Postings by Mia's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Kitten Corner > How to tame a feral kitten
Mia

Purred: Sun Feb 10, '13 12:42pm PST 
Not too long ago we decided to get a new addition to our family, and we went through the whole adoption process for Mia. The foster mom said she was a great cat and that she’d be a little scared at first, but then she would turn around once she got used to her environment. Well its almost two months later and she’s still scared. You can’t even go up to her and approach her. The only way you can touch her is if she’s on one of her “safe spots” (the bed, couch, and cat tree). We've been giving her treats, playing with her a lot, talking to her, handling her as much as we can. That seems to be helping out a lot, but I’m just scared I’ll never be able to approach her in the future. Anyone have any tips on how to help her get friendlier?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Arwen, Feb 11 3:48 pm

Kitten Corner > My kitty has bad gas
Mia

Purred: Sun Feb 10, '13 12:27pm PST 
Is her stool on the softer side? My kitten was also having gas, so we took her to the vet and she looked at her stool and noticed that it was on the softer side. She prescribed her Metronidazole Suspension and that really cleared things up.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mia, Feb 10 12:27 pm

Cat Health > Joints Cracking

Riley

Purred: Sat Dec 17, '11 8:36am PST 
I've been noticing for a while that my cats joints have been cracking. He's a young cat, just turned 1 in July so that worries me. He has to have a check up with his vet soon so I have to ask her about it when he goes.

Has anyone else had this problem and know whats causing it?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tink the Cat, Dec 17 9:35 pm

Behavior & Training > Christmas Trees...

Riley

Purred: Fri Dec 9, '11 6:11am PST 
My cat is a crazy one too. We put the tree up a little after Thanksgiving and so far he's doing an okay job at leaving it alone, I'm surprised. He did ended up breaking two glass ornaments, so we had to take everything glass off and leave the branches closest to the floor bare. He only does this at night since were sleeping and no ones up to play with him so he gets bored.
When you're finding a place for your tree make sure its not next to anything he can jump up onto to. We set ours next to the fireplace and Riley jumps up on it and bats the ornaments, so that side of the tree is bare haha.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Leo, Dec 12 5:51 am

Behavior & Training > The Silent Meow

Riley

Purred: Fri Dec 9, '11 6:00am PST 
My grandmother had a cat who was a silent meower, I thought it was the cutest thing.

Not Riley though, he meows very loudly when he has something to say.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Riley, Dec 9 6:00 am

Behavior & Training > Urinating outside the litter box
Riley

Purred: Mon Oct 10, '11 9:13am PST 
I have found that getting my cat neutered was the miracle fix for this problem. Mine would stand on the desk and pee on the wall, in the sinks, the bathtub, anywhere he would desire he would pee. When we got him fixed, the problem went away immediately and he's been using the litter box ever since.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Riley, Oct 10 9:13 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Do you bathe your kitty?

Riley

Purred: Wed Aug 3, '11 8:13pm PST 
Riley would go nuts if I tried to bathe him. The only time I ever debated bathing him was when he was sick and stepped in his poop and he left brown tracks all over the house, talk about a mess. Luckily it was only on his paws and not all over his body so I ended up just holding him down and cleaning his paws. A bath is definitely not a one man job, that's for sure.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Backstep, Aug 5 6:28 am

Food & Nutrition > Kitty Water Fountains

Riley

Purred: Thu Apr 14, '11 10:42am PST 
I highly advise that you get one, my cat loves it. He drinks water more frequently now then when it was just in a bowl. I'm not sure how often my parents clean the fountain but I suggest every two weeks.I'm sure the slime and gook builds up over time. As far as the water goes we use the water that comes out of the reverse osmosis filter which is what we drink.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Apr 14 8:12 pm

Behavior & Training > Does anyone else\'s cat Sigh, Hiccup, Burp or Twitch?

Riley

Purred: Thu Apr 14, '11 10:02am PST 
My kitty hiccups sometimes after hes done eating; and sighs when hes trying to settle himself down and go to sleep. I think its cute!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Galahad, Dec 9 9:55 am

Behavior & Training > Dumping my water - moms getting real mad.
Riley

Purred: Fri Mar 25, '11 7:50am PST 
Try one of those fountains from Petco or Petsmart. There a bit more expensive but my kitty loves it. Its a bit heavy so I don't think your kitty will be able to knock it over. And on the plus side it filters the water so its clean and fresh!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 5 6:49 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.