Postings by Jordan's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Who else has asthma?
Impi

Live to Eat

Purred: Sat Jul 5, '08 4:07am PST 
I have had asthma since I was a baby. I am on medication but I still have the odd attacks.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Jul 10 10:43 am

Cat Health > biting and chewing the bottom of her paws
Jordan

Devilish- Darling!

Purred: Tue Jun 17, '08 2:49am PST 
Please look up allergies and Malasezzia (yeast skin infection)
These things will make your cats paws itchy. Malasezzia often has the appearance of some gritty black stuff on the paws or within the pads.
I think you need to speak with your vet about this asap as if the paws are sore and red its possible you might well need coritsone treatment, if you do then please avoid the shot as you can not reverse it if you react, go for the pills and start up high and come down slowly.
all the best
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jordan, Jun 17 2:49 am

Cat Health > allergies???

Jordan

Devilish- Darling!

Purred: Tue Jun 17, '08 2:45am PST 
im not sure this would indicate allergies however this is something that I do every now and again. I roll around on my back and flip flop while I meow in what seems to be an annoyed voice, I dont seem to look really itchy but more so annoyed. If the kitty has allergies then they would clearly show in some other ways. very water eyes or nose or even respiratory problems that are not connected to cat flu or virus, spots on the skin, red skin patches, bit like sunburn. Crusty looking patches on the skin, grit within the paws (possible yeast problem caused by allergies) also other signs are the cat might have the runs a lot, this often indicated food related allergies.
As my dermatologist has said to my humans a few times, I MUST be treated with a montly flea solution even if I dont have fleas as this keeps the fleas away and that is one less problem to worry about. often people say their cats do not have fleas and that is very true but who said the cat didnt get bitten by one flea who jumped away and left for good. all it takes to set of a skin problem in a cat with flea allergy is ONE bite.

All the best
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Patches (Angel 12-17-08), Jun 17 5:46 am

Cat Health > Confused?

Jordan

Devilish- Darling!

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '08 3:41am PST 
Hey Hector, so glad to hear your doing well with your skin problems.

We have heard that the litter is dangerous as well and to avoid it with younger cats and often kittens will test and try any sort of food including little, yep I did it when I was little, was nice eating litter back then, thats until I realised it was for peeing and pooping on. If you dont feel right about it and you think it might rock the boat with the skin problems then avoid it.

Hang in there with the skin probs friend. Im currently having another flare up!!!

Jordan
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Yoda, Jun 5 6:13 pm

Cat Health > Flea allergy dermatitis

Jordan

Devilish- Darling!

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '08 3:37am PST 
I suffer skin disease and one of my diagnoses was flea allergy dermatitis.

I would avoid cortisone at every costs but if kitty is in pain then its worth a shot, a lot of people dont know that many cats with skin disease and skin allergies to not respond very well to cortisone shots, pills work better and the shots can not be reversed if you react. Try a drug called cyclsosporine, more expensive but well worth it.

If kitty is still licking and itching I would consider looking at what she is eating, take away any food that has added chemicals in it, yes that means dry food as you only need to read the list of ingredients, we are cats and dont need 101 ingredients to make us happy. Also dont get sucked into these fancy allergy diets, you can try them later if all goes well. Stick with ONE MEAT only such as chicken, something she likes and keep a watch on the skin.
My mum often puts a shirt on me if I continue to lick at my skin but if your licking in a area that you can stop with a shirt then it would e hard to stop you.

If you wish to keep in touch then please feel free to email me, I hope I can help with the little bit of personal experience and advice at hand. If its any help I am having a skin flare up at the moment and I feel sore and miserable, (medications needs to be adjusted but need dermatologist to speak to mum first) get well itchy cat...
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Liberty, Jun 8 2:03 pm

Cat Health > Kidney disease - Phosphate binders
Zap *R.I.P- 15th Dec- 2009*

Live To Eat

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 3:57am PST 
Hi fluffballs,
I been sick the past few days with a gasto intestinal upset, yep something simple but it ended up causing my kidneys to get upset. I have had kidney probs for the past few years. Anyway went to see doctor, took blood and told mum that if I dont come good, IV fluids over the weekend or maybe time to go to sleep, yeah crap, mums vet friend has faith that I am not as bad as firs thought. Anyway I am getting back on track.
I am a pig but not really that interested in eating much at the moment but after 2 and a half days of not eating my belly is feeling smaller.

Does anyone use phosphate binders, any advice with them. Im just looking to make my life more comfortable at the moment as I know I cant fix my problem.

Head smooches from me to you
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sassy (2001-2012), May 31 11:32 pm

Cat Health > *whispering* Lost my voice!

Impi

Live to Eat

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 3:52am PST 
I just got over Layringitis, I was given antibiotis for it, worked a treat. if it doesnt clear up on its own within a few days go see your doctor. keep near humid type areas as the moisture is good for your dry throat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Impi, May 31 3:52 am

Cat Health > ice cubes for cats?

Zap *R.I.P- 15th Dec- 2009*

Live To Eat

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 3:49am PST 
Hi there, I have just been on an ice cube diet as I have been sick with my kidneys again. Ice cubes are excellent for sick pets when you have to slow drinking down, they are also great when its really hot.
No danger at all.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Binks, Jun 3 2:00 pm

Cat Health > mood changes

Jordan

Devilish- Darling!

Purred: Sat May 10, '08 1:52am PST 
If its any help I am a moody cow at the best of times. I just fall in love with my mum giving me pats but then if she puts a hair out of place I meow in a cranky way, I sometimes get down and swish my tail around, she tells me to cut it out as I am not supposed to be naughty like that. Im not a dominant type of cat, just a moody cat. they call me Jordan Moody Man at times. I think some cats (just like humans) are born moody.
All the best with your mood smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Harvey, May 12 9:58 am

Cat Health > Ulcers in Mouth- Help!!
Jordan

Devilish- Darling!

Purred: Mon May 5, '08 9:24pm PST 
ulcers in the mouth are usually Stomatitis OR calici virus, did your vet consider taking a swab.
Sounds like you need medication to treat this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stomatitis
http://en.wikipedia.org/w iki/Feline_calicivirus
get well soon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maggie Mae- I miss you my beau, May 11 6:16 am

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.