Postings by My Family

GO!

Kitten Corner > Kitten noises!

Luna

Purred: Thu Jul 18, '13 10:59am PST 
so, for a while now, only one of my kittens ( Luna ), has been making these, churring/chirpy noises at me when i give her attention or even when she runs up to me to be pet and loved up. i'm not sure what this means? Luna and Cheeba are both very affectionate kitties, they love all the loving they can get nd purr so loud all the time as soon as you even pick one of them up! Also, sometimes they will wander around the house making these little mew sounds.. i always call out to them and ask whats wrong, obv they wont understand me! LOL but if it goes on for a little bit i will seek the out and bring them over with my husband and i.. are all these sounds normal for my kitties to be making? or is there something maybe wrong?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 1:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > Whiskas Dry Kitten Food?
Luna

Purred: Wed Jul 17, '13 10:41am PST 
I have switched their food to LifeTime dry cat food! At first they weren't sure of it, but now they gobble it right up! I'm glad they like it considering i ended up buying a huge bag of it! Their poop has now become normal with switching foods, and they have become less gassy! they seem happier with this dry food now as well, which makes me happy! Life Time is a corn and wheat free dry cat food. i had went to a local pet store and asked for something more natural for my kitties, and had explained my issues with whiskas with my kitties. the lady had suggested 3 kinds of dry cat food to me which was natural. i guess i picked the right kind for my kitties! (:
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 22 6:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > Whiskas Dry Kitten Food?

Luna

Purred: Fri Jun 28, '13 12:41pm PST 
so, i am just wondering now if the dry kitten food, 'Whiskas' is something good to feed your kittens? I keep hearing now how most dry foods are very bad for cats and that canned food is the way to go. I have always thought canned food was more so like a treat for them, more than a meal? :S I am so confused as what to feed my kittens now! I want them to be healthy. Since I have brought them home and been feeding them this dry food, they have been very gassy and runny poops. I'm not sure if it's due to the food they are eating, or the diet change. (they were barn kittens, eating chimpmunks, mice, and God knows what else.) I have them of a food schedule right now. They are very much so active little girls, and seem to not see any problem with them besides their very gassy and the runny poops!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 6:58 pm

Kitten Corner > Do 9 week old kittens teeth?

Luna

Purred: Fri Jun 28, '13 6:56am PST 
Thank you! I've actually never heard of the chew sicks! I will def go check that out! (:
I'm starting to believe they have been chewing on my fingers because of my rings! They seem to want them all the time, lol.

Can you by the chicken any where? Or are they sold in certain places?
I have actually been running around trying to find a better kitten food for my kitties, because the dry kitten food we have now, seems to not agree with their systems. (Their poop has been runny, and very gassy!) The last store I checked literally did not sell any form of cat food, ONLY cat litter and a wack of dog foods and toys. I was a little peeved. I keep hearing canned food is better, but I had always thought canned for was as a treat for kitties! ;S
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 6:56 am

Kitten Corner > Do 9 week old kittens teeth?

Luna

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 4:22pm PST 
I've just gotten two 9 week old Tortie kittens. They took very well to their new home after the first day, and now on day 4-5 they act like they own the place! (:

I was wondering if kittens are this age or at all, go through a teething stage? They are very playful, but sometimes when cuddling they will start chewing on my fingers, and have been starting to chew on my furniture!

If this is teething, what are suggested toys/teething items to use for this? Or just them run their course & keep a good eye on them! LOL. I don't want them ruining my furniture or chewing on my loose cords!

I have always had kittens around 4-5 months old, and never this young, and have never noticed a teething period in other cats I've raised. So, I have no idea what to do in this situation!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 6:56 am

Cat Health > can smoking around your cat cause it cancer?
Luna

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 11:55am PST 
if would have been helpful if someone could have at least linked me to a source with their opinions, but whatever, i will have to get out the ol' google or vet number! (:

thanks for the welcomes, from those who welcomed ! ;p

Jan, i'm so sorry to hear that about all the kitties you've known! that's very sad. ): my husband and i too like our smokes, lol. we have two children as well though, so we do smoke outside because of our kids. the kittens are indoor cats, they're only 9weeks old. they have never come directly in contact with smoke, besides the smell being on our closing from it.

in the past, before we had any children, we still owned cats, and did smoke inside. but have always had very healthy kitties, who went to regular vet check ups and shots. i've been lucky to have healthy cats to care for. our vet knows we are smokers and have been for a long time, he has never mentioned to us about the smoke harming cats. this has just been a shared question of curiosity from my husband and i.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 26 6:02 am

Cat Health > can smoking around your cat cause it cancer?

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 5:32pm PST 
Hello. first off, i am very new here to this website, so please bare with me here! lol.

now, i have raised cats almost all my life! i love them so much. (: but my husband and i are also smokers. we've often wondered if second hand smoke could also cause lung cancer in a cat, but not sure if that was something possible; as we know animals can obtain many diseases and problems such as humans can.
we have just adopted two lovely tortie kittens, and have been wondering this even more now. if anyone has any form of answer for me it is appreciated!! we would really like to know about this for the safely and health of our new kittens! thanks ;D xxx
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jun 26 6:02 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.