Postings by Truffles's Family

GO!

Cats & Travel > How long can a 6-month old kitten be home alone for?

Truffles

Purred: Thu Mar 21, '13 2:57am PST 
Thanks Beep it's so good to hear some qualified feedback! We haven't left her for longer than 6-7 hours so far, so I was a little nervous about whether or not it would be ok - she's grown so much that I sometimes forget that she's still just a teenager. The neighbour (they have a cat that we look after too when they're gone, so we're lucky) will check on her Wednesday morning and evening, and with my boyfriend coming home Thursday morning she will hopefully not care too much. She's never been a troublemaker, she doesn't wear a collar and when we got her I hysterically removed anything that might pose the slightest risk to her like plants and dangling cords so I think Truffles is set for her first nights alone smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by West, Mar 30 1:41 pm

Cats & Travel > How long can a 6-month old kitten be home alone for?
Truffles

Purred: Tue Mar 19, '13 8:52am PST 
She's a pretty chilled kitten, spends most of her time napping. She doesn't gorge on food either. I'm planning to leave her Tuesday afternoon around 4pm, have our neighbour check in on her Wednesday, and my boyfriend comes home Thursday morning. I'd leave out two clean litter pans and lots of water and appropriate amount of kibble, feed her wet food just before leaving and have our neighbour feed her wet food Wednesday and replenish her water bowls. Would this be acceptable? I also have the option of leaving Wednesday evening but I would prefer leaving Tuesday.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by West, Mar 30 1:41 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Should 5-month old Truffles get a buddy???

Truffles

Purred: Sat Feb 23, '13 11:25am PST 
Truffles is a 5-month old kitten, we got her about 6 weeks ago. She's an indoor cat and now we're contemplating getting her a cat buddy. She's not neutered yet (where we live 6 months is the recommended age), is very loving but also easily scared - for the first 3 weeks she stayed in the bedroom and office and will still be easily frightened by sudden noises and movements, but is trusting of both me and my boyfriend and really cuddly and loving!

What would the best match be for her? A young male kitten? Is it a sooner-the-better kinda thing or should we wait until she's more settled in our home? Or should we completely drop the idea as she's a little insecure in general? We have no experience in bringing together two cats so any advice would be appreciated!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 3:15 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.