Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > when it comes to grieving do all cats do it the same
Nermal

Purred: Fri Jan 3, '14 6:40pm PST 
on December 18th 2013 our oldest dog had a really bad stroke in the house in front of 3 of our cats and to the point where she took her to the vet and she had to be put down. the past weeks i know they know shes gone they just sleep in the basement of the house. before all five of them plus the two dogs would sleep in the upper floor now that their friend is gone they avoid the bedroom where she used to sleep and her best buddie jd (other dog) he just mops around the house they dont eat like they used to or act the same how long do you think it will last.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 3 11:32 pm

Behavior & Training > its play time
Leela

Leela flys the- planet express

Purred: Tue Dec 17, '13 5:56pm PST 
so miss leela is a out of shape kitty and needs to drop some weight she just doesnt care for playing. we have mice that make sounds when you bat them she was into them for all of 5 mins, the feather wands she plays with for 10 mins then shes done, i even went to far to buy the crazy kitty she just likes to look at it when her brother plays with it.she likes pipe cleaners for about 15 or so and then just doesnt want to play not even the laser will get her going. she hates anything with bells on it, she loves catnip but only plays with those toys for a short time. anyone know a good toy to get a lazy cat up and playing shes on a new diet as well and she wont go for walks ive tried her brother loves to walk in the halls of our condo.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 5:56 pm

Behavior & Training > no sleep for you

Bear

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 3:21pm PST 
so our cat bear has been coming into our room at 6 am to meow and stomp around on us getting up and playing with him doesnt work he gets bored after 5 mins of playing he doesnt want to snuggle he just lays and gets back up again i used to get up and feed him and go back to bed that was only a short fix now he comes in meows in our faces my b/f has had it with bear he doesnt get any sleep but he says the cats just being a jerk lol but its not his fault. bear has a clean bill of health he has a little cat anxity at night he can just push the door open when its shut or he justs meows outside the door. i played with bear an hour before bed time take him for a walk we live in a condo and put some food out before bed. i went to the store and picked up Whisker City™ Calm Down™ for his sister leela who can get really grumpy at times. ive started to do a whole new bed time with bear walk,play,snuggl, food and then i we go to bed. last night we got to sleep but bear came in at 6 am and he just layed on the bed. who ever says cats are easyer then dogs must be a tad nuts. does anyone have an other tips we can try and bear isnt a big fan of toys with bells or feathers, he got into my craft box and stole my pipe cleaners cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 1 3:21 pm

Cat Health > Reducing kitty stress

Bear

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 3:12pm PST 
my cats are on Whisker City™ Calm Down™ its only $10 at petsmart you can mix it in their wet food or water i use it in their water it seems to help they also make Whisker City™ At Ease™ for Cats its a spray ill be picking some up soon but my kitty bear has anxity and his sister leela get grumpy when change or new people come over
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 1 3:12 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > littler types you like

Leela

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 3:08pm PST 
i just wanted to share and ask what types of littler do you find that work the best and does it really help to make the change from clay.
i found myself standing in a petsmart for a good 15 mins look at littler brands until my eyes glazed over so many kinds and at this point clay is out of the question it makes a mess on my floor and i can smell the pee smell in the littler. so ive tryed wood pellets for my cats called ExquisiCat® Naturals Fragrance Free Pine Cat Litter the first time i used it my cats said noway im not a bunny. so we tryed them on itcat littler its too fine and didnt clump at all we've tryed at least 20 types of litter from worlds best to Dr. Elsey's and my cats say no no. so i lost my mind a little at the store and picked up a 40 pound bag of pine litter and said if they dont like it tuff cookies and a small bag or blue buffalo walnut littler well i can say i love the smell of the walnut littler and the cats like it too but its really pricey so i mixed it with the pine littler and the cats went fine if i must ill use it but i am not a bunny. the cats now love pine litter no smelly box easy clean and no messy floor. so what do you and your kittys like.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 9 9:36 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > I need litter help!
Leela

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 2:54pm PST 
i know this might sound weird but my leela was the same way but she has dry skin so we changed from the clay littler to wood pellet not only does it not have a bad smell when they use the box but its easy clean up i dont have to dig for 20 mins i have 2 cats and i litle to mix in blue buffalo littler its made out of walnut shells and smells good at first my cats were not big fans of the wood littler but they love it now no smelly butts it doesnt stick to their fur sometimes they like to sit in the box and when they go pee the wood fluffs up and you just scoop it out
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Nov 30 8:09 am

Cats and a Clean Home > My Butt Stinks, and I Fling Litter Everywhere

Leela

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 2:51pm PST 
my cats did the same thing kick it out of the box i went and got a tote from the hardwear store homedepot cut a big hole in it but not to low to the bottom and not to high so they cant get inside, my cat leela has a smelly butt i would have to clean it with unscented baby wipes or the whipes they sell at the pet store and i changed my littler to wood pellets letter and it made a big change no more smelly butt no more little stuck to their fur and no more mess on the floor
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 11 4:03 pm

Behavior & Training > Will my two cats ever get along!?

Leela

Purred: Tue Mar 19, '13 8:05pm PST 
hey there i'm having the same problem with my 2 cats leela and bear but their brother and sister (the same age) they used to get along and now leela was hiss at him if hes on the other side of the room and now he does charge her. ive done all the same steps as you and im still at a loss i now take bear for walks in our condo hallways. i hope you can figure it out and pass it along lol best of luck to you
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 2:09 pm

Raw Food Diet > can cats eat beef whats best for raw food

Leela

Purred: Thu Mar 14, '13 11:23pm PST 
i went for visit to the vet to ask about putting my cats on a raw food diet my vet looked at me as if i had something in my teeth shook his head no and said i could make my cats very sick, he said put them on dry food i said i noway i just switched them to wet food and thats where i was staying no more dry food. i would like to know what raw foods they can have mainly meats i know they shouldnt have raw pork, but would beef be ok chicken is getting high in price where i live. i also wonder why my vet thinks raw food diets are really bad. i also have a kitchen aid grinder but i dont know if will grind chicken bones.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 23 2:17 am

Food & Nutrition > food that helps loose weight
Leela

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:15am PST 
yes we dont have a petco we have a petsmart and a petcetera cat food is very pricey here some of the foods that were listed are $3 a can. im looking for something that wont break the bank because we have 2 cats so they eat the same thing
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 25 9:31 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.