Postings by Taffy AKA "Turd Ferguson"'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Feral kitten success story
Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Thu Oct 31, '13 10:13am PST 
What a sweet story! I just love people like you, that have such a place in your heart for feral kitties. I have no doubt that you will find them wonderful homes now, and they won't have to shiver in the cold this winter.

I have a feral, she lived in my neighborhood for probably 5 years, and no matter how many times I tried leaving her food next to the garage cans that she got into, she wouldn't eat it and would just run. But one day she took the cat food, and began to return every day. I remember the first time she belly crawled to my door, after I had tried moving her plate a little closer every day, she crawled and she literally shook all over while she ate the food off of the plate. But I knew it was a step, a big one for her. Then she would come up to the door, but she would hiss at me and then eat the food and run. I was patient, jsut sat in my chair and never made a move towards her. After weeks, she started to stick around, lick her paws afterwards and she began rubbing her chin near the side of the house while looking at me, but she wouldn't approach. But one day she did, rubbed against my leg, and I cried with happiness. I noticed that she was ear clipped, which made me happy to know she was already spayed. We made these baby steps, reached milestones every day, until now, almost two years later, I can pet her, scratch her chin, at first it was just the chin, she wouldn't let me touch her back, but now, she jumps up onto a low bench and rubs against me, and I can half pick her up, just under her arms, but she flips if I try to lift her off the ground, so I don't. She now lets my husband pet her and one of my neighbors. I am lucky, I live on a quiet street, she only goes to 2 different yards to hang besides mine. I live in FL and we have some cold weather, but nothing like what you get up north, and it is usually warmed up to into the 50's even on our coldest days in the winter, by the daytime. She won't come inside. I can't even get her to hang for more than a few minutes in my garage. I can't tell you how much I love her.

Sorry to ramble about my own success story, but I just have such a respect for people who take the time to care for ferals. I hope your babies find a good home soon. That is wonderful what you did for them.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Violet, Nov 3 2:59 am

Senior Cats > Shadow crossed the bridge today......
Beep

Purred: Fri Jul 19, '13 11:50am PST 
frown So sorry for your loss. Try to remember the fun times and goofy, silly or crazy things your kitty did, keeping the funny memories alive and thinking about them has always helped me. And telling those stories to family and friends. Shadow is running free like a kitten now, and no more pain. Hugs.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Pickles & Cinders, Aug 27 11:25 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Look at us!

Beep

Purred: Thu Jul 18, '13 5:10am PST 
Your kitties are very, very cute and beautiful smile My dream is to own a Siamese cat one day! Must have one! I currently have 3 cats a dog and a feral, so it's not in the cards for a while, but some day!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mikko, Jul 18 10:44 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Making people aware of the truth in the way The Humane Society of Mb. Treats owners of beloved pets

Beep

Purred: Thu Jul 18, '13 5:07am PST 
I am convinced that the requirement to work in one of these places is that you not only be an animal hater, but any sociopathic tendencies make you even more likely to be hired.....and promoted to the top ranks quickly! Can you imagine if they had a bunch of animal loving people like us? They would never be able to do what they do, just tossing away and killing animals like it's nothing, or being able to be icy cold about it and not let it affect you....that is the kind of employees they want to work there. So that is what you are going to deal with when you deal with those agencies. At least the ones I have heard about.....I'm sure there are some good people out there, but I would think they are few and far between. Who would be able to do that job if you were an animal lover? It would be too hard. So that is what you get when you deal with such places. People who ARE cold, don't care, who are just there to do a job. I think it takes a real cold person to do most of those jobs. Sorry if I offended anyone that works in a good shelter, I'm sure they do exist, but I have heard too many horror stories of how people and animals are treated at some though. Shocking.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, Aug 20 11:11 am

Food & Nutrition > Is switching my two 1 year old cats from friskies canned food to evo canned food a smart choice

