Postings by Luna Blue's Family

GO!

Russian Blue > Am I a Russian Blue?

Luna Blue

Purred: Mon Jan 20, '14 10:01am PST 
She is quite lovely. I answered your post earlier. I think that you can have your pet's DNA tested. I've seen it for dogs, so I'd think it's available for cats. Nonetheless, Nyx is a lovely cat and I bet a wonderful companion.

We got our RB because of my allergies. She's a bit of a terror right now because she's going through a heat cycle. We have to have her spayed soon. We won't receive her "official" papers until we show she's been spayed.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Luna Blue, Jan 20 10:01 am

Russian Blue > how do you know what type of blue you have?
Luna Blue

Purred: Mon Dec 30, '13 10:08pm PST 
Well, without papers, you really can't prove they are Russians. They have cobra-like necks/heads, they are muscular. Their fur is short, double coated, really soft. The green eyes, mauve paws are two traits of a RB. They have mouths that appear to be smiling and their noses are black triangles. There is a page that describes the four-blue cat breeds.

Other than the papers, or knowing the breed of both parents, it's going to be considered a domestic short hair cat.

I couldn't post the link to the page I wanted to send you to. Google "Is My Cat a Russian Blue?" and you should find a link to the russianblue dot info site.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Luna Blue, Dec 30 10:08 pm

Russian Blue > Am I a Russian Blue?

Purred: Sat Nov 30, '13 7:38pm PST 
She looks a lot like our Russian Blue (who has papers). Did you find anything more about her?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Luna Blue, Jan 20 10:01 am

Russian Blue > How hypo-allergic are Russian Blues?

Purred: Fri Nov 29, '13 11:44pm PST 
I set up an account but it's not logging me in.. Anyway, we just got our Russian Blue kitten in October. I've always been allergic to cats. My husband rehomed his cats when we got together because of my allergies, but he's been missing having a cat. We did a lot of research before getting a cat. I considered taking allergy shots to get rid of the cat allergies. He loved RBs, but until we heard they were possibly hypoallergenic, we didn't consider getting one. I read about living with cats and having allergies. We even made plans to follow some tips but haven't had to do anything special for my allergies.

When we brought her home, it was the height of Fall allergy season and I was pretty miserable; oddly enough not from the cat. I had moments when I questioned myself and my reactions. But now I don't think I'm allergic to her. She sleeps with us, I touch her all over, nuzzle her to my face and when she scratches me I have no reactions. Cleaning the litter box makes me wheeze though. However I believe there is some truth about the being hypoallergenic for some people. Also, I went into the kitten/cat adoption area at PetsMart to see if I could be around other kinds of cats, and I felt sneezy and wheezing after visiting those cats.

I'd say visit a cattery or someone who has one before you being one home.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 2 12:47 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.