The measure for Sense of Virtual Community was scored on a scale from 1 to 4 and the average score for the entire group of respondents was a whopping 3.43!! Wow you guys really love Catster!

If you have any questions, comments or want to know more about the project you can pmail me or email my mom directly at jzl144@psu.edu
dancing
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Apr 17 1:46 am

What I Love About Catster > Catster Survey Results

Andre

distinguished- gentleman

Purred: Sat Apr 4, '09 2:43pm PST 
Ok cats sorry it took so long but here are the results from the Catster survey that we posted way back in January. We are cross-posting results. If you posted the survey link in any of your groups that our family does not belong to feel free to repost the results. Thanks to everycat that participated.

The largest percent of people spend between 5 and 14 hours per week on Catster (35%)
The largest percent of people spend 0-4 hours per week on these other sites (30%)
The measure for Sense of Virtual Community was scored on a scale from 1 to 4 and the average score for the entire group of respondents was a whopping 3.43!! Wow you guys really love Catster!

If you have any questions, comments or want to know more about the project you can pmail me or email my mom directly at jzl144@psu.edu
way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Andre, Apr 4 2:43 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Catster Survey Results
Andre

distinguished- gentleman

Purred: Sat Apr 4, '09 2:42pm PST 

happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Andre, Apr 5 6:47 am

(Page 1 of 53: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.