Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Other Meows & Purrs > Trying to meet 1 cat from ervery contry!
Soddie D

Get 'em!

Purred: Mon Apr 3, '06 12:37pm PST 
Me and my bros are Irish!

Dia dhuit, a Ian!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 3 6:41 pm

Cat Health > Some help please
Raimi

If it crawls,- flys or- squiggles-EAT- IT!

Purred: Wed Mar 29, '06 11:29am PST 
I'm happy to report that Raimi is home and eating. He's on some meds and basically the vet said that while he is positive for luekemia the illness the lisat couple of weeks could have been an infection and non-related and the little fella is trooping along.

Apparently he has popped outside with Iggy to use the toilet now. Iggy is being all fatherly!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 1 8:20 pm

Raimi

Purred: Mon Mar 27, '06 7:43am PST 
I'm really sorry to tell you all that Raimi was taken to the vet this afternoon and has been diagnosed with luekemia.

I dont really know what this means as I had to leave the home on Saturday morning to visit family. I will be talking to my mother this evening to discuss it more.

I did get word from her that the vets will be keeping him in for a couple of days to monitor him and will try some homeopathic meds on him apparently.

This is just so heartbreaking. No cat deserves it but Raimi is just such a beautiful cat - friendly, elegant, thoughtful, so mannerly and gorgeous and it breaks my heart to think about his little life. He had a terrible kittenhood, lost an eye and now he finally gets comfort and love in his life and this happens to the poor fella.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 1 8:20 pm

Raimi

Purred: Thu Mar 23, '06 11:58am PST 
Finally got Raimi seen today and the vet concluded that he was sick and not much else. He gave him 2 injections - an antibiotic and an antidote just incase it was poison.

We came home and he finally drank a bowl of water and ate a sardine so Im really happy about that. His temperature has gone down aswell.

So now he's just lying down, seems a bit perkier so we just have to keep our eye on him and hope he gets over this.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Apr 1 8:20 pm

Grooming > Kitty dandruff

Soddie D

Get 'em!

Purred: Wed Mar 22, '06 1:28pm PST 
I didnt realise others got this too.

Here's my advice and what i do;

-lick fur for approx 20-25 mins until dandruff surfaces to top

-jump on mommy/daddy/annoying teen or other household pet

-shake it baby! shake it!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 22 10:02 pm

Behavior & Training > I like to eat fluff off the carpet!
Soddie D

Get 'em!

Purred: Wed Mar 22, '06 1:10pm PST 
Hehe! I do that!

I like white and red carptets. Not blue though. Blue was so last year.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 2:27 pm

Raimi

Purred: Wed Mar 22, '06 12:23pm PST 
I havent been on here in quite awhile and havent had the chance to update Raimi's profile with new pictures but since Raimi came to live with us he has grown into a really healthy cat. He wis big, gorgeous coat, trusting and just seems genuinly happy.

He wouldn't eat anything on Monday night and hasnt eaten nor drank anything since. He normally isnt a hugging cat but I pick him up and he just collapses into my chest. He's breathing quite heavily and has a temperature. Last night he had quite a choking fit.

I live out in the country and vets havent agreed to see him. Tomorrow im just going to travel in with him and demand that hes seen and i dont care what they say about that.

We rescued him as a kitten and the vet said that he could have feline HIV but that he could have a comfortable like but one day would go off his food. But that was only 6 months ago. He's only over a year old.

Another thing that Im worrying is that i was talking to some neighbours today and they said that another neighbour had put rat poison down.

Im just so heartbroken. He's had such a tough life and he seems like he's just fading away. At the moments he's lay next to me on a chair with a cushion.

If anyone has any tips on how I can get him to drink some water? Or just ways in which I can make him comfortable until I can get to the vet? Or maybe you recognise his symptoms? Should I keep him away from other 2 cats?
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Apr 1 8:20 pm

Food & Nutrition > Throwing up

Soddie D

Get 'em!

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '05 4:51pm PST 
How is Sushi now?
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 1:15 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > It's been over ten years...

Soddie D

Get 'em!

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '05 4:46pm PST 
You know i was in the celebrity name thread and I saw Ben and i clicked on her bio and i read the story.I dont know if im pmsing or what but i'm just sobbing. It just clicked that they aren't going to be here forever and Soddie is such a big part of me and to realise that she wont be here with me for the rest of my life is just beyond my understanding. And then i see this and 10 years later you're still so heartbroken and she went in such a violent way.im so sorry for what happened.

Urgh im talking crazy like im sorry i dunno why im crying like this.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 4:58 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Are you named after a Celebrity? Post HERE if You Are!
Raimi

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '05 5:28pm PST 
Yep after the great actor Ted Raimi!
[notify]

» There has since been 52 posts. Last posting by , Oct 4 1:43 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.