Beep

Purred: Thu Jul 18, '13 5:00am PST 
I have to agree, I don't trust EVO anymore, and now there have been recalls on the EVO dry food, I just think there are better choices out there. Yeah, it is probably better than friskies though. It could be the grains that are causing your kitties to throw up, or they could be devloping and now showing a food allergy......I have a cat that is allergic to beef, she throws up every time she eats a food with beef. I feed my cats Wellness, grain free, but not the core (because they won't eat it) although if yours will eat the core, it's a good food. I have had the least issues with any problems while feeding wellness, which is why it is the one I feed the most. But I do rotate foods on occasion. I got a good deal on Merrick (thanksgiving day dinner and grammy's pot pie) and bought a few cases of that, and my cats like it and tolerate it fine, but that one is being elimanted and Merrick has a new food out. It is a good brand to use also. I have also fed Halo, Natural Balance and Nature's Variety Instinct. There are some other really good choices out there that are about the same price as EVO. If you can find the wellness in the 12 ounce cans, it's a better value. Yeah, Evo is probably better than Friskies, no doubt, but I don't trust this company so much, and now all the recalls.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beep, Jul 18 5:00 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Kitty Confusion!
Beep

Purred: Wed Jul 17, '13 3:56pm PST 
Can't ait to hear more about him! Keep them separated for at least a week, it's important for new kitty to feel safe in his new home before setting about to introductions. Can't wait to see pictures!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, Jul 17 9:00 pm

Kitten Corner > My new kitten, Maine coon mix?

Beep

Purred: Wed Jul 17, '13 3:55pm PST 
She does look like she could be. I didn't know that mine possibly was until my vet pointed it out. When I look at pictures of him as a kitten, he looked just like a tabby, but as he grew, he got the fluffy maine, tail, fluff between his feet pads, and his personality is spot on with maine coons, eating with paws, playing with water, and he does the chirpy thing too, and he is very quiet. He is one of the sweetest, most beautiful cats I have ever owned. I think he either got lost out of someones house, or was dumped in my neighborhood, because he clearly did not know how to be outside, he acted like he had never been so before. He is 5 now, about 15 pounds.....one of the few things about him that makes us sure he is not a full maine coon, he would be a lot bigger probably. He is a sweetie. Your kitty looks a lot like he did as a kitten.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Willow Jade, Jul 17 6:11 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter Box Stink

Beep

Purred: Wed Jul 17, '13 3:49pm PST 
After many, many years of wondering the same thing, I found out, like everyone else has.....scoop it every single day, and take the whole thing out and hose it out with a garden hose weekly. I have 3 litter boxes, two Breeze ones, which work differently, and those get the tray sprayed down with a safe all natural cleaner and wiped with a paper towel once a week, and hosed out monthly. I have one traditional, covered litter box in the den that I use world's best cat litter. I scoop it daily, and I can actually go about 10 days before I have to completely change it out, and when I do, the whole thing gets hosed outside. I use the small bag of world's best each time. Scooping daily is the ony way, but also, cleaning that thing out regularly is key. I have one cat that is super finicky, and I used to be good about scooping but not so good at cleaning it, and she started to pee outside of the box when it got to that point. Especially if you have one that is covered, and you are not seeing the pee that is clinging to the roof and sides and in the cracks of where it joins together.......it gets really gross if you don't hose it out regularly.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Liriel, Aug 6 10:06 am

Cat Health > Revolution?

Beep

Purred: Wed Jul 17, '13 3:37pm PST 
I use Revolution on my feral, and she has no problems with it at all. I never really see fleas on her, but it's FL where I live and I do see her scratch so I've been using it. I think it is an excellent product. I use Advantage or Frontline on my indoor cats once in a blue moon, if my dog gets fleas. She goes out in the yard, so I do have to treat her, and so I do treat them in the summer sometimes. But once you get the problem under control and they are inside, you do rarely have to use it. I think Revolution is a great product, my sister also uses it, for years now, on her indoor/outdoor cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Steinem - In Memory, Jul 24 4:16 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help with trapping a nice, but timid feral kitty
Beep

Purred: Fri Jul 12, '13 8:03am PST 
I'm SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! This is such wonderful news, and you are truly an inspiration to me! I would love to follow you on facebook too, I just love this story smile

I have a feral girl I have cared for for over a year now. I have 3 inside cats, and I don't know hear health status, but I fear she may have one of the dreaded cat diseases, and she has lived outside for years. She has a very decent life here, my street is quiet, few cars through here, every one in the neighborhood knows she has been here for years and no one messes with her, and she is arleady fixed and ear tipped. Still, I ponder bringing her in, but I know it would not work out. So I love her as much as I can outside, I am working on making a patio for her to hang out on, other than my front porch. I adore her.

I am so beyond thrilled with with your progress and you changed that cats life, saved it really.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beep, Jul 12 8:03 am

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.