Postings by My Family

GO!

Cat of the Day & Week > Talley is a Miracle!

Pete

Friends are- furever!

Purred: Wed Dec 11, '13 12:56pm PST 
My sister Talley is a remarkable lesson in just how destiny can find a way! I'll let her tell her story in her own words;
When I was about seven weeks old I got very sick, my eyes got infected and I couldn't see because pus had dried on the outside of them and I couldn't even open them. Then, some how I got lost from my kitty mom & my littermates. I just kind of wandered blind for I don't know how long. I was so very hungry and thirsty. Then, even though I couldn't see, something calming seemed to come over me, a quiet sweet kitty voice, guiding me to an empty house. I finally got there and managed to climb up on the brick steps. Something told me to stay, and I was too thirsty and hungry and tired to go on anyway. It was so hot. After awhile I heard someone say "Oh my goodness, look at this" another voice asked, "Is it alive?" "Yes", said the first voice, "but not for long if we don't get help." Someone (it turned out to be our dad) picked me up, we went in a truck to a cool place with more people, and then I got medicine, (ick!) & food and water with electrolytes. (yum!)and then a shot. My eyes were bathed in something cool and then I could see again. I think I would have been really scared, but I'm pretty sure a very sweet cat named Sylvie who was so close to death from cancer led me to that place and she somehow led dad to make an unscheduled visit to that house to take some measurements he'd misplaced. She somehow new that dad would need the joy I could bring to offset the awful grief he would feel at her passing.
I truly believe that a miracle happened, and my life changed in an instant. I love my home
There you have it, I believe my sister would make an excellent cat of the week, and can inspire us to appreciate the miracles that happen when your heart is open to them.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 3:01 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.