Postings by Toby's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Food & Nutrition > FREAKING OUT! Need Help!
Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Fri Nov 29, '13 12:06pm PST 
If your cat will eat it, some like canned pumpkin or squash, which is high in fiber and helps moves things along. Not meant to be fed as the sole diet -- but this was recommended to me when my old cat had constipation and it worked great mixed with canned.

Look into a raw diet. :O) Toby has been fed raw since I adopted him at 6 weeks.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rio, Dec 6 5:25 pm

Kitten Corner > My kitten is huge!
Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Sat Nov 23, '13 2:28pm PST 
smile He'll be 1 in March! laugh out loud

Toby
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♛ Arwen ♛, Dec 28 4:05 pm

Cat Health > Laser or scapel?

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Thu Sep 26, '13 5:39pm PST 
Toby was fixed today. It was an extra $30 to opt for the laser surgery instead of the traditional scalpel. When I asked, the tech told me laser was "less pain for the pet, and instant cauterization for the blood vessels". This sounded good to me - although I have a habit of researching things before making a decision, I felt it was a good one.

Thoughts???
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 27 9:11 pm

Raw Food Diet > Supplements and raw food diet

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Sun Sep 8, '13 6:28am PST 
Taurine content is directly related to muscle utility.

So, for example, a chicken breast does not have as much muscle use as a chicken's thigh. And the muscle with the highest taurine content is the heart, which is in constant use. (It can also be said that the "darker meat" tends to be the areas where there's highest taurine... thighs are dark meat.)

So, if you were to feed frankenprey, as long as you include hearts/thighs, I think you'd be fine.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Toby, Sep 8 6:28 am

Cat Health > My new cat is dying

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Mon Sep 2, '13 6:02pm PST 
So sorry to hear about your experience. frown This is so sad. I can't help but feel a little anger towards the rescue for adopting out an unhealthy cat without doing due diligence - they should have been aware of the cat's condition. (Had the cat not been in a vet's care since the rescue took him in?) You did the right thing, and I hope the rescue takes back the cat and gives proper care especially now since you've footed the cost for a proper diagnosis and even went as far as to buy the food.

Be at peace! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Sep 8 12:42 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Grass patch as litter box
Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Mon Sep 2, '13 5:53pm PST 
What about poo?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Toby, Sep 2 5:53 pm

Raw Food Diet > raw fed kittens

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Mon Sep 2, '13 6:47am PST 
Post ads informing about kittens and offering to teach those who would adopt/who are interested, but other than that, just be sure to find them good homes. You can't force people to feed their cats a certain way.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Toby, Sep 2 6:47 am

Raw Food Diet > Vaccines and Raw? Pre-made AND Real?

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Fri Aug 30, '13 6:06pm PST 
Hi hi, nope!

I feed raw (Hare Today meat/organ/bone mixes w/ Alnutrin), and my kitten got the standard core vaccines for my area - FVRCP and PureVax rabies -- no others needed!

Human grade meat sold in the grocery in the US is free of parasites (including worms), but some do regularly de-worm their cat anyway. Cats are more likely to pick up parasites from other infected animals or if they're also outdoor cats than eating raw human-grade meat. If you are feeding wild-caught meat or fish, parasites can be killed by deep freezing before feeding.

I feed ground mixes so I'll let someone else chime in about pre-fab raw -- but from what I've read, these tend to be higher in bone so supplementing with meat is okay!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 8:20 am

Grooming > New to cats- How to bathe?

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Thu Aug 22, '13 8:15am PST 
I've never bathed my cat, he cleans himself. If your cat did something silly like stepped in poison or got something toxic on himself, you can wash a kitten off in the sink. Otherwise, good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Aug 24 5:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > Dry and Wet feeding schedule
Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Tue Aug 20, '13 4:44pm PST 
What are you feeding for canned, and how long do you leave it out before you pick it up? I have seen canned food left out dry up and turn colors, but I leave raw out for 6 hours a day and while the cat will finish eating after about 3 hours, I don't remove it. I say just leave it out until they're done eating.

Also, cats that are fed kibble are unlikely to want canned especially when both are offered -- if you remove kibble, you may find your cats taking more interest in the canned.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BK, Aug 21 5:25 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.