Postings by Laila's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Behavior & Training > my kitty is 2 1/2 yr old
Fiyero

Mr. Laid-Back

Purred: Tue Jun 10, '14 7:20am PST 
In my experience, you gotta love the cat you have, not the cat you want. I have a cat who isn't very affectionate EVER, but he loves treats and he loves to play, so we show each other love during playtime. You just can't force a cat to be lovey dovey if he/she doesn't want to be.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 14 6:48 am

Behavior & Training > Am I abusing my kitty?
Iba

World's Best- Kitten- Socializer

Purred: Thu May 29, '14 11:28am PST 
Here's the deal. No one knows your cat better than you do. If you and Arwen are content with your arrangement, then it's no one else's business. I have a harness and leash and my mom takes me on walks around the neighborhood, on campus, and sometimes to PetCo to let me watch the birds. She's very good at reading my body language and she knows when I'm done. Just because it looks funny to some people doesn't mean it's bad and it certainly doesn't make it abuse.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Iba, May 29 11:28 am

Cat Health > Does my cat need an IV and Blood work for spay?

Laila

Queen Bee

Purred: Tue Feb 25, '14 1:45pm PST 
Good grief! Where do you live? To my Oklahoma sensibilities, that's an exorbitant price. However, to answer your question...for an otherwise healthy 6 month old cat, there's no real need for the bloodwork or IV.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 12:27 pm

Cat Health > Cat Drinking Fountains.

Iba

Purred: Wed Jan 15, '14 10:43am PST 
I just got a Pioneer Pet Big Max at half price on Amazon. It's stainless steel (the filter and motor housing is the only plastic part and it's hidden) and it holds 128 oz. of water which might be handy if the dog will also be partaking.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maus: DB #53!, Jan 27 2:33 pm

Cat Health > Weird red bump

Laila

Queen Bee

Purred: Mon Jan 13, '14 1:21pm PST 
When you say "gotten bigger," what are you talking about? If it's now less of a bump and more of a disk shape, it could be ringworm--the bane of every cat owner's existence. Either way, probably a good idea to swing by the vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Laila, Jan 13 1:21 pm

Cat Health > Mac is very sick
Iba

Purred: Mon Jan 13, '14 1:19pm PST 
Out of curiosity, if Mac's liver enzymes are elevated, has your vet given him some fluids under the skin? The extra liquid (usually saline or lactated Ringer's) gives the liver an assist on flushing out toxins. We had an FIV-positive cat whose ALT level would get nearly 9 times the normal limit. He got fluids to help flush everything out. It would probably cut down on the work Mac's body is trying to do.
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Mar 15 4:10 pm

Behavior & Training > 3 Month Old Kitten Rolling in freshly cleaned litter box... meaning?

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Dec 13, '13 10:05am PST 
Because he's a three month old kitten and they are, by nature, a little bit crazy. I work at a neonatal kitten rescue, and I see kittens do all sorts of crazy things in their litter boxes--clean OR dirty. He should grow out of it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Dec 14 6:35 am

Kitten Corner > Should I get littermates?

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 12:02pm PST 
Three kittens can definitely be a handful. I fostered three littermates (and kept 2 of them), but because they are littermates, they will occupy each other with very little assistance from the rest of you. The two that I kept often curl up together and sleep or take turns grooming each other. Assuming they get along well, I'd say go for it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 7:36 am

Cat Health > my cat was neutered, surgery effects?

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Nov 1, '13 11:22am PST 
The green line is actually a tattoo. Not that male cats need one as most folks can identify an altered male, but some places to it as a matter of course to show that a cat is spayed/neutered. As for his stitches, I can't quite figure out the angle I was seeing, but it looks pretty normal. As long as they don't get really red and inflamed and he doesn't lick, he should be okay.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bruno, Nov 4 8:22 am

Kitten Corner > What is he?
Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Mon Oct 28, '13 2:15pm PST 
He's cute. That's really the most important thing. He's somewhere in the Siamese family, but more importantly he's cute.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BooBoo Jr., Oct 30 5:56 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.